Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sticky Talent

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Has anyone else had that one talent that WOULD NOT go away, no matter how much you hatched?

For me, those talents are may-cast fire-shield and storm-blade. They just simply WILL NOT go away, no matter how many rehatches I have.

What are your sticky talents?

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
My sticky talent is mainly mc pierce. I used to want it..but then not anymore. Every single hatch from my pet with pierce resulted in the newly hatched egg having an unusually high pedigree and it getting pierce by adult.

And my rain beetles..its a SPUD pet. Every single rain beetle I got from a hatch when this rain beetle was the parent, the new pet would ALWAYS get sprite and unicorn.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
mine was may cast life trap i had it for about 4 pets and just about to get rid of it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
May Cast Pierce and Spritely are both very sticky talents.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I'm working on a "perfect" pet for my necromancer, a max stat SPPD Deer Knight. Feinting Spell mucks it all up!

Miranda Nightsinger, Archmage Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Journeyman Pyromancer

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
AustinShadowSwordA... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
My sticky talent is mainly mc pierce. I used to want it..but then not anymore. Every single hatch from my pet with pierce resulted in the newly hatched egg having an unusually high pedigree and it getting pierce by adult.

And my rain beetles..its a SPUD pet. Every single rain beetle I got from a hatch when this rain beetle was the parent, the new pet would ALWAYS get sprite and unicorn.
You know, of all sticky talents, those sound like the least annoying that I could imagine. Of course, that's probably me saying that because I can't go one hatch without the dreaded may-cast fire shield/storm blade coming up.

Before those it was Death-Proof. I love Midnight Sprites and I will continue my quest to get a perfect one, but man, getting that after finally managing to get ONE of the talents I want on them is kind of off-putting. Oh well, I've worked enough to get the Spritely talent onto that Midnight Sprite. Might as well continue with my quest of getting a SPPDF pet.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Miranda Nightsinge... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
I'm working on a "perfect" pet for my necromancer, a max stat SPPD Deer Knight. Feinting Spell mucks it all up!

How far did you get? I'd really hate to think of getting to Epic and having a perfect pet, then hitting Mega and seeing that dreaded sticky talent pop up again.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Mine is Myth Shield - 10 hatches later it still shows up regular.

Mary

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Scarlet Nightdream... on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
How far did you get? I'd really hate to think of getting to Epic and having a perfect pet, then hitting Mega and seeing that dreaded sticky talent pop up again.
I've been very lucky so far. Feinting Spell has manifested at teen or adult.

I'm also at the beginning of the very long road toward my necromancer's "perfect" pet. I know more frustrations are ahead. Lots of frustrations. :)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Miranda Nightsinge... on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
I've been very lucky so far. Feinting Spell has manifested at teen or adult.

I'm also at the beginning of the very long road toward my necromancer's "perfect" pet. I know more frustrations are ahead. Lots of frustrations. :)

I'll wish you luck then! It's frustrating trying to get the talents you want on a pet, so I'm hoping that yours gets the talents your want quickly.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Thank you, Scarlet! :) Good luck in all your pet projects and questing too.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
A lot of "fake" hatchers here some people would say

Marcus Suncrafter lvl 70

Survivor
May 12, 2009
life bats have been plaguing me recently and i HATE that talent absolutely useless especially for 1v1 pvp