Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns, Crafting, Bosses, Oh My!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
Many players have been there, or will eventually will reach this point in the game. "Where can i get the best gear possible for my wizard?" Well, by max level, the answer can be a lot of different things. Crafting gets you good gear, bosses drop really good gear, and depending here you spend your money, crowns can get you good gear. However, is it possible to get a really good full set of gear without paying real money for it? Sadly, no. Even if you farm/craft the best combination of robes and farm for months getting your ring, amulet, athame, and deck, you are still missing one vital piece of armor: a wand. Ironically, in a game where you play as a wizard, you can't farm or craft a wand with good balanced stats that matches the needs of an exalted wizard. So then what are your options? Spend 10 k crowns trying to get a pack wand and not get it, (i did that and got the surf board mount ) settle for below average stats with a wand with a mere 30 or so critical and only 80 or so block, or try to break even for less crowns and settle for a wand half way in between? I am only one person, so my opinion can't speak for all, but i wish there was a way to get a nice and balanced wand without having to pay extra (and might i add, this may be another reason why glass cannons are so common in pvp, since not everyone can get a good wand other than the hades staff).

What's your opinion? I would really like to see what everyone has to say.
(sorry about the wall of text, but sometimes it pays to read word for word )

Jason StormCaster

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
You can always farm for the Hades' Staff.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
You can always farm for the Hades' Staff.
As I mentioned above, I was wondering why there wasn't a balanced wand we could farm for. Granted, the Hades staff is decent if you are trying to be a glass cannon, but is it really fair to make people to pay in order to be anything but a glass cannon? Again, I can't speak for everyone, but that's just what I think.

If I took this post too literal, I apologize, but I was reaffirming my point as well.

Jason StormCaster