Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Water Elementials need a brain!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
I'm not storm, but I have a Crabling pet that I sometimes use the Water Elemential minion as a substitute for my more weaker Mander Minion (just until I get spectral minion). However, about 75% of the time, all the Water Elemential does is shield himself, cast sprites on himself (even if it has 100% health and I'm just coming down to about half my health) and taunt the opponent (which does nothing in PvP).

Is it a glitch or a bug or is the minion a lost cause?

Melissa Smith
Magus- ALMOST MASTER Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
lol I would agree with you 100%. Strange thing is, according to the Wizard101 Central Wiki on the Water Elemental Minion, the only things they cast is Elemental Shield, Spirit Armor, Sprite, Storm Trap, and Taunt. They cast absolutely no attacks. I have seen this minion in battle in which all the minion did was heal itself (even thou the minion wasn't hurt), shield itself, taunt the enemies, and other things. I'm acutually very surprised to see that Wizard101 Central Wiki shows that they cast absolutely no attacks. Hmm, probably because it's a low level minion??? Well, just to tell you once again, the only things that the minion casts is Elemental Shield, Spirit Armor, Sprite, Storm Trap, and Taunt. Use the link I've given you to see for yourself and I hope that this answers your question. If I was you, I would suggest to not use it. I'm not a minion user at all but still, the Water Elemental minion is actually really useless. I hope this helps

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It isn't a glitch. The Water Elemental is suppose to do that. See the thread linked below on how Merle Ambrose finds use in the minion.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/water-elemental-2167

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
Wait a second? Isn't storm suppose to be the ATTACKING school? They need to fix that minion in the next update.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
OH MY WOLF! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, Water Elementials need a brain. Say I have one health, about to be killed, what do they do? They heal themselves. I need a fire shield? Elemental: Oh, riiight, just one sec, I need the millionth blade for my collection.

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
The water elemental is designed to support the school it belongs to, storm. Storm doesn't need more attacks, storm does plenty of damage, storm's weakness is survivability. The water elemental's purpose is to absorb damage while the casting wizard destroys the opponents. It works great for that purpose, my storm wizard casts the elemental in all her tough boss fights. Honestly, its the most useful minion I have yet seen in the game. Water elemental NEVER burns my traps, which is awesome.

I'll agree its useless in PvP. But please understand PvP is NOT the main thrust of W101.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
That's all mine used to do, I stopped putting it in my deck because it would do absolutely nothing. If I get hit with a strong spell that almost kills me (PvE) the minion just heals or shields itself. It doesn't even have the decency to taunt. While I agree it shouldn't be able to do major attacks, it should at least cast Storm Elf, or maybe Storm Shot. I would even be happy with Thunder Snake, to be honest. Or at least make it heal/shield the actual player. It is a minion, after all. Right? Right.

Hero
May 02, 2009
It's not a glitch, nor is it a lost cause. The water elemental's job is to try to divert the attention of the enemies away from you and onto him instead. As a storm wizard, this is very helpful since you have low base health and accuracy to begin with, and honestly damage means nothing if you can't live long enough to use it when you really think about it long and hard enough.

In pvp, taunt will only work on opposing players minions, which is why he was designed with strictly pve in mind. In pve, most storm wizards like to try to attack and kill first before the enemies can attack and kill them back, and the water elemental's job is to help give you more time to set up your most and more powerful attacks on the enemies; that's why he shields and heals himself and is why he's better suited for the elemental enemies in the game rather than the spiritual enemies in the game.

If you want an attacking storm minion, then use the 5 pip storm minion, but otherwise don't complain about someone who's just doing their job to try and keep you alive long enough to finish the fight.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
you guys this is not the purpose of the water elemental!!!!

The water elemental shields itself because it taunts enemies in PvE which makes them attack him, getting their attention off you while you stack and do whatever you like to get ready to kill them.

As a low level storm if i used this as soon as possible and shielded myself until he taunted, this was extremely helpful in my boss battles. Storm does not need any help attacking i mean really every spell is amazing powerful for it's rank just look at the numbers. And later on a storm with the right gear will almost never fizzle (i rarely fizzled at level 30 hint hint) so that point is really moot.

-The RavenCatcher

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
I know they're for obsorbing damage. BUT! It takes them about 4+ rounds before they even use taunt. Sometimes longer, they have to get sprites, shields, and the kitchen sink before they even cast a measly taunt, and by that time I could be dead.