Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Point reset is to much crowns!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2014
I am level 83 last time i checked the train points costs at least 7k crowns . i think they should really lower it for the higher levels cause i messed up my secondary class and i really want to buy my points back :(

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Eljiah Sparkle on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
I am level 83 last time i checked the train points costs at least 7k crowns . i think they should really lower it for the higher levels cause i messed up my secondary class and i really want to buy my points back :(
I think it's safe to say a lot of us misunderstood the out of school training point spending and for me by level 35-40, when I could start building yellow pips into gear, I felt a little betrayed about the thoughts I had of those spells. Since I was Life I trained Balance for Sandstorm. Granted at early levels I did use the spell often but I needed death to feint more.

That said, unless you spent every spare point you earned unwisely you still have a chance to recoup. Since I learned in Mooshu, I was able to take all the training points quests and have enough for the spells I should of been spending them on. All said and done I have managed to save some points for future use if needed and was able to get Feint, all the "fists" from Sun, the tri blade/trap from Niles, Potent Trap, Sharpened Blade etc.

Mary

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
On my balance wizard, I had no idea what I was doing and had 2 secondary schools; I ended up having to spend 12,500 crowns to buy her points back at level 80, and it was an expensive mistake that I will not be repeating.

You have 2 choices here: do a bunch of side quests (to earn the extra training points) or suck it up and buy your points back. Neither is particularly fun, but at least you (and the rest of us) have learned your lesson.

-von

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I noticed something weird: it used to be zero crowns to buy back your training points. But as soon as I purchased my first set of crowns, the price magically upped hundreds of crowns.
Wonder what happened there...

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I noticed something weird: it used to be zero crowns to buy back your training points. But as soon as I purchased my first set of crowns, the price magically upped hundreds of crowns.
You can buy back up to 3 TP for free.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
It was 0 when you had no training points to buy back. The more training points you have used, the higher the price to buy them back.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2014
lol i am not going to suck it up and forget about it and i do not wanna buy them back i can never ever afford that

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Eljiah Sparkle on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
lol i am not going to suck it up and forget about it and i do not wanna buy them back i can never ever afford that
Make a new char if you can't reset or can't deal with it.. i would never spend to reset my stats cause i was smart and saved all my points till i needed them, i still have 19 points at lvl87. Secondary school is good but you dont really need it... only astral schools i would recommend :) all others get a TC for it.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Agree with Scrillas-make a new character. I've bought back training points once, because I really messed up. I was too focused on a second school, when I truly didn't need anything other than Sprite. I don't PvP, so I didn't need weakness, and my main is Ice with crazy high health.

Get a healing pet, some resist gear, and sell extra fish (I am not obsessed with fishing) to buy TC. But if you don't want to buy your training points back, definitely make a new character.

Erin Ice Weaver, stalking Boss Hog.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Eljiah Sparkle on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Posts like this make me really wish KI would stop gouging loyal customers on training point buyback. That's too steep for a lot of players to afford--but if you treat the customers right, they will make it worth it in the long run.

I know KI doesn't want active players sitting around with un-spent crowns (because then they won't buy more!), but they should really just break the buyback system down and allow you to select the spells you want to unlearn. This is completely doable, completely feasible, completely possible. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet.