Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2014
Whats the best way to keep from Fizzleing? I seem to do it a lot

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MsEyes06444 on May 30, 2014 wrote:
We are actually fizzling a lot on all our schools since a little while ago. It got so bad on my Balance I quit playing it because it became embarrassing and I was no help in battles. The best you can do it try to add Accuracy to your gear/pet etc.. It doesn't help eliminate fizzling but should cut it back some. Clearly Storm has an advantage here because their gear does offer more as you progress, we have had a lot less fizzling with our upper level storms.

We are down to fizzling at least once in each battle - sometimes twice. Our Death blades up and 99% of the time fizzles on the first damage spell cast - we now call him Fizzle Kane. I am not new to the game or new to each school so I have noticed there is a difference now. It may be all part of scaling the difficulty level since several updates have been done over the past year to give the monsters a fairer advantage. Reshuffle 1x, healing pets nerfed, better gear that has to be farmed difficult bosses for a million times, etc.

Mary

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
boost your accuracy with pets and gear.

Explorer
May 19, 2014
Use the spell

'Accuracy'

Invented by the school.
----------------------------------

Valdus Spell
Level 22.
Adept Sorcerer.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I never felt using accuracy spells was worthwhile. The balance version burns a turn you could be using for something else. The sun versions don't burn a turn but keep you from using a sun damage bonus on the spell. What I do is try to manage my deck so that when I am ready to cast an attack spell I have two or more of the card in my hand. If the first fizzles just try another. Despite the perception of spells fizzling constantly, unless you are fighting a smokescreen or something the fizzle chance is always well less than 50%, so on average if you skip the accuracy spell you use fewer turns to get the spell off.

As the others have said, the best way to reduce fizzle is to get gear that adds accuracy. At level 45, my storm wizard has +15 accuracy from bazaar bought gear, so my base fizzle chance has already been cut in half. At higher levels better accuracy bonus gear becomes available. Some pets have talents that boost accuracy a bit, not a ton but it adds up. The consensus of experienced players seems to be that no matter how high you get accuracy, any spell that has a base cast chance less than 100% always has some chance of fizzle, though you may get the fizzle chance down to 1% or so.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
1. Get Infallible
2. Don't be storm (though previous people might have already said that)
3. Get gear for accuracy (same problem with #2)
4. Do the Humpa Lumpa dance before you cast a spell (optional)
5. Don't jinx it
6. Say "I will not fizzle because this game loves me!"

Survivor
May 31, 2014
Valdus Spell on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Use the spell

'Accuracy'

Invented by the school.
----------------------------------

Valdus Spell
Level 22.
Adept Sorcerer.
Um, i agree, that would help with accuracy, but in my opinion, it's not the best thing to get since it costs a training point (unless for some reason you have a billion training points and want to spend them on stuff.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Yesterday I fizzled 4 straight spells on my Ice Wizard. That's never happened to me before, not even on my Storm Wizard. 3 straight was my previous record. Annoying!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
For me, I've been using:

* Sidhe Staff
* Gear that gives Accuracy

If you want the Sidhe Staff you can farm in the Mirror Lake (I got 2 Sidhe Staff from there ).

Sabrina Cloud
Level 100 Myth

Survivor
May 31, 2014
valdushawkflame on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Yesterday I fizzled 4 straight spells on my Ice Wizard. That's never happened to me before, not even on my Storm Wizard. 3 straight was my previous record. Annoying!
Ah, you should try the Humpa Lumpa method and see if it helps you.
Good luck wizard in your wizardly fizzly travels!