Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

question about talents

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I have a question,so i want a dragon with great stats but i really never grasped hatching.if i hatch a normal dragon with a good stat pet and i get the dragon back will he have some of the good stats?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Wyrm on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
I have a question,so i want a dragon with great stats but i really never grasped hatching.if i hatch a normal dragon with a good stat pet and i get the dragon back will he have some of the good stats?
Yes, you could get preferred stats in normal dragon. You may have to hatch a few times but the stats you want should show up. My rule of thumb is train to adult with low level snacks, if nothing good shows up hatch that pet back into the one with stats you wanted - if it's a dragon, rinse and repeat as needed.

Mary

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Maybe. When you hatch you get stats (the attribute numbers) and talents (what the pet can do) from both parents. Usually you get a mix from both parents, so you might have any stat from either parent, or in-between (most likely) and some of the talents from each. If you keep hatching with pets that have what you want, sooner or later you will get all those talents but it might take many hatches for that to happen.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011

hey there, well I am Ronan Wildshield, lvl 95 balance wiz, i have hatched quite a bit, and it seems to me

that each time you hatch, you have a combination of each of the pets, talents and statistics

So that each time you hatch with a "better" pet. Your next egg, when it hatches will become stronger in statistics, and hopefully gains better talents too. Heh, well in theory, not all work out like you want though, just need to be patient and keep feeding mega snacks to build up the lvls. And just keep trying to work with hatching with "better" pets, like ones with higher pedigree numbers, if other wizards can help you out, usually in the hatchery, i have found and maybe friends with good pets too.

Well good luck, keep trying