Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fish Sandwich Flaws?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
i had the same problem but i found fishing for the small fish you see i got heaps

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
kjberger on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
You aren't catching the fish sandwich because it is a life fish, use life lure and try in the streams past bridges away from the main pond
fish sandwich are a myth not life

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
try going for the small size fish aswell not the big ones

Survivor
Jun 06, 2014
When you use the reveal school on the fish, isn't red for myth? I'm colorblind, so it's hard to tell the difference in colors to know which school.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2014
oh!! Myth is blue! Oh my gosh I'm so embarrased!

Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
Don't worry, Fish Sandwich is more rare than it seems, It took me months to get Fish Sandwich, So don't worry, It's hard for a lot of Wizards to catch it, It's not just with you.

- Michelle Frostblossom level 43 wizard (somewhat and )

Survivor
Dec 03, 2012
Same problem! I can't get a Fish Sandwich for anything, I keep losing a ton of energy trying to even find a mythical fish. And even if I do find one, its probably not going to be a Fish Sandwich.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2014
Well the thing is it is one of the rarest fish in wizard city
My way is to get reveal fish schools then look for small myth fish try your luck and keep trying you will get there Andrew MythhunterLV63

Survivor
Dec 03, 2012
Finally got one!! Try targeting small fish. I have no clue how I got it all I know is it was a small fish in Cyclops lane, specifically the river nearest to the entrance. I hope this helps because I know I needed it.

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
You aren't catching the fish sandwich because it is a life fish, use life lure and try in the streams past bridges away from the main pond
it is definitely a myth fish

Survivor
Apr 09, 2015
I just caught a fish sandwich in Cyclops Lane with a Storm Lure.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
roselette889 on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
When you use the reveal school on the fish, isn't red for myth? I'm colorblind, so it's hard to tell the difference in colors to know which school.
Red is . Orange is . Yellow is . I know, it is confusing.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
yeah, got mine in the streams a while back, but i was having trouble too, took me 3 days

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I don't understand why KI makes this such a difficult fish to catch...it's part of the quest chain that introduces players to fishing. In that context, the low success rate discourages players from fishing altogether.

I have spent HOURS trying to catch the Fish Sandwich since Fishing went live...with plenty of Fishing Luck elixirs, too. Tonight I caught at least twenty fish during the hour I had my elixir (maybe more, I lost count) but not the Fish Sandwich.

That's right, more than a year after Fishing went live I still haven't finished that low-level quest. I was so looking forward to having it in the game, but frankly it's a big disappointment.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2014
It looks like KingsIsle has fixed the problem with the Fish Sandwich. There are now many more Myth fish in the streams of Cyclops Lane. After taking a month's break from trying to complete this quest, I came back and was able to catch it on the 3rd go.

My friend even said she was finally able to catch one. So, it looks like they've increased their likelihood to appear.

Delver
May 12, 2012
Yeah, it is hard to catch. If you have heard of it, Duelist101 said some time ago (6 months or more) that the fish sandwich flaws were fixed. Um, no, it isn't. I've only caught it on my side-fishing character, not my character that does fishing all the time. It is not just you, trust me
I really want this fish to put in an aquarium in my castle's kitchen
Another story: Once I was trying so hard to catch it and I winnowed all except myth fish, and there was ONE fish left in the pond (it was just a cuddlefish). It is crazy lol

Good luck. Tell me when the flaws are over
~ Allison Dragongem 80

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
When I first went for the fish sandwich I didn't see any myth in the pond although later I realized that I just a didn't know what the myth glow/hint thing was. It looks kinda like life but instead of leaves around it, there's these yellow sparkles. They're a bit hard to recognize but once I knew which one was myth, I fought it on my first try. I think it's the only myth fish in the pond but il not sure there might be mythacudas.

-Sierra Pearl
Legendary sorcerer

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
No fish sandwich is myth. I caught it with myth and I'm my fish basket it says myth and you could probably look it up and it would say myth

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
I've had the same problem. I've been fishing in all areas in cyclops lane with the life lure but I have found NOTHING!!!!! It's very irritating to me right now.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
I read through this anticipating to be angered, but I got the catfish on my first try, using no elixirs.

I think the trick is as someone stated, to reveal the fish, find the myth, look for small and just go to another realm. I switched to another realm after I found no myth fish at all, then the only one was a tiny lil guy, and i reeled it in, and honestly my jaw was dropped at how easy it was, since I was looking to be disappointed! Good luck wizards

- Scot

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
Survivor
Aug 31, 2015
No. There aren't any flaws. It's just one of the harder fish to catch. I got it on the first day. Try fishing in the streams, not the main lake.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
The fish's information said that the rarity of the fish is common. I have been known to catch a couple towards the back side of cyclops lane lake.
Valerian Emerald ~

Hero
May 07, 2015