Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage Numbers Off-Screen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2014
sometimes in battle the animations for the attack result in red numbers indicating the amount of damage i just did to the opponent being displayed off-screen (above the top of the screen, so not visible)... these numbers are important to figure out things like resistance, how much damage that attack might do if done again, or when this attack is enough to kill in one blow...

the animations are great... but when they harm game play... not so much... and this is more a case of bad camera placement or tracking...

maybe there is an Attack Text Window i am missing? .. if not... that would be a great new feature (a text window that records and shows attack messages... such as damage done)...

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Peteroid69 on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
sometimes in battle the animations for the attack result in red numbers indicating the amount of damage i just did to the opponent being displayed off-screen (above the top of the screen, so not visible)... these numbers are important to figure out things like resistance, how much damage that attack might do if done again, or when this attack is enough to kill in one blow...

the animations are great... but when they harm game play... not so much... and this is more a case of bad camera placement or tracking...

maybe there is an Attack Text Window i am missing? .. if not... that would be a great new feature (a text window that records and shows attack messages... such as damage done)...
Or they could just make it so when you're in battle, the Text Chat box tells you how much damage you're doing and taking.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
two things here. First of all, when you go to pick your spells, if you look above the monster, there's the health/pip display. if you use that, you should have no problem figuring out which spell to use. number 2, what they could do is simply place the damage at the monster's feet and that would be the end of that. i say this because I AGREE with you that damage should be shown and not off screen. perhaps the camera needs to be panned back a little bit or angled better so we can see about the heads of the really large monsters

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Levia254 on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Or they could just make it so when you're in battle, the Text Chat box tells you how much damage you're doing and taking.
It would be easier if they just moved it all to the feet of the opponent. It would be clear and visible no matter how tall the creature.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
good points, and this has bothered me for a long time. I really like seethe's suggestion.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Agreed. Seethe's suggestion is a good one. Opponent's damage should display at feet, allies should display damage above their head, so all the numbers are on screen.