Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp is being ruined

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
Hey guys I thought I would justshare my opinion on pvp and what it's turning out to be Ok so First Off:The Leaderboads- The leaderboards are totally useless because there are still people obviously cheating their way through and the fact that like 90% of the people on them are like level 50 or below... Second:Critical Gear: Ok so if you decided that instead of doing low level pvp you want to do level 90s pvp well you aren't gonna have much fun because everyone you see has overpowered critical gear storms have 400+ Fire Has 400+ and even ice have 250+ its insane! I really think the gears critical should be reduced and I think that would help pvp :D Third:Shadow Spells: How could we forget shadow spells...These spells are probably the biggest problem yet and i'm not just saying that...I mean yeah it might be fun for some of the people who have to spell but the other people who either don't have it or just don't use it for whatever reason like myself may think that these spells are overpowered we're really talking about Shadow Shrike not Shadow Seraph. So Shadow Shrike gives 50 Pierce with no backlash...That extra 200damage (if you're lucky) isn't a backlash because their attacks reduce the backlash and it's already pretty weak...I really think some side effects or disadvantages should be added to this spell. Level95 Ice RyanNightHeart

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I agree 100% on you with Shadow Magic.

Worst Idea EVER. Ever.

The backlash is ridiculous it does no damage really at all. It's not 30%. I don't care what people say I've watched enough times to see it barely do any damage. There is LITTLE if any drawback to using the Shadow Magic Shrike spell. It is competely overpowered. Completely. No denying that whatsoever. Sorry. It's overpowered and awful.

Please fix this Shadow Magic nonsense for the arena's sake. It can stay in PVE, I guess, but it has NO business in arena. It ruins the arena completely and for anyone that doesn't see that I feel sorry for you, lol.

Open your eyes. It ruins everything including making the turn system even worse.

Fix this Shadow Shrike spell or nerf it or get rid of it for the arena. It's killed the arena completely.

Please fix this Thank you.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
RyanNightHeart on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys I thought I would justshare my opinion on pvp and what it's turning out to be Ok so First Off:The Leaderboads- The leaderboards are totally useless because there are still people obviously cheating their way through and the fact that like 90% of the people on them are like level 50 or below... Second:Critical Gear: Ok so if you decided that instead of doing low level pvp you want to do level 90s pvp well you aren't gonna have much fun because everyone you see has overpowered critical gear storms have 400+ Fire Has 400+ and even ice have 250+ its insane! I really think the gears critical should be reduced and I think that would help pvp :D Third:Shadow Spells: How could we forget shadow spells...These spells are probably the biggest problem yet and i'm not just saying that...I mean yeah it might be fun for some of the people who have to spell but the other people who either don't have it or just don't use it for whatever reason like myself may think that these spells are overpowered we're really talking about Shadow Shrike not Shadow Seraph. So Shadow Shrike gives 50 Pierce with no backlash...That extra 200damage (if you're lucky) isn't a backlash because their attacks reduce the backlash and it's already pretty weak...I really think some side effects or disadvantages should be added to this spell. Level95 Ice RyanNightHeart
I won't get in to the shadow magic thing. But you obviously haven't watched someone who is level 30 or 50 beat a Promethean or Archmage. Because I have seen it many times. One of my friends has 2500+ rank at level 50 and he constantly fights Promethean storms and WINS. Often times from second. I have watched it happen. I have also seen my friend who had 2000+ rank at level 30 beat an archmage.

Wolf Skullslinger

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
RyanNightHeart on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Shadow shrike does give its user reduced healing but that doesn't really matter much when you spam attacks with shrike. The point is, shadow spells are supposed to be powerful just as shrike is. I disagree with the idea of nerfing shrike but I feel the other 2 shadow spells aren't as powerful as they should be. Shadow Sentinel should have -25% incoming damage, +100 global block, and intercept 25% damage. Shadow Seraph should have +25% incoming damage, +50% outgoing healing, and for every heal the entire team receives a 500 damage absorb.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I disagree completely. Shadow shrike has numerous drawbacks and counters. Stuns, dispels, accuracy debuffs etc are all a counter to shrike. It has the drawback of needing a shadow pip, short term duration, backlash, locking you into a playstyle and a negative effect. There is nothing overpowered about this spell. As for the turn disadvantage, Shadow Shrike is one of the greatest turn EQUALIZERS as it removes one of the primary disadvantages of going second.