Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I am new here and am having trouble with the hatchery, yesterday I have hatched my Tricky Dragon with a Flamenco Tocador

My talents are Fairy friend and Spritely and Flamenco is energizing battery and unicorn

Well in the hatch I got the flamenco I level up to teen and I got the unicorn talent, but when reached to adult, the energizing battery talent don't comes, I got spell proof

So this is my problem, I need to know if this is normal, because I want so much a pet with healing current talent and fairy or unicorn.

I have to level up to ancient to get the healing current talent?

Thanks.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Eric Darkflame on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
I am new here and am having trouble with the hatchery, yesterday I have hatched my Tricky Dragon with a Flamenco Tocador

My talents are Fairy friend and Spritely and Flamenco is energizing battery and unicorn

Well in the hatch I got the flamenco I level up to teen and I got the unicorn talent, but when reached to adult, the energizing battery talent don't comes, I got spell proof

So this is my problem, I need to know if this is normal, because I want so much a pet with healing current talent and fairy or unicorn.

Thanks.
There is no guarantee of ever getting any one particular talent no matter what the parents have as attributes and no matter how much you train any pet.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Your issue seems to be the lack of understanding of the way talents manifest.

Each pet has 10 talents, plus 10 Derby Talents.

At hatch, the 5 talents that will manifest(Gained at teen/adult/ancient/epic/mega) are already predecided.

You hatched a pet that had manifested fairy and spritley, against a pet that manifested Energizer and Unicorn.

All that tells us is that there is a chance...CHANCE... that those 4 talents are in its pool, along with a chance that the other 16 talents laying dormant between the 2 parnets could be in there somewhere.

There's no way to guarentee that your pet will manifest the desired talents.

You need to spend the time and hatch, train, rehatch, retrain, in a seemingly endless cycle.

It took me months and months, millions in Gold, and countless mega snacks to breed my pet with the talents I wanted.

Honestly, I'm still working on bringing the final talent into my pool.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Eric Darkflame on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:

Thanks.
I am currently working on the same thing but mine has grown over the hatching and now I am working on 12 pets, some have no useful talent by adult so they are rehatched or back burnered or put on a wizard and fed level 5 pet snacks to level up. Previous talents from previous parents can show up any time. 3 hatches later from an original Frankinbunny I just got the healing talent in the newest hatch.

Altho I do not have unicorn in the mix I am narrowing down talents as I rehatch to get a pet with all the desired talents. Among these 12 pets I have Fairy Friend, Sprite, Spell Proof and Energizing Battery that I am interested in merging to one pet. Rather then make it a huge undertaking I am concentrating on getting Fairy Friend to manifest which I finally have by adult, at teen this same pet also manifested MC Spritely so this pet now has 2 of the talents I want. I will train this pet now one more level to see if it gets another talent I want, if not it's back to the drawing board. As a note I am finding the best pet for me to work with is the Frankinbunny and Starfish. The original pet that I got Fairy Friend from was a Brave Hound, I have manifested Spell Proof from the hatched pet but no Fairy Friend or Sprite. I have hatched 3 different pets with this Brave Hound to finally see Fairy Friend but not until I hatched one of the original hatches with another parent. I no longer need to hatch with the Hound to carry on the traits I want.

Even with this small scale experiment I am finding I need to make note of parents and hatched babies and storing possible parents at a castle so I can pick them up easily and to keep track of possible future hatchers. I have 2 wizards I have stopped questing with and am using them for hatches and training. They are higher level, they spend time helping others only, are full of gold and collected a lot of stuff to sell. I have one non questing wizard that is my gardener of mainly Couch Potatoes and King Parsley for the pet snacks which I use sparingly only on very worthy pets.

I have read the guides on line and find duelist101.com has the best idea on how to with pets.

Mary

Survivor
Mar 30, 2013
no you do not. sometimes there is a glitch. can you tell me how many times you tried

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Hello, thanks for your answers, now my pet is ancient and got may cast tower shield talent, my pet only manifests epic talents and now rest one, I should try level up to epic? Maybe I can get the healing current talent.

Thanks.