Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i swear, this world is rigged

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
dont get me wrong, i felt as though the hardest world so far was Avalon. Azteca was a walk in the park (excluding xibalba), and i'd as far to say that khrysalis was a step down. but i swear, there are some things that are rigged in this world.
1. your deck
it doesn't matter how many cards i empty out of my deck, i can never get what i need. in a situation when i have a lot of blades up, i keep drawing more blades, more blades and more blades. or, i get all of my attacks at once, so i have to discard some, and keep drawing more attacks. i keep discarding and discarding till the rest of my deck is just blades and traps, and i have like two attacks left cause i had to discard them all. i'm not dumb, i know how to set up a good deck. but the draw problems where insane, and added at least 10-15 minutes to every battle that would have potentially been an easy victory
2. fizzling.
the fizzle rate seems to have increased. the spell blizzard especially, works about 30% of the time, lord of winter is about 70%, and i'm in tyrian gorge and just today at level 94, i casted wholly mammoth successfully for the first time. every-time i activate my sleet storm aura, it increases the fizzle rate instead of decrease. ironically, whenever an enemy casts an accuracy reduce, my spell works every time
3. sooooooo many bosses./mob fights
i've gotten so bored of fighting enemy after enemy after enemy with little to no point or progress in the story. i wish fights would be a little more stretched out between other quests
4. broken compass.
in khrysalis and khrysalis alone, my compass doesn't work. it always points right in front of me, not where i need to go.

all in all, khrysalis was pretty cool, despite these issues. has anyone else encountered anyhting similar?
thanks
jason thundersword lvl 95

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
iateaunicorn12 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
dont get me wrong, i felt as though the hardest world so far was Avalon. Azteca was a walk in the park (excluding xibalba), and i'd as far to say that khrysalis was a step down. but i swear, there are some things that are rigged in this world.
1. your deck
it doesn't matter how many cards i empty out of my deck, i can never get what i need. in a situation when i have a lot of blades up, i keep drawing more blades, more blades and more blades. or, i get all of my attacks at once, so i have to discard some, and keep drawing more attacks. i keep discarding and discarding till the rest of my deck is just blades and traps, and i have like two attacks left cause i had to discard them all. i'm not dumb, i know how to set up a good deck. but the draw problems where insane, and added at least 10-15 minutes to every battle that would have potentially been an easy victory
2. fizzling.
the fizzle rate seems to have increased. the spell blizzard especially, works about 30% of the time, lord of winter is about 70%, and i'm in tyrian gorge and just today at level 94, i casted wholly mammoth successfully for the first time. every-time i activate my sleet storm aura, it increases the fizzle rate instead of decrease. ironically, whenever an enemy casts an accuracy reduce, my spell works every time
3. sooooooo many bosses./mob fights
i've gotten so bored of fighting enemy after enemy after enemy with little to no point or progress in the story. i wish fights would be a little more stretched out between other quests
4. broken compass.
in khrysalis and khrysalis alone, my compass doesn't work. it always points right in front of me, not where i need to go.

all in all, khrysalis was pretty cool, despite these issues. has anyone else encountered anyhting similar?
thanks
jason thundersword lvl 95
I am experiencing every thing you mention and totally agree with #3. Some hands come up 4 wand spells? I got so tired of questing there I was happy when I capped and could give it a break. All it is is go here fight go there fight etc. areas blur with go back there come back here stuff. I have shortened my boss deck down and even trained reshuffle as a back up to try to remedy it? I haven't even started questing there with my Ice. I am just past the first 2 boss solo battles.

My life wizard fizzles a lot now, something I am not really used to, others have commented on it it's gotten so bad. I had to build more accuracy for cost of power pips in my Ice or it would be totally useless to battle with and sometimes now I don't even have pips for Lord of Winter - ugh and don't even get me started on how bad our Death and Balance wizards have gotten but that seemed to start in AZ, Pitch Black Lake and that is where I left my Balance, lol.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've been through it on Storm, Myth and Balance and had none of those issues. Sounds like just a case of bad luck. I haven't heard any similar complaints at all. As far as Khrysalis being a step down, I agree somewhat, but part 2 steps it up a bit. As for Azteca being a walk in the park, that was only after the nerf (Xibalba is actually one of the easier parts). Those of us who did the original Azteca can attest to it having been a lot harder than currently. Celestia is really the hardest world for it's level.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
I have encountered the compass situation a couple times but usually just logging out and back in will fix this.

I cannot say that I have ever had the fizzle problem. My death has an accuracy of 103% and my storm has 103 when in Galvanic Field. those are the only 2 characters of mine to get that for at this point. As for the deck being "rigged" perhaps you have too much? I carry 4 death blades and 3 spirit on my death, 4 element and 3 storm blades on my storm. I thought this would be average but some people recently have told me that's so little o. o but it's worked for me twice right? So maybe just tweak your deck in ways to see if you can find a better balance, but I always encourage players to just find the setup that is most comfortable to you

Good luck in the future and hope that all this has just been some seriously bad luck eh?

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl48
John FrostShard - lvl35

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Just bad luck.

To help with your deck problem, I suggest you get multiple decks, not just have a single deck for every type of battle. This is where Deck Renaming comes in handy. Get one of your all enemy attacks (snow angle would be good for you), put in a Colossal, two of your school blades, a Sharpened Blade spelled, and your Ice Aura (star spell from Azteca.) I do this and it helps allot to get done with mob battles.

As with Boss Battles, get single attack spells and maybe a few Snow Angels. Fill up with Blades, Aura's, and Colossals, Traps, and other stuff that you think could come in handy.

I also suggest you make a deck just for fighting Myth Mobs, as those Earthquakes can take away your blades. It will be like your Attack Deck, but instead of blades, put in traps.

Hope this helped!

-Nick level 95
"Waiting for Khrysalis part 2 to go live"

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
The compass and fizzling thing. Everything else seemed to be at the usual level of annoyance.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I have experienced the deck issues as well. It's quite obvious KI has manipulated the way cards appear in our decks. It's quite common for your deck to manifest cards not needed at the time, copies of discarded cards reappear the very next round, others not showing at all until many rounds later. The size of your deck has no bearing on it either. Large and small decks have the issues. Not sure if this was KI's attempt to raising the difficulty level in the newer worlds. Also have experienced the issues of NON-random pet heals. When my health is close to full, my pet heals obsessively. After taking a huge hit that consumes more than half my health, my pets decide to take a nap, just about the same time the healing cards in my deck refuse to appear. KI's interference with the randomness of events has me thinking its time to find another game to play.

I wouldn't expect an answer from KI on this one.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I've been through it on Storm, Myth and Balance and had none of those issues. Sounds like just a case of bad luck. I haven't heard any similar complaints at all. As far as Khrysalis being a step down, I agree somewhat, but part 2 steps it up a bit. As for Azteca being a walk in the park, that was only after the nerf (Xibalba is actually one of the easier parts). Those of us who did the original Azteca can attest to it having been a lot harder than currently. Celestia is really the hardest world for it's level.
Your posts seem to give me a chuckle now.

I think the group of players you hang with in the game are the more advanced type or maybe I just attract the normal to under dog players in the game. Being bored of the game in general I have devoted a lot of time just helping anywhere and anyone. I sit in common areas of worlds and wait for anyone who says plz help me. Of the instances I have done the most helping, would be Trial of Spheres and XiBlahBlah. Instead of doing this the easy way with my Life wizard I actually use an Ice wizard that is geared for all around helping, I trained death to feint, reshuffle and have all my current spells. I took it though AZ so I would have access to all the areas there and I do not plan on questing any further into the Spiral with it. I get to see the diverseness of the players in this game which interests me.

Clearly the more time you have to invest in this game the better you will be, I know I would be. Really it's not a fair assessment on how the game is going for everyone. You would be amazed how many do not have the time needed to acquire things. Just because you say something is or was easy for you does not make it so for everyone who is trying or has tried these instances/worlds.

I love your reference to AZ being walk in park and Xiblahblah easy, icing on the cake. In the end - just because we have learned how to play the game it doesn't mean everyone has or ever will but they still have the desire to play it.

Mary

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I can attest to the Azteca part! For my death, Khrysalis part one was a walk in the park towards the end. but that's probably because of the old Azteca... Azteca was no walk in the park and it still isn't... I thought it would be a bit easier, but it is the same old Azteca with a few minor cosmetic changes... KI's definition of fixing something doesn't seem to be correct as the enemies are still tough as ever... KI doesn't do a very good job of fixing the major stuff except glitches...

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
Sokad on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I have encountered the compass situation a couple times but usually just logging out and back in will fix this.

I cannot say that I have ever had the fizzle problem. My death has an accuracy of 103% and my storm has 103 when in Galvanic Field. those are the only 2 characters of mine to get that for at this point. As for the deck being "rigged" perhaps you have too much? I carry 4 death blades and 3 spirit on my death, 4 element and 3 storm blades on my storm. I thought this would be average but some people recently have told me that's so little o. o but it's worked for me twice right? So maybe just tweak your deck in ways to see if you can find a better balance, but I always encourage players to just find the setup that is most comfortable to you

Good luck in the future and hope that all this has just been some seriously bad luck eh?

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl48
John FrostShard - lvl35
man you have those wizard's mastered

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Well, I have some great news!

It is rigged.

Pet issue notwithstanding, the deck is generally stacked against you. No matter what your fizz rating is, unless you sacrifice something to get it over 100%, ya gonna fizz. And as far as critical goes, unless you have it maxed chances are it isn't gonna land.

This is more apparent in dungeons than it is in standard quests.

I am guessing its to make it just a little more difficult, Murphy's Law, what can go wrong will go wrong when you least want it to. Every hand gives a new set of decisions, that have to be made, fast. Flares can be a blessing, use them as opportunity to discard and maybe try for a treasure card. You have to decide fast what you are working toward and what cards ya don't need.

Fizz rate, fun stuff, and the higher the world, the worse it gets, especially dungeons. One set of gear i use has zero accuracy. Guess what, I have seen less than 50% accuracy on spells that have a 95% rating.

Dang.

Getting a pet with accuracy on it will help, but only so much.

Critical, the mystical critical system they go by, great isn't it? My suggestion, play as if you wont get it. This way, if you do (and land it of course), great. Don't rely on something that may or may not happen.

In short, the world is made more difficult by these 'tweaks'. The most recent pet issue regarding healing was one example. However, it is a work in progress. Speak your mind, otherwise how are they gonna know.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I have also experienced the first 2 issues mentioned by the OP.

I have definitely seen an increase in fizzles since K1 was released; I've been through it on 3 wizards, and my promethean sorcerer, who is level 95 and has (assuming the numbers add) 92% accuracy, fizzled like a storm noob the whole time... I even had FIVE consecutive fizzles. What's more, I only carry about 10 cards at any given time (with a few extra for bosses), and half of them are wands to start the match.

I love this game, but I'm so sick of KI catering to the hardcore set and having to listen to said players whine that things are "too easy", when casual players are struggling. I have not been through Test yet, for fear that I will not want to play the game anymore after seeing it.

I will take one wizard through to level 100. After that, it will be on a case-by-case basis.

-von
level 95 x 3

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dr Von on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:

I have definitely seen an increase in fizzles since K1 was released; I've been through it on 3 wizards, and my promethean sorcerer, who is level 95 and has (assuming the numbers add) 92% accuracy, fizzled like a storm noob the whole time... I even had FIVE consecutive fizzles. What's more, I only carry about 10 cards at any given time (with a few extra for bosses), and half of them are wands to start the match.

I love this game, but I'm so sick of KI catering to the hardcore set and having to listen to said players whine that things are "too easy", when casual players are struggling. I have not been through Test yet, for fear that I will not want to play the game anymore after seeing it.

I will take one wizard through to level 100. After that, it will be on a case-by-case basis.

-von
level 95 x 3

Von you have more fortitude then me. I have one wizard in the woods area I can't seem to go back and quest on with. I have an Ice wizard that only took the first quest in K. I quit on my Balance in AZ Floating Mts area.

After using my Ice wizard for helping others I realize how much this game isn't what I would normally seek out. I have let it get away from me and I plan to stop it. As the new year begins I can say I gave the game a fair try. AZ is beyond enjoyment for me. I plan to spring clean big time and clear the slate of excess wizards.

Mary

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Dr Von on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:

-von
level 95 x 3

Remember, everyone has the right to their own opinion. If people have a problem with the worlds being too easy (which I can understand), then they have the right to explain how boring the world is since it's too easy. Everyone has their opinion, and everyone must accept everyone else's opinions even if it's difficult to understand why they have their opinion. Just as the casual players have the right to complain that the world is too "hard" the hardcore players have the right to complain that the world is too "easy."

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I've experienced everything on the list. And it seems to get worse in part 2. Enemies block critical 80% of the time even if you have over 350-400 Critical. and it seems as your critical block doesn't stand a chance to the enemies (Mostly Bosses). And enchants, attacks, and heals always hide at the end of your deck and heals only show up once you're below 400 health. I'm about halfway into Khrysalis Part 2 at the Ruined Alcazar getting close to Radiance Reborn and the fizzling, card draws, and critical blocks are to much to handle. I can imagine the Morganthe Battle being a nightmare.
Megan Frostflame Level 97