Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why did robes become so hard to get in packs?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
ever since January, i can't seem to get a robe in a pack. it was fine in december but now, they are much more rare than permanent mounts. i tried to get a turquoise robe in the skyvern pack for months. i got 6 skyvern mounts before i got the robe. now i am trying to get the greenwarden's energetic robe and i havent been able to. i have gotten a few fairy wing permanent mounts and 2 wyvern mounts and still havent gotten the robe (i did get 1 peaceful robe). did you all change the drop rate on them? i have spent a ton of money trying to get these two robes since january and i am not happy about it. it never used to be this hard.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Caitlyn Darkshard on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
ever since January, i can't seem to get a robe in a pack. it was fine in december but now, they are much more rare than permanent mounts. i tried to get a turquoise robe in the skyvern pack for months. i got 6 skyvern mounts before i got the robe. now i am trying to get the greenwarden's energetic robe and i havent been able to. i have gotten a few fairy wing permanent mounts and 2 wyvern mounts and still havent gotten the robe (i did get 1 peaceful robe). did you all change the drop rate on them? i have spent a ton of money trying to get these two robes since january and i am not happy about it. it never used to be this hard.
Same here~ KI has lowered the drop rates on all the good stuff, but robes are the hardest to get, by far.

I was looking for a specific robe; in the process, I got about 100 pairs of boots, 50+ pets, and 10 permanent mounts, but no robe.

I wish the items were available for individual sale, but it will never happen (because you'll have less people blindly wasting their crowns).

-von

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
For me wands are the hardest to get. I've gotten several robes from some of the packs trying to get the mounts or a wand (the Lunar Scepter of Anubis to be more specific). And I agree with Dr. Von that it should be sold by themselves though as she said, it'll highly never happen since people are blindly spending crowns for something that they might never get.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Just depends on your luck in the end, just like fishing :) Good luck i hope you get that robe soon.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
not really about luck. most robes are utlra rare and most of the big mounts are epic. i am getting more epic mounts than robes.

but, just today, i needed one more piece of the energetic gear in the wyvern pack. i just need one more point on my life wizard to be able to replant my garden completely. i just got to level 50 today, so i figured i could at least get the shoes or the hat (i needed 2 points but got to level 50 and got a point). 30k crowns later.... nothing. now its seems they took out the energetic gear completely. in the 30k i got 6 or more pieces of the brilliant and peaceful hat and shoes (no robe there either), 5 different wands. 7 permanent fairy wings and way too many gardening cards. that was 30k i wanted to spend on yuletide packs but now cant cause i didnt even get the energetic shoes or hat.

so i gave up and spent my last 10k on the yuletide pack. i got tons of hats and shoes from nearly all 9 sets that are in the pack. several wands. a winter treant mount. and almost a dozen permanent candy canes... no robes.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's just luck. I got 4 Jade robes before getting finally getting the hat. I almost never get wands and have never gotten any Epic mounts. Random is random.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The decent drops in the packs went way way down. Before October 2013, packs were doing pretty good. When the Nightmare pack came out in October 2013, you couldn't get anything good, except cheesy low-level items that sold for almost no gold. It was a huge disappointment.

I've bought a few packs here and there just to see what happens, and again, the drops remain horrible compared to what it was a year ago. Whether it's luck or not, the drop rate has been adjusted to a lower level for the nicer items.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
i noticed it in december with the yuletide pack. i didnt buy any nightmare packs because the year before i got everything i wanted. the gear looks cool but doesnt give good stats, so i just stitched it when i wanted that look (looks good on my death girl).

and seethe42, not saying that didnt happen but its hard to believe you got 4 jade robes before you got the hat. as to epic mounts, i have 5 wyverns (2 fire, missing the onyx one i think its called) and only 1 energetic robe total.

i have 9 total skyvern mounts. in the last few months trying to get the level 100 turquoise robe, i got 6 of those skyverns before i finally got the robe. i spent over a $100 dollars trying to get the robe (dumb on my part)

recently, when the ravens pack was on sale... i got both the raven and the blood raven... both epic rarity. i got 1 armor of many winters and no everwinter plate or raven king's battle story armor

i have 3 winter treants from december when the yuletide pack was out and TONS of candy canes (which are the same rarity as the robes) and 2 of the new winter robes but none of the fusilier

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
wow, i guess most players do not really care that they cannot get a robe in a pack. oh well. guess i will save my money for other things, since what i want in packs are impossible to get.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Caitlyn Darkshard on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
wow, i guess most players do not really care that they cannot get a robe in a pack. oh well. guess i will save my money for other things, since what i want in packs are impossible to get.
I haven't gone pack-diving in a long time, but clothing-wise, robes are my least common drop as well. Many, many tasty hats and boots for my pet. Almost no permanent mounts, and for wands I have had good days and bad.

Practically speaking, random isn't always random. There are numerous non-trivial differences between true random number generators and pseudo-random number generators, which can govern the outcomes we see in packs. I'd be interested to see what method KI uses.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
i have the same problem. i am trying to get glorious chlveric (don't know how to spell it) robe. i have spent at least 100$ on knight's lore but i got lucky enough to get a knight king's plate.