Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp gear should require a level

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
in pvp when i was in my seventy levels as a fire wizard, i once lost to i think a level twelve balance because he had i am pretty sure warlord pvp gear on. i think that it is a recipe for disaster that you can get made funof because a low level was using a high level to make their way through pvp all the way to warlord before they are even level fifteen. who has experienced this before?

blaze deathward level 100

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Your idea/suggestion (which is listed in the thread title) isn't impossible, but you need to say what level it should require.

For example, maybe Commander Gear could unlock stats as your character levels up, similar to the way pets learn abilities as you train them. Here's how that might look, off the top of my head:
Level 1-10 Commander Gear has basic stats
Level 11-20 gets a slightly better stats
Level 21-30 gets some critical block added
Level 31-40 gets even more critical block

On a separate note, I think your loss is probably due to gameplay and strategy, not just the gear this player was wearing. A level 12 usually falls easy to a Level 70+.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Lucas Rain on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Your idea/suggestion (which is listed in the thread title) isn't impossible, but you need to say what level it should require.

For example, maybe Commander Gear could unlock stats as your character levels up, similar to the way pets learn abilities as you train them. Here's how that might look, off the top of my head:
Level 1-10 Commander Gear has basic stats
Level 11-20 gets a slightly better stats
Level 21-30 gets some critical block added
Level 31-40 gets even more critical block

On a separate note, I think your loss is probably due to gameplay and strategy, not just the gear this player was wearing. A level 12 usually falls easy to a Level 70+.
agreed and great ideas Lucas

Making fun of someone with less experience is bulling.
If they have just won why do they have to make fun of the person they just best?

Taking advantage of someone when they are down is the action of a loser, so Blaze even though you lost that match then was made fun of you actually are the winner, because you have the courage to share your experience and offer an idea about how to make it more balanced, that is the actions of a real winner never give up you will get there.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
No. Just no.
For starters, the tournament gear and the Glemdemming's gear is already level-limited. So there.
Second, low-level warlords rely on this gear. If I'm a level 12 somehow ending up fighting a level 70, commander gear is going to be my ace in the hole against someone with far more health, damage, power pip, spells, etc.