Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buff Storm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2009
Storm wizards all have a very hard time soloing any bosses, like bosses you have to fight while questing. I am currently a level 89 Storm wizard. I am questing in Pitch Black Lake and I always have to have friends help me with the bosses because in a matter of 4 rounds I am dead. Since bosses can hit 2 times in a row with 10 pip spells that wipes us out almost then adding on the minion using a bit lower powerful spells then we're done for. At level 89 I have 3.4k hp with WoodLand Tribal Hood, Poets Robe, and SkyScream boots, thats almost the best you can get around this time. I say storm should get a slight health boost and more resistance. With this armor I have 37% fire rest, 28% ice, and 18% on the rest. I hope this problem can be resolved. And the reasoning for me not being able to solo many bosses like any other school is not because I am "terrible". I assure you that I am no where near terrible.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I agree, and many other post authors on this forum agree as well: Storm's health/defense is sad enough that it prevents basic gameplay. It needs a small upgrade.

Currently, if you're Storm above level 60, you have two choices: only quest with teams that can heal you, or else make your damage so insurmountable that you win faster than the other side. If you don't want to quest with a team, then examine your gear and read the wiki pages on the different kinds of storm gear you can use, what pet talents you should train, and what cards you should carry. That should be very helpful for helping you increase your base damage percentage and boosts.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Storm can solo just fine. It just requires gear changes more than other schools for bosses. You can dress for extremely high resist for all schools but Ice. Yes you suffer by having lower attack boost, but you can make that up with more blades/traps. You can also work on a pet with proof/defy and healing. My storm soloed everything except Belloq (in twin giants) and Xibalba at your level. Soloed all of Khrysalis too. You can craft better gear and work on better pets.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Storm good: outstanding power bad: worst accuracy, blade, trap, health, and defense. I think us storm wizards have had more than our fair share of disadvantages.

Kyle Seahunter level 79 Wizard

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Kyle SeaHunter on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Storm good: outstanding power bad: worst accuracy, blade, trap, health, and defense. I think us storm wizards have had more than our fair share of disadvantages.

Unless, of course, you ask one of those complainers in PvP. Then you'll get "Storm is OP! Take away its only real ability!"

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Storm does have an impressive amount of power, but other classes shouldn't be complaining, and neither should storm. Storm has so much power because they don't have enough defense or hp to endure a long battle. The other classes, however, have sufficient health to go through these battles, so they have no need for so much power. In actuality, storm's abilities balance out to be equal to the abilities of the other classes, not more or less than.

Defender
May 29, 2013
Kyle SeaHunter on May 22, 2014 wrote:

A friend of mine has 90% storm attack 20% universal resist, a high enough block (I really don't know), a high enough crit (enemies and bosses rarely block). To top it off, 35% universal accuracy

She also has the MC healing current Frankenbunny. Since it's Storm, she usually crits on it and heals a lot

She has 0 problems questing

Alexander Earthbane -Lvl 88 Legendary Artisan
Logan -Lvl 33 Crusher Crusher
Aedan Blade -Lvl 50 Bookwork
Alexander Battleblade -Lvl 28 Sunken City Survivor
Flint Stone -Lvl 26 Wizard City Explorer
Alexander Firebane -Lvl 33 A+ Student

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i agree. i would like to see a boost (just a tiny one, not asking for ice-level health or resist here) to storm's defensive stats.

since i have tried and failed over 100 times to get the level 90 gear, i have given up and decided to work with what i *can* get. and my storm wizard has half-decent stats, all things considered.

skyscream hood/cape (waterworks drops)
walkers of the hungry dead (az crafted boots)
axe of unkind winter (crowns pack wand i found in my bank)
bear's claw of storm (bazaar item)
storm owl's terror ring (level 86+ boss drop)
lightning rider's deck (level 93+ boss drop)
epic damp demon with 1 dragonblade card, sprite, defy, and may cast balanceblade

stats:

3400 health
450 mana
+90% damage
+32% universal resist
+24% accuracy
156 critical
203 universal block
+12% incoming heal
66% power pip chance

as you can see, i decided to forgo critical in favour of higher resist and block. critical is too random and everything blocks it, ergo it is a waste of time, imho.

as a primarily-solo player, due to time constraints and working odd hours, it's imperative that i be able to get through an instance without a group. but your stats should accurately reflect your own play-style.

-von/sestiva stormblade
exalted

my sisters in elemental awesomeness:

brynn iceblade
saffron dragonflame

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
That's a great build Dr Von. My dad has all the Tartarus gear, but still prefers the Skyscream hood and robe as better balanced (with block boots and wand) for bosses.