Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

buying a house actually in a world

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
i think it would be a really nice thing if we could go onto a street on any world, find a house with a door that we like and go in and have the option to buy it. maybe have the option to turn it off and on so we dont keep accidentally going in and out of houses.

like say, we would really like to have a house actually on Firecat Lane or in Caer Lyon or somewhere else... we find one we like and go in the door. check it out and then buy it right there from the housing lady if we like it. then to get there, we can equip it so we can port or go to that area and walk in the door, like we do the dorms.

we couldnt buy a house with a sigil or one that already has an instance in it like Anna Flamewright in Firecat lane. it wouldnt have to be big, maybe two small stories and a small backyard. maybe 50-100 items inside and outside (still with the option to buy 50 more).

each area wouldnt have more than maybe 3 different floor plans. but there would be housing in each area. even the dark cave and haunted cave. you could just start with the Wizard City world and see how popular it is and then expand it to other worlds. Krokatopia might be a little hard but that could be modified a bit. like "secret doors" in the pyramid in those alcoves or something that lead to little housing places. (or course the backyard would still be "inside".

it could have a whole seperate housing limit attached to it seperate from other houses. you could have an additional 3 houses like this but with no way to increase your number. or however you would wish to do it.

since it would be like the dorms, each house could have multiple owners. you could leave the house "unlocked" meaning that if you were the last owner to enter the house, your house would be open to visit by anyone who comes along to see it until you either lock it or another owner goes to their house.

i thought this would be a great idea since i have always wanted to do this and know a lot of other players would like to as well :)

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
I am in favor of the possibility to having a home on Triton Avenue or Unicorn Lane. Maybe a nice cottage in Marleybone down the street from 221B. Just being able to say Sherlock Bones is a neighbor would be fun. There is also the possibilities of one of those Dragonspyre fix-er-uppers just to show off some style. Maybe even a small hut out on the Savanna in Zafaria as a little hidaway to kick off the dust of a days questing. I'll give two thumbs up to this idea.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I think it is an awesome idea!!

Keira Dreamwalker

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
I love the idea. Please consider the suggestion.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2013
Sounds like a great idea to me. How do we make it happen?

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
I think this is a great idea for the

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
I love the ideal a lot. There a couple of place I would like to have if I could.

Emily dreamcatcher level 100 life

Survivor
Sep 18, 2013
Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
i think it is a great idea. it can be like the dorm rooms and the wizards could add their own decorations to fix it up

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
KI, hear me! We NEED this in the game!

Duncan level 85

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
that could be a really neat idea!

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
I like the idea! Imagine living on Firecat Alley and looking out the window to see all the battles going on! Avalon would be a great place to purchase a cottage

Survivor
Feb 13, 2014
I like the idea!!!! I would love 2 live in Avalon.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
That is an awesome idea! I will be on the lookout for potential homes now!

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
It would be fun to visit your neighbors and see how they've decorated.
Maybe a ringable doorbell?

Survivor
Oct 30, 2009
its an awesome idea ,only thing is would it interfear with the housing system that is already there i know i would be upset if it caused problems with the system thats already in place due to having to rework the housing system

Survivor
May 05, 2010
this would be awesome especially is all your wizards could use it as a center of all of your homes and castles., , , , ,

Survivor
Oct 03, 2013
Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
its wonderful to hear all this support for this idea :)

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
This is a great idea! I could live in, say, a leaky, semi-underwater house in Crab Alley, like a miniature Sunken Palace. KI, please find a way to implement this idea!
Jesse Drakebreaker Adept
Thomas Darkstaff Initiate

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
i am thinking now (TONS of great houses though) a house in marleybone. one of those skinny 4 story places. street access from reagents square and roof access leads to one of the streets :) that would be cool. but i am kind of wanting an alcove entrance in Krok, that leads to an underground hide-a-way. or a real creepy house in the haunted cave (with built in spiders :p ). or an avalon place with one of those creaky wooden stairs that just go on and on :p