Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Sunstone so rare?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Why does Sunstone so rare? 3500 Gold for 1 Sunstone make it one of the most expensive Reagents at the Bazaar. I remember for a time there were HUNDREDS at the Bazaar. I heard rumors of some fool who said Sunstone was way to common and that they should make it way hard to find. You know what? It's these comments that people say that ruin it for the rest. I heard the person who said this quit the game a month later. Idk if that's true but to me, that's just messed up. I'm not trying to be rude here but I think Sunstone should be a bit more common, just so I can see Stone Blocks not have a mad rush as violent as my state capital's Walmart on Black Friday.

Marcus crafter, typin' up a at lvl 74

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sunstone isn't that hard to get, and your rumor is just that a rumor. There's nothing to it. It's somewhat rare so people don't sell it. You can transmute it from Sandstone. Rare reagents are not going to be made common just because you don't feel like looking for them.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
wanted468 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Why does Sunstone so rare? 3500 Gold for 1 Sunstone make it one of the most expensive Reagents at the Bazaar. I remember for a time there were HUNDREDS at the Bazaar. I heard rumors of some fool who said Sunstone was way to common and that they should make it way hard to find. You know what? It's these comments that people say that ruin it for the rest. I heard the person who said this quit the game a month later. Idk if that's true but to me, that's just messed up. I'm not trying to be rude here but I think Sunstone should be a bit more common, just so I can see Stone Blocks not have a mad rush as violent as my state capital's Walmart on Black Friday.

Marcus crafter, typin' up a at lvl 74
I agree that Sunstone should be more common. When I was farming in Zafaria for them I picked up over 50 sandstones and not one of them I ever got a Sunstone.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi.

I recommend you to feed your pet with stuff you don't need. In about few months i got like 200 of them.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
The following plants when gardened, at some point will drop sunstone as well. But then again too many are not inclined to garden either.

Deadly Helephant Ears
Evil Magma Peas
Fickle Pickle
King Parsley
Maelstrom Snap Dragon

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
I usually buy Sandstone and transmute it to Sunstone but it helps to refresh the page in the Bazaar for Sandstone and Sunstone. There was one time where I was really lucky and was able to buy over 200 Sandstone but I'm sure that was just luck on my part.

Alyssa LifeHeart 99

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
seethe42 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Sunstone isn't that hard to get, and your rumor is just that a rumor. There's nothing to it. It's somewhat rare so people don't sell it. You can transmute it from Sandstone. Rare reagents are not going to be made common just because you don't feel like looking for them.
Actually, I found the post last week, it said:

Why does sunstone need to be so common? For something that's a rare reagent it's not rare at all. They should make them much more rare. (The guys last post came out a month later on the small fansite was on saying he was leaving because he got out of college and wanted to begin life)

Yes I transmute Sandstone to Sunstone, I'm not stupid. I look for them as well, I farm reagents, I've stone block farmed and Sandstone farmed Stone Town and Ore farmed and Parchment farmed and even farmed spiders in Savastaard Pass for Spider Webs, yes, you read it it was for a recipe. One if the few things that goes over my line in Wizard101 are insulting my Retired Frostzilla and calling me a lazy player.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74 And thanks to my friend for helping me find that old post.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I agree with you they should be a little more common and cheaper. I am on a crafting quest right now which requires me to use Sunstone and it's making me bankrupt trying to get more!

Ethan LegendWalker Lvl 64