Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did the mobs get changed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2014
I only recently started playing but recently the game was down for "maintenance" and after that, it seemed like almost all the mobs are more like balance, being that you just don't know what they're going to throw at you. There's myth creatures casting storm; ice characters casting fire and balance. I hate to complain, but it's hard to play it when you are, say, a fire character and you don't have any appropriate shields against what you're fighting. Thanks

-C

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Pretty sure it's always been that way. Shields in WC are really a waste of a turn. Use them in higher worlds where you take bigger hits.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The lower level mobs have always used low level spells of multiple schools. They mostly have no resist or boost to any school either.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dyan70 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I only recently started playing but recently the game was down for "maintenance" and after that, it seemed like almost all the mobs are more like balance, being that you just don't know what they're going to throw at you. There's myth creatures casting storm; ice characters casting fire and balance. I hate to complain, but it's hard to play it when you are, say, a fire character and you don't have any appropriate shields against what you're fighting. Thanks

-C
Monsters in lower level worlds do throw out of school spells, as you level this stops and they become more school oriented but just when you think you have it all figured out they start carrying master amulets and can again throw out of school spells.

Mary

Survivor
Mar 19, 2014
Robobot1747 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Pretty sure it's always been that way. Shields in WC are really a waste of a turn. Use them in higher worlds where you take bigger hits.
I have several characters and I use shields on my higher level ones but before the recent 'maintenance,' at least you knew what you were fighting and could shield accordingly (ex. Myth characters in Dragonspyre casting storm). I mean, it's pretty much useless to do anything but BUY tower shields from the treasure card shop because you never know what you're going to get hit with. At least before, you could prepare. I can handle it but not everyone can afford to buy treasure cards. I just feel it was much better before. Js. (also I agree about not using shields in lower levels, except for maybe the bosses)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dyan70 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:

-C
This hasn't changed; it has been like this for the entire 3+ years I've been playing.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dyan70 on May 21, 2014 wrote:
I have several characters and I use shields on my higher level ones but before the recent 'maintenance,' at least you knew what you were fighting and could shield accordingly (ex. Myth characters in Dragonspyre casting storm). I mean, it's pretty much useless to do anything but BUY tower shields from the treasure card shop because you never know what you're going to get hit with. At least before, you could prepare. I can handle it but not everyone can afford to buy treasure cards. I just feel it was much better before. Js. (also I agree about not using shields in lower levels, except for maybe the bosses)
It's not new, it's always been like this. After DS the creatures get harder, but they stick to their own schools for the most part. So it does make shielding and dressing for certain school resist a lot easier once you get to Celestia.