Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School mounts!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
Hello people! I have a really cool idea for wizard101! When I make a new wizard, I always pick out mounts that are unique to the school of magic the wizard is. So, wouldn't it be cool if at some point, your teacher gave you a mount that is unique to the school they teach? Here is my ideas.

: Centaur legs ( They would be like a centaur )
: Triton tail
: Phoenix wings
: A snow angel ( They would ride the pegasus the Snow Angel does )
: An avenging fossil
: Orthurus
: Chimara

I know there are some mounts in the crown shop that are unique for some schools, so if you want KI, you could put these in the crown shop. Thanks for reading!

Scarlet Emeraldeyes, level 38

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
nightmaremoon296 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
Hello people! I have a really cool idea for wizard101! When I make a new wizard, I always pick out mounts that are unique to the school of magic the wizard is. So, wouldn't it be cool if at some point, your teacher gave you a mount that is unique to the school they teach? Here is my ideas.

I know there are some mounts in the crown shop that are unique for some schools, so if you want KI, you could put these in the crown shop. Thanks for reading!

I agree with you!
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
So I'm working on getting my myth wizard to become a higher level in crafting when I came up with the idea of craftable mounts! I feel like this would be really fun, and many people I asked in the game really love the idea.
I also came up with maybe class only mounts, as I mean like a myth only mount which could be like a cyclops or a minotaur. I feel like that will also be a really fun and awesome idea to do that.
If they do like this idea and choose to go forward with it maybe have the class mounts gold or also craftable maybe??

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
I agree!

As to craftable mounts... I'd say they'd have to be mechanical if you crafted them... otherwise your basically creating a frankenstein. Or Dr. Von's Monster. :P

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
For a while now, I've been thinking about the idea of school mounts. I'm sure every school has one spell, that they'd love to see become a mount. Now, how would this work? Well, I was thinking that this could come out next time there are new school pets, rather than have the pets themselves. A lot of players get their school pets, such as the newest level 98 School Only pets (Avenging Fossil , Medusa , Dryad , Sabertooth , Leviathan , Lord of Winter , and Sun Serpent ). The fact of the matter is, that many wizards don't really use these pets, they use pets that they've hatched and perfected, to optimize their players. Now, looking at the fact that sometimes these pets go unused, it would be great to have a lapse of pets, and bring in an awesome new concept, school specific mounts! Imagine how great it would be. I've given it some thought as to which school would get what, but of course, it's better for more people to like the idea and think about it, and decide really what they'd like to ride.

Personally, as a Necromancer (mainly) I'd love to ride around on either an Avenging Fossil mount, or on a mount resembling Dr. Von Katzenstein's Monster (Frankie - rank 9 death spell, level 68). The Avenging Fossil riding action would look like you were on its back, and Frankie would be like the animation when one rides a Treant.

For Myth, I was thinking possibly an Orthrus mount, where you would ride on the right head, and have a possible option for it to be a 2 person mount.

For the Life school, it would be cool for them to ride on a Centaur's back.

The Balance school could ride on their Chimera, and it could be made into a possible 3 person mount - much like the Elemental version of the Hydra (which is basically the spell Chimera).

For Storm, I would give them a Storm Owl mount.

For the Ice school, it would look fantastic if they had a Snow Angel mount to ride around on.

Lastly the Fire School. For the Fire School, I was thinking of maybe having them fly around on a Sun Serpent, or possibly going old school, and giving them a steaming Fire Cat mount.

Please leave any responses and comments you may have, thanks for reading.

Ronan Darkshade - Exalted Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 04, 2013
Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
Great ideas! I think once you get to go to a new world ( krokatopia etc.) your professor should give you a quest only for your class. It should be pretty challenging because the reward would be a class mount ( the ones in the discussion). That would be awesome! Oh yeah and the quests should be super hard because the mount should be permanent.

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer

Survivor
May 25, 2010
We really want school mounts
and I really have some ideas for them

[All 2 seaters mount]

Storm: Levy. [works like the whale mount]
Ice: Mammoth. [works like the rhino mount from sun palace bundle]
Fire: Sun serpent. [works like levy mount]
Balance: RA. [he holds both the students in his hand]
Life: Forest Lord. [works like RA]
Death: Frankenstein monster. [works like RA and forest lord] (since skeleton dragon is already in the market)
Myth: Orthrus. [both students sit on each head]

I am not sure about myth, it can be minotaur or cyclops or talos who carries like RA.

Write your ideas down below...

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
nightmaremoon296 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:

I think this is a good idea even though I don't agree with the types of mounts I do agree with that their should most deffently be a school mount for everybody. Maybe you get it at a reasonable crown price or as a reward from your teacher or maybe like if you use like alot of gold like maybe over 300,000 gold coins. I also think instead of just one/1 school mount we should be able to get multiple mounts over time from out teachers based on achievements in the game or something like that or a certain lvl we have reached or something.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
I can see some of the mounts being real but, the Centaur Legs and Triton tail seem a little absurd, maybe something they can ride. Other then that, i find this idea great!