Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary School for Ice and Life?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Does any one have a good suggestion for a secondary school for Ice and Life?

Explorer
May 08, 2014
DragonEnthusiast on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Does any one have a good suggestion for a secondary school for Ice and Life?
Death since you can get feint to increase your damage even more.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
Yeah I'm curious about this as well, at least for Ice as it is my Primary. Right now I am level 12 and I have Storm to Thermic Shield and Death to Dark Sprite.

My question is should I stick to those secondary schools or should I respec into something else while I can do so for free? Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Yorec on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Yeah I'm curious about this as well, at least for Ice as it is my Primary. Right now I am level 12 and I have Storm to Thermic Shield and Death to Dark Sprite.

My question is should I stick to those secondary schools or should I respec into something else while I can do so for free? Any help on the matter would be appreciated.
I think death to feint is a good idea but storm as a secondary is not really effective without a mastery amulet. I would say train life to satyr instead of storm.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
glowstorm13 on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
I think death to feint is a good idea but storm as a secondary is not really effective without a mastery amulet. I would say train life to satyr instead of storm.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary
Yeah I was thinking about Life since I solo a fair amount and the ability to self heal is pretty useful. Especially since Death also has some offensive spells that can heal a bit as well. Okay, I'll switch Storm to Life then. Thanks for the help!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Storm is a mistake as you cannot boost their accuracy and will fizzle too much.
Stick with Death and do Life to Sprite afterwards.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009

I have a level 100 ice wizard. I trained death to feint and life to sprite. I believe training to satyr is a bit of a waste. Satyr takes 4 pips. By the time you get those four pips you can attack with a blizzard or wyvern. With ice you have the health needed to go through a battle with minimal healing. (I would suggest a pet with at least one healing talent).

When you get to krok, you will want the elemental blades and elemental traps provided by Niles. At higher levels use your training points for the star and sun school spells.

This is how I used my training points.
Death to feint
Life to sprite
Star school: amplify, vengeance, fortify, berserk, sleet storm
Sun school: all boost up to colossal, sharpened blade, potent trap
Shadow: shadow sentinel was free. Trained in shrike.

With this sort of set up my little ice girl is a force to be reckoned with.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
That you all for the recommendations! I will definitely be respecing into Death and Life when I get back in game.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Okay I don't know about ice, because that school is weak. All I know is that you don't want life as your second school. It doesn't really matter since you shouldn't have to heal yourself that often. I would choose fire probably maybe storm, could do with myth and death.
For life, death is the best way to go but you could also do with storm or fire for extra damage.
Hope this helped.