Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertuck side quest glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
I have been trying to get rid of some side quest in my quest book on my level 88 Wizard. The last quest I did was the quest black feathers in Sudrilund i defeated the bird ( Kormak Shadowclaw) in his cave and I went back to unlock Hrothgar but it does not give me the option he just tells me to go and defeat the bird again

Survivor
Apr 03, 2013
Though not in the area you mention, I had a similar problem. I deduced that it was because I killed the wrong ("master") monster first, and was then killed by its underling. I returned, killed the "master monster" first somewhat by accident (it was a raven in Grizzleheim, I think) and then also defeated the underling, apparently winning. Yet, when I tried to collect the spoils of the battle, I was not able to do so. I had to fight the battle a third time, deliberately defeating the underling first, followed by the "master" and, lo and behold, I was able to collect the spoils and move on past that particular part of the quest. ... Just something to think about. -- Cassandra Dragonheart (cnat56)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
CassieDragonheart on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Though not in the area you mention, I had a similar problem. I deduced that it was because I killed the wrong ("master") monster first, and was then killed by its underling. I returned, killed the "master monster" first somewhat by accident (it was a raven in Grizzleheim, I think) and then also defeated the underling, apparently winning. Yet, when I tried to collect the spoils of the battle, I was not able to do so. I had to fight the battle a third time, deliberately defeating the underling first, followed by the "master" and, lo and behold, I was able to collect the spoils and move on past that particular part of the quest. ... Just something to think about. -- Cassandra Dragonheart (cnat56)
Ok thx I will try it

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
Ok nvm for some reason i just had to, not right in front of it, but slightly off to the left and it let me unlock it well thx any way