Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to find Agave Necter Anywhere...Please help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
Usually when I have a crafting quest I eventually come across the means in which to produce the requested item, either through combat (pick-up/dropped reagents from defeated opponents, gathering other reagents and crafting the needed item or purchasing them in Bazaar. However, this time unfortunately, I am stumped and cannot figure out how to get the one remaining reagent I need. This is really holding me back as I am unable to purchase the recipes I need to make better gear that I need to face stronger opponents. I am supposed to make an Eagle War Shield and I can't because I cannot find Agave nectar anywhere. I have completed the entire world and done mostly every quest pertaining to it except the prospector Zeke one and I have not seen this reagent anywhere. I don't understand how that is possible. Where is this nectar, do you have to buy it, fight for it, what? There really should be more information when it comes to finding rare reagents; a hint where you could locate them or at the very least a clue as to the way in which you would collect it, ie, from battles, by completing a different quest, or through purchase. If anyone knows where I could get this reagent I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's a rare drop when you collect Agave Leaves. Best places to look are in Alto Alto and near the waterfall in Mangrove Marsh where the Balance birds are. Both areas have like 5-6 spawn spots, just cycle between realms and learn the locations in each area and you can get it done relatively quickly.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
This link shows all of the details for agave nectar (vendors, harvested from, dropped by, etc.):

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Agave_Nectar

Also, on that fansite, after you register and open an account (no cost to register), you can do a search for almost anything in the game. I found these posts for "agave nectar":

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?365865-Agave-Nectar&highlight=agave+nectar

And one of those posts had this comment:

"Go to alto alto, there is 5 hot spots where agavenectar spawns twice in every realm! I farmed these spots for 1 hour and got 5 agavenectar and 132 agave leaves... "

And one of the posts also has a "farming route":

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?339542-Agave-Nectar-farming-route

Hope this helps.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Agave nectar is a rare harvest from agave leaves. It takes a long time to get it.

It is one of the things they really messed up in the Azteca level questing -- making some reagents nearly impossible to get.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
You might want to try a more crowded realm and go to the bazaar. Just keep refreshing the reagent page and you might to get it quickly. You can also use transmute agave nectar, but it needs 15 agave leaves(transmute recipe from Popol Vuh Whitepaper in Alto Alto and the agave leaves can also be found in the bazaar). You can also buy agave nectar from Brandon Mistborn. I don't think there are plants that can drop agave nectar.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
You will need to collect Agave Leaves to get Agave Nectar. It is a rare harvest from Agave Leaves. Or just buy Agave Nectar at the bazaar.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Ashley Starward on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Usually when I have a crafting quest I eventually come across the means in which to produce the requested item, either through combat (pick-up/dropped reagents from defeated opponents, gathering other reagents and crafting the needed item or purchasing them in Bazaar. However, this time unfortunately, I am stumped and cannot figure out how to get the one remaining reagent I need. This is really holding me back as I am unable to purchase the recipes I need to make better gear that I need to face stronger opponents. I am supposed to make an Eagle War Shield and I can't because I cannot find Agave nectar anywhere. I have completed the entire world and done mostly every quest pertaining to it except the prospector Zeke one and I have not seen this reagent anywhere. I don't understand how that is possible. Where is this nectar, do you have to buy it, fight for it, what? There really should be more information when it comes to finding rare reagents; a hint where you could locate them or at the very least a clue as to the way in which you would collect it, ie, from battles, by completing a different quest, or through purchase. If anyone knows where I could get this reagent I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
You can camp out at the Bazaar and usually find some. Also, If you have lots of Agave leaves, you can transmute them into Agave nectar. There are many ways to get it like gathering arena tickets and getting them from Brandon Mistborn by the arena, get them as rare harvest from Agave leaves, and as a drop from Cronus, Sand Squid Tentacles, Hades the unseen, and Gladiator Dimachaerus. More information can be found here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Agave_Nectar

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Gladiator Dimachaerus in Mount Olympus drops it. I got a couple from him, he also drops the Potent Trap TC and Turquoise. Just farm him a lot.