Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Glitch

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hi,

I am here to say I'm very upset by a situation that happened to me today. A player I had just killed went back to life with 1250 Health again! How is that even possible? It's definitely a glitch, the player was an ice wizard and had a minion that did nothing but attacking me, but I managed to build up a good attack and beat him.

Believe me, the dead player animation appeared and the player was dead but his Ice minion wasn't. When I was gonna kill the minion, know what happened? The ice player went back to life again, IN FULL seven power pips. It definitely is not fair AT ALL.

KI I am waiting for a decent answer on that, how do you allow such a bug/glitch like this in PvP? It's frustrating enough we have to struggle to win versus TC users (which I'm not complaining about) and when we finally did, a glitch simply happen out of the blue and forces us start everything all over again, while the opponent got all his full pips again?

Sorry but I'm really mad when this type of problem is for nothing but exploit.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Lol, I was killed three or four times in PvP, and kept coming back to life.
Yes, PvP has a glitch, and it's broke in this area, but usually the life is
low, around 500 or so. The problem is, that enough for a Life to stay alive,
when the other player is down low on pips. Yes, I agree, I hope that KI
looks at this fast and tries to fix it asap.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Oh good to know I was not the only one to go through this kind of problem.

In my case it was even worst because he came back to life with full pips and more than 1200 health, I didnt even have the time to build up another attack starting from 1 pip, since I had already spent all mine in my attempt to kill him. (No way to build up a good attack again with the player having 50% global resistance, just a satyr was enough to restabilish his health, so you see how it is frustrating!)

Well, I hope KI can look into this and fix it.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
SrEdu on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Hi,

I am here to say I'm very upset by a situation that happened to me today. A player I had just killed went back to life with 1250 Health again! How is that even possible? It's definitely a glitch, the player was an ice wizard and had a minion that did nothing but attacking me, but I managed to build up a good attack and beat him.

Believe me, the dead player animation appeared and the player was dead but his Ice minion wasn't. When I was gonna kill the minion, know what happened? The ice player went back to life again, IN FULL seven power pips. It definitely is not fair AT ALL.

KI I am waiting for a decent answer on that, how do you allow such a bug/glitch like this in PvP? It's frustrating enough we have to struggle to win versus TC users (which I'm not complaining about) and when we finally did, a glitch simply happen out of the blue and forces us start everything all over again, while the opponent got all his full pips again?

Sometimes this can be due to a glitch with cloak, when cloaked shields appear to take double the pierce. If the spell kills the person with the double pierce but would not have without, it appears that they die and come back to life, I believe.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
SrEdu on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Hi,

Did he have a cloaked shield? ALWAYS kill cloaked shields before hitting or else you'll get something like this..

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
Sometimes this can be due to a glitch with cloak, when cloaked shields appear to take double the pierce. If the spell kills the person with the double pierce but would not have without, it appears that they die and come back to life, I believe.
Aaron,

We should actually start another glitch posting just on the Cloak spell. I was in a match last
night, and I hit a cloaked Tower, and it showed 2% pierce, when I have 10%. I calculated the
damage, and it was just 2% pierce, and I had thought it hit low.
I was also hit several times where the pierce doubled and did over 2250 damage, against
my 43% resist. I checked his damage/hit after the match, it was no where enough to
do that kind of damage with his 8 pip spell. So yeah, this is broken also.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
wait. cloak is what have been doing that? then that is officialy the card i want to be eradicaded from each spell book ( my imagination striking.... ) i was defeating a lvl 30 storm wizard with like 100 health and guess what? i did it! yaaaaaaay! but then he came back to life with sbout half his health . come on! no fair!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
guys they used the spell that brings them back to life after death its not a glitch trust me i have seen people use the spell and they come back with low health after death with their pips +i have not seen someone come back to life in pvp without using that spell and i pvp a lot.

Patrick Skullshield 95 PvP rank: Veteran
Juan Unicornpants 31PvP rank: Warlord

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Yeah he had a cloaked shield, so that's why he came back to life then.

And @Deathtoalllife, no he had not casted the life spell that bring the person back after being defeated.

Well it is definitely a glitch. Want to know if KI is already looking into this.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Veracity8 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
Aaron,

We should actually start another glitch posting just on the Cloak spell. I was in a match last
night, and I hit a cloaked Tower, and it showed 2% pierce, when I have 10%. I calculated the
damage, and it was just 2% pierce, and I had thought it hit low.
I was also hit several times where the pierce doubled and did over 2250 damage, against
my 43% resist. I checked his damage/hit after the match, it was no where enough to
do that kind of damage with his 8 pip spell. So yeah, this is broken also.
I don't really know too much about it-I had seen it a few times in pvp (I mostly use cloaks on weaknesses and infections, not shields) and only really knew about it because of a pvp video on duelist101. It corrects the damage the turn after, I believe, so I don't think it's too big of a deal.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
This glitch has been around for awhile, it's just becoming more common now that people know how to use it. It has happened several times to me as well and made for very frustrating matches. It happens not only when they cloak shields, but dispels as well. I wrote KI about it, and this is the response I got back...

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to submit this report. We'll make sure it gets sent along for investigation. If we need more information from you , someone will contact you. If you've got anything else you would like to add, just update the ticket when you have a chance with the extra details!

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks again!
KingsIsle Support

Sooo don't expect a good answer back from them. I'm quitting the game :) I stayed for pvp because it's the only thing I liked. But it's slowly getting destroyed.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
I don't really know too much about it-I had seen it a few times in pvp (I mostly use cloaks on weaknesses and infections, not shields) and only really knew about it because of a pvp video on duelist101. It corrects the damage the turn after, I believe, so I don't think it's too big of a deal.
Aaron,

What is a problem, is that the sheild or weakness still shows up sometimes after it's gone.
So you don't really know if it's there or not, that is what bothers me to some degree.
Plus, when you are killed by this math error, you lose all of your shields and blades.
Yes, you may come back to life, and sometimes with more pips than you had, but
the lost is greater than the gain. I have quit PvP and may even quit the game in time.
Why, becasue PvP is the only reason I stay with the game, as the Boss battles became
boring long ago. So for me, and I think for many others, it's a big deal.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Maybe I'm wrong, but he may have lost connection and then got it back, and went back to life. Did the round keep going after you killed him?

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
lifedude2002 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
wait. cloak is what have been doing that? then that is officialy the card i want to be eradicaded from each spell book ( my imagination striking.... ) i was defeating a lvl 30 storm wizard with like 100 health and guess what? i did it! yaaaaaaay! but then he came back to life with sbout half his health . come on! no fair!
ehem 1000 plus health fail

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
Molly the Balance ... on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but he may have lost connection and then got it back, and went back to life. Did the round keep going after you killed him?
Hi Molly,

Nope, it's a real problem, not a disconnect, I have seen it many times in PvP.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
Well one thing that could be a issue is that during pvp it can get a little bit lagging so maybe when he casted the spell he had bad connection. Also the various glitches in pvp tend to be more to the mild side. So there is also a chance if you had a pet that gives a spell that when you die it brings you back after.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Me and a fire wizard where doing rank pvp and I think it made her pass on her first turn.
When I had 4 or 5 power pips I fizzled on judgement but I have enough accuracy to cast it but I fizzled so I said bug glitch and the fire wizard agree it was a bug glitch.

How can we stop losing from bug glitches?