Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Camera panning after casting

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Sometimes I want to see what my neighbors are catching, but my camera is locked in stationary position and I can't camera swivel. Can't we unlock the view? I'm not asking to go running amok, just want to be able to look left and right.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
An effect that the fishing update added to the game was so that when you're fishing anyone's character or mount wont obstruct your field of view (They turn invisible) thus stopping trolls. This would also mean that you wouldn't be able to see your neighbors, and possibly not even their catch. You can't pan your camera because you need to focus on the bobber. That's what fishing is about.

While that could be a nice touch, less fish would be caught because attention on the bobber would be low. Just ask what fish they caught if they caught anything interesting.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Ethan Dragonblade on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
An effect that the fishing update added to the game was so that when you're fishing anyone's character or mount wont obstruct your field of view (They turn invisible) thus stopping trolls. This would also mean that you wouldn't be able to see your neighbors, and possibly not even their catch. You can't pan your camera because you need to focus on the bobber. That's what fishing is about.

While that could be a nice touch, less fish would be caught because attention on the bobber would be low. Just ask what fish they caught if they caught anything interesting.
Many strangers with open chat often don't talk when addressed, a result of having been annoyed too often in the past. Other strangers might be little kids or won't know what they're talking about, and will tell you the wrong thing, which is even worse in some ways. Furthermore, strangers with menu chat can't talk about fish at all that I am aware. It would be easier just to unlock the view so people can watch. It would be an easy fix, cheap and effective, and the timing is right since fishing fixes are a high priority right now.