Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hybrid Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
So, I might just be a bit confused here, or I just don't know what's going on.. I made an Archfiend Hybrid pet, with my Wraith, and someone Helephant. I got it on my second time. But now I'm trying to make A Frostcaller, and it just isn't working at all. I tried 3 times and all I keep getting is another Ice Colossus.. Am I doing something wrong? Is it all based on chance? Or is Hybrid making not here anymore? Would love to have some advice on this, I'm not too thrilled on throwing 96,000 gold away.. Please help!

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Getting a hybrid is all based on chance. I know hatching can be so frustrating sometimes.

Have you tried posting a "wanted to mix" thread on Central? There are a lot of helpful folks there. If you do end up posting such a thread, don't be surprised if someone with a Frostcaller (instead of a Satyr) offers to hatch with your Ice Colossus as some hatchers believe using the wanted hybrid as one parent increases the chance of getting the hybrid back. This is no guarantee though; I went that route when trying to get a Shadow Phoenix (hatched my Scarecrow with a Shadow Phoenix instead of a Phoenix) and it still took three tries.

Good luck!

Miranda Nightsinger, Archmage Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Journeyman Pyromancer

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I wish to stress that getting a hybrid is total chance. Some people have tried 50 times before getting a hybrid, that is a lot of gold. Prepare yourself.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Thank you for clarifying, it means a lot! I just wasn't too sure, but thanks!