Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2013
I hope I put this in the right place.
1. So power pips equal 2 regular pips right? Well then why does this happen: Let's say that I had all power pips. And I wanted to cast a 1 pip spell. Well when I cast that spell it takes a power pip away. Why can't it give me 'change' or something. Like take away a power pip then give me a regular pip?
2. What about the pip value on cards lying to you? For example if I was an ice student and I wanted to cast a four pip ice spell. Well I can do that if I have four pips. Well if I had four pips and I wanted to cast a four pip death spell it wouldn't let me. I have to get more pips before I could cast that spell. Same if it was fire, and life, or any school in that scenario. I have concluded that spells from different schools cost more pips than the ones from your own school but I don't understand why the cards lie to you by saying they still equal that amount.
Please Answer. (Especially 1.)
Stephanie Fireflame
Level 61 Legendary Pyromancer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
That's exactly how power pips are supposed to work. They are worth 1 OR 2 pips depending on how you use them. They are not worth 2 pips. They can be used as 1 or 2 pips for your main school only. For every other school a power pip counts only as 1 pip. A mastery amulet will add another school type to your power pip use. I believe that answers both questions. You might think of 2 power pips as 4 pips, but it's only 2 pips when casting outside of your school.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kcehplove on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
I hope I put this in the right place.
1. So power pips equal 2 regular pips right? Well then why does this happen: Let's say that I had all power pips. And I wanted to cast a 1 pip spell. Well when I cast that spell it takes a power pip away. Why can't it give me 'change' or something. Like take away a power pip then give me a regular pip?
2. What about the pip value on cards lying to you? For example if I was an ice student and I wanted to cast a four pip ice spell. Well I can do that if I have four pips. Well if I had four pips and I wanted to cast a four pip death spell it wouldn't let me. I have to get more pips before I could cast that spell. Same if it was fire, and life, or any school in that scenario. I have concluded that spells from different schools cost more pips than the ones from your own school but I don't understand why the cards lie to you by saying they still equal that amount.
Please Answer. (Especially 1.)
Stephanie Fireflame
Level 61 Legendary Pyromancer
1. Yes, it's correct. And many have asked for this to be changed for years. Nothing has been done yet.

2. Not true at all. If you have 4 WHITE pips, you can cast any 4-pip spell. If you have any combination of yellow (power pips) and white, you cannot cast a spell from another school unless you have a mastery amulet for that school. It's really that simple.