Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching question

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 17, 2012
To hatch, I need two adult pets in my backpack. Does this mean that I can hatch with two ancient pets, epic pets, or adult pets? or do they absolutely have to be adults, not older or younger?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Pets can be adult or older in any combination. You need two if you are hatching with yourself, but only one if you are hatching with someone else.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
When you want to hatch any pets from your backpack, they can be any level it is, as long as it is at least an adult or higher.

Survivor
May 28, 2012
You can hatch any two that are at least adult..You cannot hatch with baby or teen.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Your pets must be at least adult or higher to hatch. One can be adult, the other can be epic, it doesn't matter, so long as they both reached adult status

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Thank you all ofr your answers. One more question. If both pets are epic or ancient, will the result be better than if they were both adults?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
KKoop3 on May 11, 2014 wrote:
Thank you all ofr your answers. One more question. If both pets are epic or ancient, will the result be better than if they were both adults?
No it makes no difference at all what level the pets are.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
KKoop3 on May 11, 2014 wrote:
Nope. How your pets are trained or how far does not change their "genes". That's what many players train only to adult if they know they are going to hatch again.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Gemma Luna on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Nope. How your pets are trained or how far does not change their "genes". That's what many players train only to adult if they know they are going to hatch again.
Thank you. This answers all my questions. Appreciate it!