Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance... that poor school :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2010
i agree with what you are saying but some of the things you think are bad can be very helpful like the percentage of the spell fizzling storm has a bigger chance of fizzling then balance

⚡️ Reed Boom level 2 ⚡️

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
I love being balance..there are only a few ways to block balance damage. As for going against balance bosses, you still have spectral blast, hydra, and chimera.

I think that balance is fine just the way it is, although a DoT(damage over time) won't hurt..

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Balance is no worse than any other school. You think your spells are weak? Balance has one of the strongest spells in the game (potentially) with Judgement. Let's not forget Ra or Power Nova, which are both amazing hit all spells, and then there's Chimera, which does 1020 damage to an enemy without any buffs and you only need to be level 68 for it. Combine those with WaterWorks gear and you've got some really threatening spells. Combine those with Hades gear and you've got some very threatening spells.

I understand that to get rid of a weakness or whatever you have to get rid of all your buffs, yeah. Guess what? The same thing goes for every other school if the enemy puts on a shield of their same school. Only difference is, it's not just -25%, it's -50%+! Learn to look for what benefits your school. Yes, you may not be able to wand off a weakness, but Balance has no opposite. Trust me, you DO want it to stay that way. Balance's main benefit is that there's nothing that can shield against it. If there was an opposite to Balance that benefit would no longer exist.
All schools have up sides that make them powerful and unique in their own way. Myth takes off shields, Death can steal health, Life can heal for days, Fire is tough to shield because of its over-time spells, Ice can stun and has a Universal Shield, Storm does a ton of damage, and finally Balance can't be shielded from. Take that into consideration.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
i am a storm, balance wizard and it has been down hill for me balance is a o p school it give me just a good set of cards. though i would like a just balance blade and shield.

anthony battle dustlvl 37

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
There are some improvements I would like to see to the Balance school, but many of the things you listed are actually just the way the school is supposed to work.

Balance damage is supposed to be different. It has no damage specific charms which does make it harder to boost. However, there are also no damage specific shields which makes it harder for foes to protect themselves from Balance damage attacks. Our universal blades also allow us to perform the role of "buffer" in groups. We can easily enhance other player's spells since everyone benefits from spells like Balanceblade, Bladestorm, and Hex.

Yes, most Balance spells do lower damage. This is to "balance out" the fact that our Balance damage spells are harder to shield against as I stated above. Even then, Judgment and Sabertooth are about on par with Myth (3rd strongest base damage) in terms of damage per pip.

I do agree that Balance type monsters are especially frustrating to face, however, I do not think we need a prism. Balance relies on spells that do other types of damage such as Spectral Blast and Chimera to get around Balance resistance. We need a non-Balance damage spell that hits everything such as Lernean Hydra or Lycian Chimera, which currently only exist as item and treasure cards. Giving us Spirit Blast would be pretty cool too. It seems like KingsIsle is teasing Balance with all these cool treasure/item card Balance attacks...

Our 6-pip Hydra spell could also use a small damage increase, because it is currently too weak for its pip cost and most Balance wizards continue to use Spectral Blast up until they get Chimera. Seeing as how Fire Elf got a damage increase, I think KingsIsle should consider revisiting the Hydra spell as well.

I would also like to see monsters (such as elemental creatures) take boosted damage from Balance. It is unfair that our spells are resisted by monsters but boost against nothing.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
idk, i just dont like balance in my opinion.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gamlic on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
There are some improvements I would like to see to the Balance school, but many of the things you listed are actually just the way the school is supposed to work.

Balance damage is supposed to be different. It has no damage specific charms which does make it harder to boost. However, there are also no damage specific shields which makes it harder for foes to protect themselves from Balance damage attacks. Our universal blades also allow us to perform the role of "buffer" in groups. We can easily enhance other player's spells since everyone benefits from spells like Balanceblade, Bladestorm, and Hex.

Yes, most Balance spells do lower damage. This is to "balance out" the fact that our Balance damage spells are harder to shield against as I stated above. Even then, Judgment and Sabertooth are about on par with Myth (3rd strongest base damage) in terms of damage per pip.

I do agree that Balance type monsters are especially frustrating to face, however, I do not think we need a prism. Balance relies on spells that do other types of damage such as Spectral Blast and Chimera to get around Balance resistance. We need a non-Balance damage spell that hits everything such as Lernean Hydra or Lycian Chimera, which currently only exist as item and treasure cards. Giving us Spirit Blast would be pretty cool too. It seems like KingsIsle is teasing Balance with all these cool treasure/item card Balance attacks...

Our 6-pip Hydra spell could also use a small damage increase, because it is currently too weak for its pip cost and most Balance wizards continue to use Spectral Blast up until they get Chimera. Seeing as how Fire Elf got a damage increase, I think KingsIsle should consider revisiting the Hydra spell as well.

I would also like to see monsters (such as elemental creatures) take boosted damage from Balance. It is unfair that our spells are resisted by monsters but boost against nothing.
"I would also like to see monsters (such as elemental creatures) take boosted damage from Balance. It is unfair that our spells are resisted by monsters but boost against nothing."

It's the same reason as stated above. When a creature takes boosted damage from a school, they also usually carry shields for that school. If you make balance boosted creatures you run back into making balance like all other schools and requiring a balance shield.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2013
valdushawkflame on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
Try this recipe. Balance Blade. Sharpened Balance Blade. Spirit Blade. Sharpened Spirit Blade. Spirit Trap. Hex times 3. Gargantuan. Critical. Yield? 30,000 damage.
Yeah, by the time you do that, the enemies will have done 30000 damage to ya. Especially Since in your little recipe, you didn't attack. I figured you mean to chimera after the blades and stuff, but that takes to much time, base 8 turns, and by then they could've shielded.

Defender
May 29, 2013
longboard15 on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
I love balance, I am a balance student, but i hate the disadvantages
  • School in Krok, have to be almost done with krok to get to it... not cool. Death has its own little seperate section in WC. Why can't balance?
  • No shield of its own, Just Universal Shield. It isn't gonna kill amyone to have a spell that casts only a balance shield
  • No blade that only works on balance. Though the universal blade is helpful, a balance only blade would be appreciated
  • Weak spells... Why not step it up a bit? It is hard to battle with balamce spells
  • No opposite... Someone said Chaos from Pigswick would be a good opposite, and I agree. But it sounds like it would be stronger. I would rather balance be stronger than have another school be stronger than it.
  • Hard to solo dungeons/ high ranking/ cheating bosses as a balance student. While balance is struggling, storm could solo anything. (Could you weaken storm a bit please?)
  • Balance bosses are way to hard to battle when you are balance to. No boosts, just resist. again good example of opposite school coming in handy. I would definetly get spells from opposite school.
  • No one likes balance the people who say that aren't in balance, and there doesn't seem to be alot of balance students. They don't like balance because it has weak and useless spells.
  • Balance only pets are awesome, put ones you can buy are not. And why is the dragon a balance school pet... fire seems more appropriate.
I will say that now I have trouble fighting bosses (I'm in Azteca), but the balance enemy thing isn't really all that bad once you get Spectral Blast. Yea, it's a bummer to not be able to use BALANCE DAMAGING spells due to a lack of prism (I'll still hope for it), but all in all, it's not all that bad. Idk about the rest of the places, but in Azteca, the Balance enemies don't really resist by much
The problem comes in the form of the universal blade. As for the weak spells, I'll admit that Judge doesn't exactly cut it in Azteca, or even Zafaria, but Samoorai is an awesome spell, though you'll have to farm it from Loremaster or from Shoji in Mooshu. The other Lore spells (Savage Paw and Loremaster) is Loremaster-farming only for Balance. If you get those spells, You probably won't look back at Judge. Chimera is a great spell in questing, if you're fighting Balance Bosses.
No one likes Balance? Since when? Balance is by far the most efficient school. I think Balance holds the most Warlords. If not, then we're probably second to Storm. As for PvP, most of the greatest teams (AKA the one that completely destroys you) will have a balance Wiz. On top of that, in terms of Mastery, Balance is the go to when in doubt, due to Fast Reshuffle (For every school), Sandstorms (For Life and non-Deer Knight Death) and a non-Life heal, eliminating the threat of Life Dispels
Weaken Storm? I'd have to disagree. As much as I hate Storm, Nerfing Storm would destroy the school and KI would get a lot more crap than they already do (and that's a lot)

Balance is far from "That Poor School"

Defender
May 29, 2013
BrandonOfTheWorld on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Well what i would complain about is the critical and critical block. Balance has amazing spells yada yada. But the one major factor for higher worlds is Critical and Critical block. I am in Zafaria and most of the time (also in Celestia) I dont stand a chance against the bosses because of our critical block. They will just critical us and boom. Thats the end
Get new gear!
If you're ever having trouble blocking crits that aren't from Azteca beyond, there's something wrong with your gear

I have gear from Waterworks to lvl 76, and I go into Azteca blocking everything. I literally have 1 piece of Archmage gear, and that's my wand, but it doesn't grant much Block

My block is 190 across the board
Without my wand, it's at 165, and I still block everything in Azteca

It's your gear

btw, my pet doesn't grant any stat increases, in case you want to try and say it does

Defender
May 29, 2013
Noah Griffinpants on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, by the time you do that, the enemies will have done 30000 damage to ya. Especially Since in your little recipe, you didn't attack. I figured you mean to chimera after the blades and stuff, but that takes to much time, base 8 turns, and by then they could've shielded.
I've never seen bosses in Azteca use Spirit Shield. As for any other boss that's not Balance, why would you ever need to Chimera

I will agree that that strategy took too long. I don't use traps. I didn't even train feint
I just use Pierce against the occasional TS and pack Cleanse Charm for weaknesses. I don't use my side deck otherwise except for 3 Sprites, an Infection (I hate surprise Satyr crits!), and a Satyr in case of emergency situations