Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

team+waterworks=no one wants it

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
so i thought that team up would bring people to waterworks but people hate it,why?

Historian
May 15, 2009
I wonder the same thing myself.

you would think a feature that would let you group up from all the realms would be very popular when in fact I very rarely see it used.

yesterday I spent a good 30 to 45 minutes waiting for someone to join team up for one boss in Azteca.

it drove me crazy

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Wyrm on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
so i thought that team up would bring people to waterworks but people hate it,why?
I think there could be several reasons why this is not working. First, it being new I am not sure everyone knows about it. Second, it would seem this is netting mixed results with how the instance goes making some reconsider if they should use it again.

For WW I think people like to sort of hand pick the team they enter with there since it can be quite an investment in time false runs waste that.

As for upper world results, these worlds clearly have less playing them so it's a chance that someone actually has the same instance you do at that time for it to work out.

Mary

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I think it is a good feature but I see some of the problems:
First & probably the WW case is as Northlite mentioned, people 'hand pick' their team (in particular many prefer not to enter dungeons with menu-chat players because it is much harder to discuss plans/strategy).
Second is that often you have 1 or 2 people already and only looking for 1 or 2 to join. I don't know how it works with groups (and most others probably don't know either) but the first in your group to 'team up' may 'complete' a waiting team & get thrown into the dungeon without their friend(s). (again i don't know how forming a group will or won't affect this, but often I get into 'ad hoc' groups that aren't official friends but we will farm a dungeon together for a dozen times or so)
Another reason is that you can be 'stuck' there forever waiting (not likely at something like WW). Since the counter doesn't start until at least 1 other person joins, you can be literally stuck there indefinitely. And you are stuck because you can't move and do something else while you wait and you can't really go eat lunch since you don't know if you will be entering in a few seconds (i.e. 3 others pop in) or an hour later.
Along these lines I would like to suggest to KI a few things:
a) let us at least look around since I would like to see if others are near or walking by to ask them to join,
b) maybe put a balloon over our head saying "Team Up" so others know that we are waiting on the team up and we can see others are doing the same.
c) start the 3 min timer right away. If we don't want to enter alone we just exit (just like the sigil). But then we don't wait 3, 5, or 10 mins until we give up and then go on the sigil anyways.
d) maybe on the entrance window where you pick 'x' or 'team up' you can say if there are other players already waiting in team up. this would be helpful in many of those less popular dungeons that I now just assume no one else will be waiting in team up.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
For easier dungeons, it is no big problem and the feature comes in handy.
But say Tartarus or Waterworks, you need specific roles.
I have done team up for tartarus to find we are all damage dealers and no one focused on healing or tanking specifically. That was obviously not gonna work.
I would rather, just as Northlite said, hand pick my team to see where their strengths are and are not so maybe I can pick up the slack.