Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster farming

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
I have a question about loremaster. Is it true that the one who kills loremaster is more probable to get spells? Or is it random?

Richard FrostBreeze level 77
Brahm Nightshade level 33

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
No idea. She never dropped a permanent spell for me when I farmed her.

Miranda Nightsinger, Archmage Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Journeyman Pyromancer

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
99.9% sure that's a myth. As long as you are in the battle and you cast a spell, you should have as much chance as anyone else.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Things like this are always completely random. You can actually solo the dungeon and there's a chance you won't get anything. Good luck with getting the spells!

Saffron Sandsword
Master

Historian
May 15, 2009
I honestly believe that is just a rumor. everyone has the same chance to get a spell or a certain piece of gear. just some people get lucky and find it faster than others while some can take a very long time to get it

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
I don't think that is true, there are a thousand ideas out there but it totally random. I've got spells from her and not even hit at all just healed or bladed, I've gotten spells after 10 to 15 rounds. The best advice I think someone can give is just keep trying eventually you will get what you are looking for.

Frogslinger ( max level)

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
After earning 6 Loremaster spells and crafting two other ones; I’d say spell drops appear to be random.

What I’ve observed from playing, talking with other players, and crafting spells; players can obtain 14 Loremaster spells three ways:

1. As a random spell drop from Loremaster
2. From the Crown Shop in a Card Pack
3. As a spell crafting recipe you buy from Master Yan Kan Kook or Grady

Here’s the complete list of Loremaster spells:

1. Brimstone Revenant
2. Catalan
3. Deer Knight
4. Goat Monk
5. Handsome Fomori
6. Keeper of the Flame
7. Krampus
8. Lord of Night
9. Loremaster
10. Luminous Weaver
11. Ninja Pigs
12. Savage Paw
13. Samoorai
14. Winter Moon

All spells can be crafted except for Krampus and Loremaster.

And in all the times I’ve done the dungeon, I haven’t observed any trigger patterns that force or cause spells to drop.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
Ok thanks! Just another question, are some spells easier to drop than others? Or they random too?

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
So, in the Loremaster quest it said you might learn a lore spell. I looked on the wiki and in the drop area it said spells. It listed either all or some of the lore spells (I don't remember). Is it true that sometimes she teaches you a spell you can put into your deck and use? Thanks.

Blaze Battle Dreamer lvl 69

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Great question Richard:

Does Loremaster drop any spell more often than any other one?

Loremaster drops 14 random spells.

I've observed folks getting Krampus and Loremaster over other spells, and in different online forums, people post they believe or think Krampus gets dropped the most.

One simple way to track this is to simply have folks post here:

What spells did they received
Include what day and time it was
Were they in the dungeon solo or in a group
How many pips did Loremaster have when she was defeated
Add any additional comments, and whatever else was observed at the time

I hope this information helps, and happy Loremaster Spell Drop Hunting!

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
Thank you so much Tyler! I'd really like people to post what Tyler said
What spells did they receive
Include what day and time it was
Were they in the dungeon solo or in a group

How many pips did Loremaster have when she was defeated
Add any additional comments, and whatever else was observed at the time

I've got 5 Deer Knight tc, and deer knight spell is my goal, this really bother me a lot LOL, Also lots of Savage Paw and Brimstone tc
But I have one more question lol, does your level affect the drops?
Richard FrostBreeze level 77
Brahm Nightshade level 33 (This is the wizard who is defeating Loremaster )

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Drops happen by chance at the end of a battle. What you do in the fight does not affect what you get.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
I find it very hard to get the spells you want from Loremaster. Does anyone know what the actual drop percentage for a spell is? I really need Winter Moon on my Ice, Anthony Icesword Level 50. It is almost the most essential spell that Ice uses now. I find it very effective especially for Ices that go for damage instead of resist nowadays. So, I just want your opinion if it's worth farming Loremaster or just getting Zafaria's crafting quest and crafting it. Thanks. I appreciate it if you do answer this.

Sincerely, Anthony Goldencloud Level 95

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Spell drops are random, but still happen; so farming makes sense. But farming gets boring, so what’s a wizard to do!?!

I crafted two spells Loremaster wouldn't share with me. So make time to collect all the required crafting ingredients too! It’s easy to do, and it breaks up the routine of farming. Each crafted spell requires the very rare regent called Amber. So if the Loremaster is kind and shares Winter Moon; you can use the amber to craft another spell; so this is a win-win for you.

Below are all the required ingredients for Winter Moon:
* Buy ingredients at the Bazaar when they're available
6 - Winter Moon Treasure Card
100 - Perfect Amethyst
200 - Ghost Fire
50 - Grendelweed
25 - Turquoise
50 - Scrap Iron - Marleybone is a great place to search
25 - Sunstone - Search to the left of the teleporter in the Floating Mountains
12 - Amber – Fight the Gladiator (Hidden Boss) in Mount Olympus

It takes 10 Stone Blocks to transmute one Sandstone
It takes 15 Sandstones to transmute one Sunstone
This means you’ll have to find 375 Sandstones to create 25 Sunstones

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Anthony Goldenclou... on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
I find it very hard to get the spells you want from Loremaster. Does anyone know what the actual drop percentage for a spell is? I really need Winter Moon on my Ice, Anthony Icesword Level 50. It is almost the most essential spell that Ice uses now. I find it very effective especially for Ices that go for damage instead of resist nowadays. So, I just want your opinion if it's worth farming Loremaster or just getting Zafaria's crafting quest and crafting it. Thanks. I appreciate it if you do answer this.

Sincerely, Anthony Goldencloud Level 95
For me farming for the spells is worth it for a few reasons. A. You might get lucky and get the permanent spell you want. B. You need the TC cards for the spell you want to craft anyways, and she drops all of them with higher frequency than most other bosses. C. It may be tedious, but it's a really easy battle that only takes a couple rounds.

I have crafted and farmed for spells. My storm got all her spells but one by drop. My other wizards learned spells from her while also collecting cards for crafting the desired spell.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Loremaster and Krampus Spells can now be crafted!

Reported 14 Apr 2014:
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-crafting-guides/wizard101-krampus-loremaster/

The Loremaster spell recipe is located in The Wyrd @ Grady in Dun Scaith. This is an instance, if you do not see Grady in the back, then you will need to fight in order for him to show.

The Krampus spell recipe is located in Shirataki Temple @ Master Yan Kan Kook. For you to be able to see this vendor you will have to first defeat the Plaque Oni. Once you do, run up towards the back and there is where you will see Master Yan Kan Kook.

Note: Legendary Crafter required

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
Thanks again, Tylerwildpants and Seethe42. I now have all the reagents and I only need 2 more Winter Moon treasure cards. I have got them from my friends and bazaar. I have continued to try to farm Loremaster with no luck on the card or the treasure card. My ice is now level 61. This is totally unrelated, but I finally got him on the tournament leaderboards. He's in 927th. LOL Okay, I'll get back on topic now. I have decided to keep farming, but also if I can't get it, I am working on the crafting quests. I haven't gotten a single spell from her on any of my wizards, it seems like she hates me. LOL

Sincerely, Anthony Goldencloud level 95