Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to spend my training points on?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
I am currently a lvl 70 Life Wizard who just finished Celestia. I have yet to spend a single training point so far, but I figured that I should since the worlds will start getting a lot harder now. I currently have 28 training points, but I don't know what school or what spells I should spend them on. Any advice would be appreciated.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hi!

Here are some advises:

Ice - Tower Shield
Balance - Tri-blades (tri-traps are optional, as it only increases the attack to one mob, whereas blades are to all)
Star - Fortify and Empowerment (this last one will allow you use your tri-blades without spending power pips)
Sun - Gargantun (and Colossal later, it will increase nicely your attack spells)

Death - Feint (it's up to you, if you are a solo player it'll make boss battles way easier with this strong trap, besides you can stack with the TC version, you'll be able to defeat the boss quicker)

When you reach Azteca and meet the level requirement, you should unlock:

Star - your school bubble (which is an improved version of Mend and gives you power pip chance)
Sun - Potent Trap and Sharppen (definitely a must have, considering the bosses are way harder to defeat and potent trap + feint is just awesome, normal and enchanted one can be stacked as well!)

Hope it helped.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Death to Feint. If you want more defense, Ice to Tower.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
dkredsox11 on May 18, 2014 wrote:
I am currently a lvl 70 Life Wizard who just finished Celestia. I have yet to spend a single training point so far, but I figured that I should since the worlds will start getting a lot harder now. I currently have 28 training points, but I don't know what school or what spells I should spend them on. Any advice would be appreciated.
My life wizard found the tri blade and trap from Niles in Krock land handy. I trained Death to Feint, 7 training points, as with the Tri Blade/Trap for boss battles - there is also the Jewel of Feint amulet to stack. The Sun spells from the Base Camp in Celestia starting with Strong, there is also a trainer on Floating Land and Colossal is later on in Zafaria's Drum Jungle, you don't have to take the Accuracy ones to progress with them, 5 training points total.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Strong

Optional: Diego has Stun Block for free on Unicorn way. If you run a short deck Reshuffle can be trained.

Later on Sharpen Blade, Potent Trap will be offered in Azteca. I can't comment on the shadow magic's because I haven't gotten to them but otherwise I pretty much go with anything that will enhance my regular school given spells.

Mary

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Must have:
Star - Amplify & Fortify
Sun damage enchantments to Colossal.
Sharpen blade, potent trap when you level up

Should have:
Death to Feint. Feint is available in TC form, and on items and pets, but it is used so much for boss fights it's worth training.
Balance - Spirit trap gives you another buff and is nice if you team with Death or Myth wizards.

Might want for PvE:
Elemental blade. For team play boosting other players.
Star - Mend. Later you will get Cycle of Life so this may be optional but i like to have it.
Empowerment - can be handy when you want extra white pips

If you play often with a partner who is a damage school you might consider training that school's mass prism.

PvP only:
Ice to Tower
Balance to weakness; Reshuffle.

If you don't PvP hardcore skip training these and just use TC for the rare times you want them.