Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-18-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! We've made it through another week, and now it's time for another Feedback Friday. Woohoo!

On Wednesday, we brought magical fishing to The Spiral. This week, I'd like to ask - have you caught a fish yet? If you have - what's the coolest fish you've caught?

I've found my way to a few ponds this week, and my favorite fish has been a Treant Fish (small fry). How about you?

I hope you have a fantastic Friday, and enjoy your weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
If I had to choose...... probably the boss fish. He doesn't look like a fish, he's like a piggy :)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
The Samurai Fish is my best
2nd best is the Ninja Fish.

I just started collecting so these are my best for now

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
First off I would like to say I love the fishing. I really didn't think I would. I now tell people my life wizard is retired and spending her days fishing.

I would have to say the coolest fish I have caught was a grape jellyfish from the Tree of Life. I also caught an archer fish in Ravenwood.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
my favorite fish is Ninja Fish, Samurai Fish, and Chest (pun attended) however I dislike how I need a whole bunch of treantfish to make a tank and I dont have Crowns it would better if their was a Crowns option or take fish off the crafting. Until then I can't display my fish! (btw chests barely ever drop tanks and when they do its a tank i dont even need!)

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
I love my Doodle Fish and My Doddle Fishette! I can't wait to craft their new homes!

I think you guys have done an amazing job with the fishing! And I love the names and discovering new fish. (some of them are a real hoot, the Sturgeon General or the Boss Hog are some of my favorites right now)

My only feedback/complaint: (and it is really minor):

I would like to see a few more feminine looking fish or "pretty fish." Most of the known fish tend to look like they are masculine characters. I'd like to see some more girly looking ones too please. I can imagine: Angel Fish, Rainbow Trout, or Pisces (like a celestial constellation type fish). Just off the top of my head.

Looking forward to more updates and new discoveries!

~Calamity PixieShade, level 100

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
hmm would have to be the samurai fish or would it be the ninja absolutely loving the fishing but maybe sell standard tanks as an alone thing as I am sure everyone is finding that most fish they are catching need the regular keeper tanks what are peoples thoughts on that it would be great to get some for gold as I am sure everyone would agree

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Fishing is fun, I caught alot of fish. I got myself some aquariums. LOL now if someone can tell me how to get them in. Anyone, thanks

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
My favorite fish so far is the Dragon eel -Natalie Angel Heart lvl 68

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
i've never caught a fish before but if i did i think the icecuda would be really cool. {i think fishing is HARD}

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i really don't care for fishing, since it's a time/energy leech and staring at the screen hurts my eyes. but i did catch a cuddlefish once... those things are terrifying, lol.

-von

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I love the fishing! This is the most fun I have had in the spiral for such a long time!

I haven't caught any really rare fish yet -- but I have enjoyed both the activity and the humor in the fish descriptions. Troll fish, garfish, sharkespeare, fish sandwich -- most everything except for the school-a-cudas of various forms have been fun to get.

but just like fishing in real life, this is a fun, relaxing activity. Wish it did not eat up so much energy, so I could do it longer!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I haven't caught anything too exotic yet, but I hope to. Fishing is a fun update and a brilliant bit of programming. Very well done!

My goal is to collect at least one of every fish, and display the most unusual ones. Some of them are very funny (and pun-y) that's for sure :D

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
I have to admit, I was, like, "Uh huh, fishing, riiiight." But I am (pardon the pun) totally HOOKED. I love it!! None of my characters have caught any really unusual fish yet, but it's so much fun, who cares?

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I haven't caught a lot of different types of fish yet, but I'll have to say either the Mechanical Armorhead or the Bone Fish.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 42 Pyromancer World: MooShu and Grizzleheim Area: Crimson Fields and Mirkholm Keep "Fire with Storm is simple. Fizzle, fizzle, BOOM!"

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
I would say my favorite fish was the sumo koi because it was big and fat lol

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Fishing is fun & funny. Thanks for adding it! So far the Bear Acuda and Grape Jelly fish are the best I've caught.