Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion related to character creation

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2012
So for a long time (since 2009, to be exact) I have wanted to be other species from around the spiral, and that's what this portion of the suggestion is geared towards.
I think it's kind of ridiculous that we can't be other species, and I also think it's kind of prejudice if you put it into context of the story. (i.e, Ravenwood only allows human students) So I'm suggesting a few starters. We could have Avalon Foxes, Mooshu Sheep, Pigswick Pigs, and also... *drum roll*... Cats! Like the house tour lady and her sister! I feel like this would add a lot of variation to the game, and it would also make Ravenwood seem less prejudice: Which leads into my next suggestion. A Character Customization Potion! It could be priced for 2,500-5,000 crowns and when consumed it would take you back to the Character Creation screen and you would be able to change your hair, face, skin color, and (possibly) name. I know that this would be great for so many players who made characters when they were younger, got them to max level, and then decided they didn't like how they looked. I feel this would also make things feel a lot more fluid, instead of "You choose this and stick with it forever." So that concludes my suggestion. Please take this into consideration, KingsIsle.

Sincerest thanks,
Jordan Dawn

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Yeah every other mmo I have placed has had multiple races you can play as and to be honest being a human is boring when it comes to videogames.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Amnerys on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
So for a long time (since 2009, to be exact) I have wanted to be other species from around the spiral, and that's what this portion of the suggestion is geared towards.
I think it's kind of ridiculous that we can't be other species, and I also think it's kind of prejudice if you put it into context of the story. (i.e, Ravenwood only allows human students) So I'm suggesting a few starters. We could have Avalon Foxes, Mooshu Sheep, Pigswick Pigs, and also... *drum roll*... Cats! Like the house tour lady and her sister! I feel like this would add a lot of variation to the game, and it would also make Ravenwood seem less prejudice: Which leads into my next suggestion. A Character Customization Potion! It could be priced for 2,500-5,000 crowns and when consumed it would take you back to the Character Creation screen and you would be able to change your hair, face, skin color, and (possibly) name. I know that this would be great for so many players who made characters when they were younger, got them to max level, and then decided they didn't like how they looked. I feel this would also make things feel a lot more fluid, instead of "You choose this and stick with it forever." So that concludes my suggestion. Please take this into consideration, KingsIsle.

Sincerest thanks,
Jordan Dawn
This is geared toward children. It is much easier to identify with the 'creature type'' you are in real life.
You can already transform into other creatures in the game through spells. This seems like just a waste of crowns, which quite frankly, people are tired of spending.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
RavenLady777 on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
This is geared toward children. It is much easier to identify with the 'creature type'' you are in real life.
You can already transform into other creatures in the game through spells. This seems like just a waste of crowns, which quite frankly, people are tired of spending.
Psst... you can get transformations for gold.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Robobot1747 on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Psst... you can get transformations for gold.
Currently, yes. I was referring to the suggestion of the OP.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
I like this idea, fyi for the people who responded before and mentioned the in-game potions. the post isn't referring to those kind of transformations, it's more so related to being a different race and adding variety in this mmo. P.S people have been trying to convince Kingisle to input a name change system since the release of this game, excellent point about how people such as myself made a character when I was much younger, and now... I believe 6 years after the release, of course i'd have a different style. thank you for taking the time to read the entire post.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2013

Sincerest thanks,
Jordan Dawn
Honestly I love the idea. Maybe each world could have it's own Ravenwood. With you know different styles. If i could be another creature race i would either be an elephant from ZF, Badger from AV, Or a pelican from pirate 101.

Julia EarthRunner
Lvl 79
Avalon

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
This is more of an idea that would have only been fit if it was in the game from the beginning.
Kingsisle already solved this with transformations, which are very cheap in gold.
I personally would not want to be stuck as a monster the entire game, and it would not make sense storywise.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
RavenLady777 on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
Insteadddddddddd of using crowns for transformations why not use good instead gold is better than crowns already eh?

From,
Cupcake112234

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
The real trouble is gear. Right now, there are two versions of every piece of gear in the game, one for human girls and one for human boys. If several new species of wizard are added, every piece of visible gear in the game will have to be reworked to fit the new character types. I don't know how many different pieces there currently are, but suspect its well into the thousands. Introducing new species of wizards into the game would be way cool, and I personally would immediately create new wizards and start questing with them if they became available. But you're talking an enormous investment in art resources to make all the gear compatible.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Tarlac BattleStrider--Level 74 Balance
Tara StormCaller-----Level 66 Storm
Angus OgreBreath--

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
So some people say that this would make no sense as far as the story goes but like really it would. I mean say you wanted to be a draconian, it could be like you reveled against malistare and fled to wizard city. You just gotta weave it into the story. But really this is a great idea. It's like in Skyrim I am always kajit (the cats) because idk they look cooler than humans. And wizard101 has some really good opportunities for stuff like this. I think this is a great idea.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013

Sincerest thanks,
Jordan Dawn
You can get transformations to transform into a creature.........

Survivor
May 11, 2012
Just to clear this up, in case it wasn't clear in the suggestion.. I'm not wanting to just be a creature, I want to customize my own mooshu sheep, dress it up with gear, and dye it's clothes and stuff. I don't want to be a draconian that looks just like all the other draconians for 1 hour. I want to BE the species.

I hope that clears it up.

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Transformations don't last long, but i bet if you could learn different abilites from being a different creature. There should be a place in ravenwood where different creatures than humans could learn an ability, buy dyes, clothing, gear, and other stuff that creatures can only get that a normal human in Wizard101 can't do!

Defender
Feb 27, 2009

Sincerest thanks,
Jordan Dawn
you do know it says you joined May 11th, 2012 right? and you said for a long time, a.k.a 2009, and you joined 2012, something is not right here.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
wanted468 on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
you do know it says you joined May 11th, 2012 right? and you said for a long time, a.k.a 2009, and you joined 2012, something is not right here.

Okay this is funny lol.
Having different creatures is a terrible idea that is kind of scary to the little ones and really creepy no offense.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Cupcake112234 on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Insteadddddddddd of using crowns for transformations why not use good instead gold is better than crowns already eh?

From,
Cupcake112234
In the Crowns shop if you press the gold button, you can actually get a lot of stuff for gold, like transformation, mounts, some holiday pets, furniture, top of the line housing, and more. Just click the gold button near the buy button.
Hope this helped.

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Haley moonshard on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
So some people say that this would make no sense as far as the story goes but like really it would. I mean say you wanted to be a draconian, it could be like you reveled against malistare and fled to wizard city. You just gotta weave it into the story. But really this is a great idea. It's like in Skyrim I am always kajit (the cats) because idk they look cooler than humans. And wizard101 has some really good opportunities for stuff like this. I think this is a great idea.
That's what i was thinking about different characters in Wizard101 too!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2013
excuse me i would like to be a pink fluffy kitty permanently because cats are totally awesome and yes currently the game is a little racist as in only human student can attend ravenwood school of magic.

(=^.^=) Mew!

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Um...just use 500 gold to buy a transformation if you're THAT crazy about this idea.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
Um...just use 500 gold to buy a transformation if you're THAT crazy about this idea.
Ikr bro, ikr.