Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do we have to do the Labyrinth twice?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Why do we have to redo the labyrinth for the obsidian chest? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Angela Gem on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Why do we have to redo the labyrinth for the obsidian chest? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
I don't know if this will make you feel any better. It didn't make me feel very well at all...

I had finished the Labyrinth on my myth wizard as part of the storyline, but in the middle of it I had levelled up to 48 and got the message to see Cyrus Drake.

So, "after I finished" the Labyrinth, I went to see Cyrus Drake and guess what! He gave me my Level 48 quest which took me back to the Labyrinth!

So, "after I finished the Labyrinth up to the point where I got what I needed for my Level 48 quest" (which was about 3/4 of the way through the Labyrinth), I went to Cyrus Drake and got my Level 48 spell.

Then I continued the storyline, and I got the Obsidian Chest quest from Ashley. Guess where the last Obsidian Chest is! It's in the Labyrinth in the room with the Dean. (This is the point where "I'm not feeling too well at all".)

This was my first time reaching Level 48 with a myth wizard, so for all of you coming up on this any time soon, this is just a "heads up". Next time I will know what is coming and be ready to plan a little better.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Angela Gem on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Because that's how the game is written. I am not a fan either and on a Myth wizard, depending on your level, you have to do it three times.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
I completely agree. I have just finished the labyrinth for the SECOND time and hated it! The only good thing was that you did not have to go all the way through it the second time, once you got to the dean, just grab the chest, and port to the DS commons. I think I heard you have to do it a third time! Not looking forward to that

Justin Hawkrider Level 49

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Im guessing this is your first run through the spiral. I just recently finished Dragonspyre for the fourth time on a death character. What I did was get my sisters account to stay there until I got the obsidian chest quest, then just ported to her and got the labyrinth one first. If nobody else you know in real life has an account, just off a friend some treasure cards or a few crown packs (ex: horde of hydra, keepers lore, etc.). Im sure for 10-20 tc or a pack or two anyone will wait around while you do pyromancers tomb and talk to a few people.