Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So pets gonna cast satyr/rebirth/regneration?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I'm just wondering if pets are going to become more necesary now that people can hit with no blade for over your health bar with just a pip or two.

So i'm assuming if we're going to allow this atrocius new Shadow Magic to stay as overpowered as it is, then we better be getting pets to casty satyr and regeneration and rebirth.

I don't want that, but it seems the way the arena is heading.

It's all luck based now. There is NO SKILL to anything player vs player wise anymore it's about who goes first and who hits the lucky critical pas the block.

Of course, none of this matters if you play Shadow Shrike and attack as you're unstoppable then.

Just what this game needed an overpowered auto-win spell.

Please do something about the ridiculousness of this new Shadow Magic garbage.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Try stunning/using black mantle/stacking shields instead of spreading your anti-Shadow magic bile all over the forums. Nothing is OP unless you make it OP. Just out-think your Shriking opponents and watch the spell be useless and hit them with backlash.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
Robobot1747 on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Try stunning/using black mantle/stacking shields instead of spreading your anti-Shadow magic bile all over the forums. Nothing is OP unless you make it OP. Just out-think your Shriking opponents and watch the spell be useless and hit them with backlash.
This person knows what they are saying. Shadow Shrike is far from overpowered if you know how to handle it. A simple Tower Shield completely eliminates the armor pierce Shrike gives. Plus, dispels and making them fizzle makes them waste one of their three precious rounds in casting. You have a lot to counter it, you just need to rethink your strategy a bit.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
How about the introduce "may cast strategy guide" while they are at it so that you could acknowledge the multiple counters present.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There's no point in starting a new thread on this subject every day. We all understand that you don't like Shrike and can't figure out how to play against it. Considering they have lowered the may cast rate on Spritely and Fairy, it's exactly opposite what you say. Things aren't heading in that direction at all. Maybe if you spent as much energy as you do spamming the forums with complaints about Shrike on actually trying to use a working strategy you would see that there's nothing OP about it.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
seethe42 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
There's no point in starting a new thread on this subject every day. We all understand that you don't like Shrike and can't figure out how to play against it. Considering they have lowered the may cast rate on Spritely and Fairy, it's exactly opposite what you say. Things aren't heading in that direction at all. Maybe if you spent as much energy as you do spamming the forums with complaints about Shrike on actually trying to use a working strategy you would see that there's nothing OP about it.
Agreed!

Explorer
May 13, 2013
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
I'm just wondering if pets are going to become more necesary now that people can hit with no blade for over your health bar with just a pip or two.

So i'm assuming if we're going to allow this atrocius new Shadow Magic to stay as overpowered as it is, then we better be getting pets to casty satyr and regeneration and rebirth.

It's all luck based now. There is NO SKILL to anything player vs player wise anymore it's about who goes first and who hits the lucky critical pas the block.

Of course, none of this matters if you play Shadow Shrike and attack as you're unstoppable then.

All I'm going to say is it's all about strategy. Might wanna look at some posts said earlier because I saw that some of them gave ideas of different ways of battling.

Pokebow
Lvl24

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Pets are OK as they are, and Shadow Magic is fine. One player's inability to adjust strategy does not mean there is anything wrong with the game.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:

Ok, so, this is the hundredth complaint about this, so, remember, anyone can have a pet with one of those healing talents, no? And shadow spells are for prometheans+, no? and you can't buy shadow tc. gotta problem? DON'T PVP. boom. Mind=blown.

~Luke NightTalon lvl 74

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
How about the introduce "may cast strategy guide" while they are at it so that you could acknowledge the multiple counters present.
/ thread

Best answer ever.