Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet giving Blade

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have counted about 8 fights with Bosses in dungeons where my pet always gives me a Blade after the fight is ended. My pet has never yet since i leveled him up to Epic has given a blade during a fight, only when it is not needed and that is when the fight is ended. My opinion of Blades on pets is that it is a useless trait Because it occurs after the fact and this is not just on my Fire pet, the bird, it is also on my other pets as well. I am better off stealing blades from opponents than to depend on any pet to give a blade. If there is a solution to this I would appreciate input.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Right. May-cast blades (and most may-cast talents) are not much use in a short fight because you don't have time to get them, or you only get them at the end. In a longer fight they have more value.

I usually try for one-hit-knockouts, so I like a a blade or trap from a card talent better than a may-cast. Like a lot of things it depends on your playing style.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
2x4 two step on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
I have counted about 8 fights with Bosses in dungeons where my pet always gives me a Blade after the fight is ended. My pet has never yet since i leveled him up to Epic has given a blade during a fight, only when it is not needed and that is when the fight is ended. My opinion of Blades on pets is that it is a useless trait Because it occurs after the fact and this is not just on my Fire pet, the bird, it is also on my other pets as well. I am better off stealing blades from opponents than to depend on any pet to give a blade. If there is a solution to this I would appreciate input.
No solution; it's just one of those 'may cast' things.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The only "solution" to May cast blades is to wand attack with an off school wand and hope the pet casts. May cast blade, traps and charms are all triggered by your wizard attacking someone successfully. That's why it's only showing up at the end when you are doing a one hit kill.