Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

defeating gallium palidin?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
Hi, I am in school, and I am stuck on The Labrynth. The main reason for this is the Gallium Palidin. (Or whatever he is called.) He is in too, and he has lots of resistance to , Making it extremely hard to defeat him. How can I do this?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dress for Ice resist. Use a prism and then trap and blade for a big single hit. Don't use damage over time spells like Snow Angel.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
jonothan rosesinge... on May 17, 2014 wrote:
Hi, I am in school, and I am stuck on The Labrynth. The main reason for this is the Gallium Palidin. (Or whatever he is called.) He is in too, and he has lots of resistance to , Making it extremely hard to defeat him. How can I do this?
Prism. Prism Prism
Secondary schools spells.
Not that difficult...it's like any other Ice boss you've battled up until now.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
seethe42 on May 17, 2014 wrote:
Dress for Ice resist. Use a prism and then trap and blade for a big single hit. Don't use damage over time spells like Snow Angel.
which trap do I use?

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
dude use a convert i hope you know

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Bring a fire wand. If the guy puts up a fire shield before you get the prism on him wand it off. Once you get the prism on him fire shields don't matter anymore for the attack using that prism (wards activate last ward first, your incoming damage will be ice, the game checks the fire shields placed after prism and determines they have no effect, then the prism changes damage to fire). Similarly, don't put any ice traps on him before the prism or they get ignored as the ward check routine has already changed the damage type to fire; ice traps need to go on after the ice prism.

I find its actually easier to take down a same school boss than an opposed school boss. Opposed school bosses do take more damage from your main school damage, but they always seem to get a shield off just before you want to attack. The only way to remove the school shield is to use an attack of your main school damage, which burns your traps and blades.

When gearing up at the bazaar or whatever, I always try to get three wands, one that is my main school damage, one that is the opposing school's damage, and a third from any other school. That way I can switch to whatever damage type I need to remove the most annoying shields, while having as little impact on my blades and traps as possible. Of course this means checking and optimizing my gear before each fight, but by the time you get to Dragonspire that should be a well established habit.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
Do You still need help?