Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Mastery from Tower of the Helephant

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I am thinking about getting a life mastery amulet but don't know whether I should farm or not. Is the first tower of the helephant battle harder than doing Waterworks for the amulet? Or should I just buy it?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Adept

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Mastery amulets are rare drops. If you want one fast you should just buy it, but if you enjoy farming and have friends who can team up with you, go for it! The first TotH fight is 5-7 minutes, or the whole tower is 35-45 minutes if you do it efficiently. WaterWorks should be 40-50 minutes with a good team. For me farming is the way to go if I am with friends and having fun, but not worth turning into work.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
For one thing, it'll be a while before you get anywhere near level 60, so if you want it now, buy it.
Don't farm TotH. A good way to describe it would be to remove the "Tower of the" part and the "ephant" part, if you know what I mean. Luska Charmbeak in Waterworks is infinitely easier.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can also get it from Luska, the first boss in Waterworks, so you only have to do the first half. It's a very rare drop though. Be prepared for endless farming runs whether you do Helephant or Waterworks (personally I found Waterworks much easier to solo on my ). If you really don't want all the hassle of farming then buy it, keep an eye out for sales, they make them 40-50% off the mastery amulets every now and then.

Defender
May 11, 2012
It depends on how quickly and how badly you want it. If you are willing and/or able to spend hours and hours farming on the off chance that you MIGHT get one, then the opportunity is there. Personally, if you have crowns available, I would keep my eye out for the next mastery amulet sale (they do come around), and purchase the amulet. Right now, I have both a storm and life mastery amulet. I started saving up my money, and by the time the amulet sale came around, I was able to purchase them.

Good luck in which ever way you decide to go.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
seethe42 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
You can also get it from Luska, the first boss in Waterworks, so you only have to do the first half. It's a very rare drop though. Be prepared for endless farming runs whether you do Helephant or Waterworks (personally I found Waterworks much easier to solo on my ). If you really don't want all the hassle of farming then buy it, keep an eye out for sales, they make them 40-50% off the mastery amulets every now and then.
Ok, I'll just kill two birds with one stone then.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Adept

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
My advice - train life at least to Sprite now. Satyr and a mastery is nice to have, but not essential at lower levels.

When you hit level 56, craft WT gear. That takes pressure off. Find a good group who plays when you do, and do some Waterworks runs as you feel like it. Farming solo or with randoms can be slow and stressful. With a group of friends it's faster and a lot more fun.

You might get lucky and pick up a mastery while farming Waterworks. If not, once you have all your Waterworks gear, farm Helephant with your friends.

If you'd like some tips for speed running those instances, check out the abcWizards "taken by storm" videos. With a storm hammer and a cooperative team you can do either pretty fast.