Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe Drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
Really think the drop rates need to be raised some what. i have been farming the last 2 weeks and i havent gotten anything for my storm/fire/death characters at all. i farm everyday for hours and it seems hopeless. im a grown adult, farming her is more stressful than my job it seems, please KI do something about this. i know im not the only one who thinks this. seen several posts on another central aswell

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I couldn't agree more with you.
Here is the email I sent to support. They suggested I post here as well so the community and moderators would read as well.

I just wanted to leave a comment about the Morganthe drops. I (and many many many others) feel that the drop rates for Morganthe are ridiculously low. I personally have farmed Morganthe 15+ times and have yet to get one Athame or Amulet drop of any school. If anything, the drops should be school specific like WaterWorks or we should get more than one gear item as a drop per battle. Now I know I haven't done many runs yet but I am sure I will and I will most likely get the same results.
Please take a look at this post here on Wizard101 Central. http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?409240-Morganthe-Drops/
Many people over there are complaining about the same things I am.
So Please Kingsisle, please increase the drop rate of the Amulets and Athames, or at least have multiple gear items drop per battle, and not just one.
I don't mean to come off as sounding pushy, obnoxious, or rude, I just wanted to get my point across.
Thank You Very Much for your time.

So, I'd really like to get a moderator or Professor Greyrose to chime in on this with any considerations that have been made or whether or not this has been looked into at all.

Thank you.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
You know what I did? I cancel my sub over this morganthe camp. With 3 max wizards 2 80's and a 60 for pvp. Perfect pets in many models even with the failed system. All of loremaster's spells on multiple characters etc.. Soloe'd everything in the game without henchmen, bottles etc on my death. What's left for an end game player like me? nothing just like we get each time running morganthe or hades. Its a waste of time i refuse to stay subbed or even log in anymore until your next update when in like q1 of 2015? I want to pvp but without these 2-3 key drops thats not going to happen on my main max.

My counting on this?
Hades runs 1500+ times no good death robe, at an hour average a pop ya ok thats a waste
morganthe over 1750+ runs now nothing but stuff i can not use. this fight is only 10-12 minutes with a good team but people are sick of doing it, i am not farming this 6-7k times for a chance at an update for a school i am NOT.

cheers ki this camp and hades are fails. yes its optional but so is being subbed which i am now not. so much for this being a kids game anymore. I am adult and i go way out of my way for drops these final too camps are a joke. I really hope more people just stop paying to play anymore there is nothing left to do anyways. wake up and listen to your customers.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
I understand that they made this a short dungeon. Seriously though something needs to be done about the drop rates. Leave the Amulet drops as is but ease up on the Athame/Ring drops some. Posted this 2 days ago and still not a drop, not even a non school drop. Please KI listen to us some what. I love this game , i quit several other games to put all my time in this game. Thats got to count for something

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Death Eater on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I understand that they made this a short dungeon. Seriously though something needs to be done about the drop rates. Leave the Amulet drops as is but ease up on the Athame/Ring drops some. Posted this 2 days ago and still not a drop, not even a non school drop. Please KI listen to us some what. I love this game , i quit several other games to put all my time in this game. Thats got to count for something
I have a possible solution, not only to the Morganthe dungeon, but all future dungeons.
I think KI should change what is dropped not when it is dropped.
As it stands at the moment there are a vast number of spells, snacks and reagents that are dropped and I'm sure most players like myself get more than one of each but rarely any gear.
Why not create two sets of gear, one rare, one common and the same with decks, wands athames etc, then change the drop so that each player gets oneof each item, that is, one reagent, one spell, one snack one pieces of common gear with the chance to receive one of the rare items.
This is a fairer solution for everyone.
Also I think a bit more consideration should be given to pet drops. As it stands Krysallis offers two school pet drops, Death (Pesky Beetle, Finned Assasin ) and Fire (Fennic Fox), why not make one pet with universal talents like the Sea Dragon which could be used and hatched by all schools (Regardless of which school the dropped pet actually belonged to).
Now I know my proposal wont suit everyone (perhaps crafters and gardeners who like all the dropped reagents and seeds) but I do think what I have suggested is beter than what is currently on offer.
What do other wizards think?
Happy Farming
Michael Stormhammer Exhalted

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I completely understand your frustration. I've farmed Morganthe over 400+ times now. I do get amulets and athames but never the school I need for my wizard :(

I really wish if they drop other school amulet, make them at least tradable. If not drop school only. The drop rate is already super low, now u have to count the other school amulets as well. Drop rate is even lower.....

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
Death Eater on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Really think the drop rates need to be raised some what. i have been farming the last 2 weeks and i havent gotten anything for my storm/fire/death characters at all. i farm everyday for hours and it seems hopeless. im a grown adult, farming her is more stressful than my job it seems, please KI do something about this. i know im not the only one who thinks this. seen several posts on another central aswell
I'm for sure with u on this I spent like maybe just a few weeks sometimes staying up for a few days farming for the fire amulet, and yes I know I'm tweaking out but I'm sure lots of us all stay up. Point is the drop rate needs an increase like I don't know what it's at now but adding on maybe a 10% more chance might help since I tend to think it's at 0.1% at the moment.

Lvl 100

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
I have now been farming alil over 4 weeks and nothing to show for it, not one fire/death/storm amulet or athame. Seriously KI read this and do something about it please. i farm day in and day out and its been for nothing. Like ive said before my job is stressful and this is worse than my job..smh

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
I stopped after several hundred hades dungeon battles, not getting the divine amulet on my life, looking forward to not looking back at all the disappointment in not achieving the amulet, and now once again over 300 battles with Morganthe and I have no life amulet or dagger, or ring to show for my efforts. I hate the idea of looking for a new game that will let you level up without winning the lottery (same odds) to get prizes.
There is nothing special about your ability to get these things when they just drop out of the AIR. I play 364 times and have nothing, and the next wizard plays 2 times and gets their storm amulet.
Something about this is just not EVEN fun. Sad thing is I thought Wizard101 was the best game ever until Acquila and. the drops
rate. I would vote for an almost impossible battle to win, but if you did win, you got atleast one prized piece of gear. Some of
us have worked hard to become great wizards in battle. Why not reward us for that, not just how long we can hold out doing a
battle over and over and over and over.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't really mind the drop rate, it's the drops themselves. I have 6 wizards, so even cross school drops would be fine with me IF they were balanced. I have gotten every piece of gear Morganthe drops on all the wizards I've run through it. OK, fine... only issue I have is the only school I don't have is . I'm starting to think KI programmers have a sadistic sense of humor.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
I don't really mind the drop rate, it's the drops themselves. I have 6 wizards, so even cross school drops would be fine with me IF they were balanced. I have gotten every piece of gear Morganthe drops on all the wizards I've run through it. OK, fine... only issue I have is the only school I don't have is . I'm starting to think KI programmers have a sadistic sense of humor.
LOL. I see I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I swear, any time I go farming, or while questing, fight the bosses who may drop stuff, I end up getting 90%+ Life drops. The problem is, I don't have a Life wizard on this account.

--------------------------------------

There are other games I play where the drop rate is much better than W101. W101 is too grindy, tedious, and boring to farm any more, especially since it's so incredibly difficult to get drops you need/want, while the drops you do get are cheapy and cheesy low-level stuff that shouldn't even be dropped in high-level worlds.

One particular game I play gives gear after a few farmings, but people will still farm these dungeons after they've gotten all the gear they need, because the dungeons always drop other stuff that is very useful in the game. It's still a challenge, but it's not tedious nor boring.

W101 really needs to take a serious look at their dungeon drop 'strategy'. People are frustrated after farming hundreds or thousands of times, without getting anything that they would like or is necessary in the game. It's not a big deal if every wizard gets the rare drops. But, because of the super uber rarity, the 'have' and 'have not' are separated more and more.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I must agree that playing on my max level just gets boring now, and that's a shame. There is only so much Morganthe I can take.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
LOL. I see I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I swear, any time I go farming, or while questing, fight the bosses who may drop stuff, I end up getting 90%+ Life drops. The problem is, I don't have a Life wizard on this account.

--------------------------------------

There are other games I play where the drop rate is much better than W101. W101 is too grindy, tedious, and boring to farm any more, especially since it's so incredibly difficult to get drops you need/want, while the drops you do get are cheapy and cheesy low-level stuff that shouldn't even be dropped in high-level worlds.

One particular game I play gives gear after a few farmings, but people will still farm these dungeons after they've gotten all the gear they need, because the dungeons always drop other stuff that is very useful in the game. It's still a challenge, but it's not tedious nor boring.

W101 really needs to take a serious look at their dungeon drop 'strategy'. People are frustrated after farming hundreds or thousands of times, without getting anything that they would like or is necessary in the game. It's not a big deal if every wizard gets the rare drops. But, because of the super uber rarity, the 'have' and 'have not' are separated more and more.
"W101 really needs to take a serious look at their dungeon drop 'strategy'. People are frustrated after farming hundreds or thousands of times, without getting anything that they would like or is necessary in the game. It's not a big deal if every wizard gets the rare drops. But, because of the super uber rarity, the 'have' and 'have not' are separated more and more."

I so totally agree with this statement. Very well said.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I've decided not to farm Morganthe at all, and I'm done with Tartarus. The reward is not worth the effort. My dad and friends have run lots of times but none of them got any good items. I have only the blade from Cronus and some reagents. Nothing good from Hades. I know people who have fought Morganthe over 100 times but got nothing. I get that it is luck, but if no one I know ever gets anything really good, what are the odds? Terrible. It's just a waste of time.

With Waterworks and Helephant at lest we had a reasonable chance, and the gear was super good. Now it is just crazy rare gear and most of it isn't useful. Feels like the end of the line for me unless something improves.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Oh boo hoo. Guys, if I can't get what I want then I just move on. Not complain about it.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
Death Eater on May 27, 2014 wrote:
100% Agree with you. The drop rates are way to low. .001% It feels like. I done Morganthe over 50 times at least so far and get nothing. Took me Almost a year just to get my Hades hat for my life. This game is getting ridiculous. At least let the crafters like myself, craft the item if you can't even get it.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
Sealioneer on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Oh boo hoo. Guys, if I can't get what I want then I just move on. Not complain about it.
This is the Message Boards where everyone in the community expresses there opinions on certain topics. This post is about the drop rate is to low and becoming a huge problem. If you don't like hearing people expressing there concerns or problems currently in the game, then why are you here?

Thomas Dragonrider Level 100

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I've played other games where the drop rate for the best gear was extremely low, and it didn't bother me so much because those games didn't sell gear in an online shop. Because this game does sell crowns-only gear, I feel like the extremely low drop rate is part of their marketing strategy. I think it's especially cruel because this is primarily a kids' game. Most children lack the patience or self-control to accept 200 disappointments in a row. After 2-3 disappointments, they'll start pestering their parents for crowns. That really irks me.

I find it very difficult to get decent gear in this game unless you buy it from the crowns shop. Crafting is too tedious because the reagents are so rare, and the Bazaar rarely has anything worth buying.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
dark17604 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
100% Agree with you. The drop rates are way to low. .001% It feels like. I done Morganthe over 50 times at least so far and get nothing. Took me Almost a year just to get my Hades hat for my life. This game is getting ridiculous. At least let the crafters like myself, craft the item if you can't even get it.
I too have given up trying to farm Morganthe for the rare items, now I just do the battle for snacks, tc's that I can sell and gear I can feed my pet.
I am very surprised that with the end of such a major storyline KI hasn't rewarded players in some way, not with a gift but an easier drop.
What is the point of creating unique items that are so rare that the only way players get to see them is on Wiki Central.
It's a little little looking at the British Crown Jewels....something you know you'll have no chance of owning

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
Morganthe indeed has horrible drop rates. I'd love to see myself getting some gear from her once in awhile. I managed to obtain a deck, but that's about it. Sometimes, I can see myself awe over how horrible I can manage to obtain drops!

Lvl 100 (Sarah Heart)
Lvl 95 (Paige Titan)
Lvl 100 (Kaitlyn Frost)
Lvl 90 (Esmee Legend)
Lvl 33 (Vanessa Dawn)
Lvl 90 (Mackenzie Dark)

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
So, I emailed the support team to see if they could to anything about this issue and I wanted to show you my results for all those who are struggle out there with this Morganther or maybe even Hades with there drops.

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the frustration, but I'm afraid there's not much we can do to get you the drops you're looking for. Boss drops are random, so there's always a chance that you won't get what you're looking for. Unfortunately, the way statistics work, there's no guarantee that you'll ever get the specific drop you're trying to get. The best we can suggest is that you take a break from these bosses and head somewhere else for a while and take a break from the repetition. When you're ready to try again, I hope you'll find yourself rejuvenated and your fighting spirit back!

Good luck!

Kind Regards,
KingsIsle Support

So dont get your guys hope up, Were all in the same boat. Good luck to you guys.
Lvl 100 (Daniel)
Lvl 12 (Daniel Legend)

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
It's pathetic battling her over a thousand times and getting junk every time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Daniel Legend on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
So, I emailed the support team to see if they could to anything about this issue and I wanted to show you my results for all those who are struggle out there with this Morganther or maybe even Hades with there drops.

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the frustration, but I'm afraid there's not much we can do to get you the drops you're looking for. Boss drops are random, so there's always a chance that you won't get what you're looking for. Unfortunately, the way statistics work, there's no guarantee that you'll ever get the specific drop you're trying to get. The best we can suggest is that you take a break from these bosses and head somewhere else for a while and take a break from the repetition. When you're ready to try again, I hope you'll find yourself rejuvenated and your fighting spirit back!

Good luck!

Kind Regards,
KingsIsle Support

So dont get your guys hope up, Were all in the same boat. Good luck to you guys.
Lvl 100 (Daniel)
Lvl 12 (Daniel Legend)
Altho I totally agree with sounding off on the message boards about frustrations in the game clearly, KI is taking a stance of the drop rates as being "fair". Once you rinse the bad taste in your mouth out go back and try again? I evidently have no fighting spirit because I avoid farming like the plague. I have enough disappointments in real life without going to a game - which I pay to play, "to get me some more".

Personally I think there are too many in the game that like the aspect of farming. It gives them purpose in the game, something to look forward to. They feel "special when they net the item they are after. Just questing and getting though the game isn't enough for them. Until a mass amount of the members in the game revolt nothing will change here.

The only thing that may become a problem, as I see it, is if game play starts to depend on having these difficult to get items and there are not other ways to get compatible items in the game, crown or crafted.

I feel I am really lacking in this matter. I really don't want a game to be this complicated, I don't have much gaming experience in general and have no interest to. The only draw back I see with those who must have the best of the best they are usually the ones who then turn around and say game play is to easy. If this were true more wizards would be in upper worlds.

Mary

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Yep, same here. Assuming I get any drops at all, they are all ice drops... and, guess what school I don't have on my main account?

I agree wit Mary: my 'fighting spirit' is gone. Farming Torturesauce for a whole year on 3 wizards and only getting one piece of gear is discouraging. It makes me not want to farm, or play, or anything else... the amount of work required vs. the rewards we get at the end of it all are very unbalanced.

Mist wood should not even be a drop at this level. Ever.

-von

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dr Von on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
Yep, same here. Assuming I get any drops at all, they are all ice drops... and, guess what school I don't have on my main account?

I agree wit Mary: my 'fighting spirit' is gone. Farming Torturesauce for a whole year on 3 wizards and only getting one piece of gear is discouraging. It makes me not want to farm, or play, or anything else... the amount of work required vs. the rewards we get at the end of it all are very unbalanced.

Mist wood should not even be a drop at this level. Ever.

-von
I think you might be cursed... I got the whole Hades defense set, the whole Zeus set, almost the full Poseidon set (missing boots), and almost the full Hades offense set (missing hat) in about 25 or so runs. Maybe you're just really, really unlucky, or I'm just really, really, really lucky.