Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which Astral School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I am getting close to Celestia but I am not sure which Astral school to train in. I am death and I heard that doesn't effect drains. I was also thinking maybe up to vengeance and then .
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jasmine Jadestone
Grandmaster

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
On my death wizard I trained just in and it worked out fine. On the other hand, I quit on that wizard before I got past vengeance. I think just training in or your plan of and will both work out. Good Luck!
Saffron Sandsword
Grandmaster

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jasmine Jadestone on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
I am getting close to Celestia but I am not sure which Astral school to train in. I am death and I heard that doesn't effect drains. I was also thinking maybe up to vengeance and then .
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jasmine Jadestone
Grandmaster
personally I wouldn't waste my time with the polymorphs at all and would train Sun and Star. And yes, the star school DOES affect hits/drains but just not to the level people expect.

One example is Vampire... scroll down and you can see how much is added with each enhancement. Remember, you get half back added to your health. It does make a difference:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Vampire

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jasmine Jadestone
Grandmaster
I always feel that is more of a short-term school while is more long term.
Then you have which could be used strategically.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
is by far the most useful for every school. It's especially powerful for using lower level spells. As for the effect on drains, they work exactly as they should. 2/3 boost goes to damage 1/3 to the heal. This keeps the 50/50 ratio.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Sparkling Cider on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
I always feel that is more of a short-term school while is more long term.
Then you have which could be used strategically.
Sun is not short-term. Colossal is still in use at Promethean. In general, train Sun to Colossal, Sharpened Blade, and Potent Trap. Infallible is a must-have from Star, Amplify, Vengeance, your school's Azteca aura, and possibly Berserk are good too. Moon school is not well-used, maybe Treant and Jaguar at later levels if you want to heal your friends effectively.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jasmine Jadestone
Grandmaster
for me personally, I prefer the sun school spells for the extra damage that does NOT need to be timed out like the star school spells do (since they only last 4 rounds).

As for Sun spells not effecting death's life saps, they do. The way it works is 2/3 of the boost goes to damage and 1/3 goes to healing. This has taken people, myself included, a while to get the hang of. The reason why this is, is because of how the description of the effect is worded. It says that it adds extra damage, but for death, it doesn't. For death, it adds to both damage and healing, so it SHOULD say (for example), "Adds 100 points to spell" instead of "adds 100 damage" because for death, it doesnt add 100 to damage, only 66