Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minor Game Updates - February 2014

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
I think the new wave of players do not do side quests so would like the option to enter worlds earlier or to many where bottle necked trying to get into Celestia?

I am not sure this is going to work out as at level 44 you have quite a while before you can build critical and block into you gear to get out the other side of CL.
I tend to battle straight through worlds along the storyline quests. When I finished Dragonspyre on my most recent solo myth wizard I was level 44. It takes a lot of side quests to go up 3.5-4 levels at that stage of the game. It basically made me stop the storyline for about 3-4 days (3 times longer than it took for me to finish all of Dragonspyre). I would say that was really the only big bottleneck for speed players. Celestia was only like 1.5-2 levels below. Zafaria and up all had the opposite, they give more experience than needed so you catch up to any missed XP from side quests. Doing only storyline (and training point and school quests), I was still level 92 when I finished Xibalba and maxed at 95 long before reaching the Eclipse Tower in Khrysalis.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
wishgirl43 on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
no offense but i think the new level requirements are too low. Players should be able to start Khrysalis at level 88 not level 85. Also level 75 players would not be able to handle atzeca. I was a level 88 and could barely deal with the weakness spam on bosses and the 2 school masterys. Plus spritely casts so much more than fairy friend. So why would you have fairy cast more if people keep complaining about how much it gets cast in pvp. That is just stupid. And if your going to incrase the effect of fairy friends you might as well increase unicorn and healing current so that the people with only healing pets can never die in pvp. You should really just lower the healing talents in pvp because its just to much.
Fairy has always cast more than Spritely on all my pets. Now it casts a lot less often than Spritely. All healing appears to have been lowered. Fairy friend was decreased not increased in frequency. Fairy friend is an uncommon talent and Spritely is rare. Fairy should really cast more often based off the talent levels. This update claims they are now the same rate, but so far I'm seeing my pet cast Spritely about 5-6 times more frequently than Fairy and both are pretty infrequent now.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
I have to say, I just trained a Polar Fox hybrid into mega this morning and it's healing in regular play with great efficiency. It heals with Fairy, Unicorn and Healing Current during fights, it doesn't know Spritely. I'm happy with the pet talents!

Fallon Shadowstalker

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Oran PixieSword on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
Will this reduce or increase the Fairy Friend cast rate?
Now it's like spritely, they won't cast it if you have full health.

Explorer
May 02, 2012
I am level 44 on my balance wizard and I just started ds! XD :D

Brooke LionHeart
Level 47

Andrea DragonTamer
Level 44

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
please please please fix the khrysalis gardening spells soon.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
RavenLady777 on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
Yes. Level 44 to gain access to Celestia if you've completed all the main storyline quests to get you there.
No, level 55, 44 is to get into DragonSpyre.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Northlite on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
From what I have seen from the cast rate of Fairy Friend to Spritely it will reduce Fairy Friend to match the lower casting rate of Spritely. I do not PVP so this is observation of in the field game play.

Keep in mind and remember - with a past update Spritely was reduced and does not seem to be as effective of a healing talent now. We have some pets that do not cast Spritely over several hours of game play when they used to before the adjustment, sorry Forest Lord you are no longer my Fav pet, go play in my yard now. You can call it just bad luck for me now? I call it a lot of my time wasted on a watered down talent. I can't really complain because I did not invest any real money into the talent. I started it way back when the Massive castle came out and used my Fierce Hound mainly for hatching it into other pets. If I had invested money well, get out the gloves we are going to dance .

I am going to continue to see how this all pans out and adjust our pet training accordingly? I currently was able to snag a hatch with a pet that had Fairy Friend and am rehatching to expose the talent - after 10 hatches it has shown up oddly with Spritely by adult on a lowly starfish. Since this game change of healing in general I am not feeding any of my pets over level 7-8 pet snacks and will have to incorporate test realm for further training of my older pets. I feel extremely sorry for those who have some much time and money into this talent to have it taken away from them. All I can say is consider your spending habits in game and realize it is the equivalent of opening window and tossing it out when you buy virtual items.

Mary
Ok, this Fairy Friend reduction to match that of Spritely is absolutely ridiculous and nothing more than that. Mary, I have my boxing gloves on Only putting you in the quote because you make some valid points.

KingsIsle, allow me to remind you of a very basic fact in the world of Talents in pets.

FairyFriend is an UNCOMMON talent

Spritely is a RARE talent

It only stands to reason that FairyFriend IS and always SHOULD cast more often than Sprite. You have pretty much just changed your own rules to what the pets are supposed to do.

I have spent well over $10,000 in 2 years playing this game. Including the money spent buying 175 Evil Magma Peas. I have invested a heck of a lot of time and money on this game and on my pets to get them to become my ideal pets. Now they just stand there after spending 16 hours a DAY for 2 years playing the game. Not going to happen anymore. I'm through. You are only catering to the very few whiners of the PvP arena and not to the entire gaming community in Wizard101. I know not all PvPers whine, but those that do ruin the game for everyone else. This whole Shadow Magic was created because PvPers complained about Ice and their immunity... did you players even think about a spell called Prism? That would get around their immunity nicely. But no, you had to whinge. Anyone can become immune to any school with the right gear. You just have to find it. I do PvP occasionally as I do not like the attitudes I find in there. I'm a quester and a pet trainer. These updates are useless to so many players.

I'm done, I'm through, I refuse to give KI another cent. My membership is over on the 20th. From now till then I intend to get my Balance to 90 then I'm quitting.

A very disgruntled

Survivor
Aug 10, 2012
I think you should make pet training a little easier because I am having trouble leveling my pet up to ancient.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
I understand lowering the level cap for the other worlds, but for celestia? Nope, you should RAISE it if anything, this is probably the hardest world ever (level-you-are-supposed-to-be-when-you-are-there-wise), and lowering it just makes it worse. Expect a LOT of rage in the Celestia part of the Message Boards.

Robert Angleblade
Promethean Theurgist (L95)

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
The following minor game updates were added to Wizard101 on February 12th 2014
  • The Dark Fairy minion who accompanies Rattlebones will have her health reduced to match other Dark Fairies in Unicorn Way
  • The pet spell "May Cast Fairy" will now cast with the same frequency as the pet spell "Spritely"
  • A few individuals (approximately 150 people) with erroneous PvP score rankings (negative numbers, impossible loss rates, for example) have had their rankings adjusted. If this impacts you, and you want to know more about why your score was adjusted, send an email to our team at help@kingsisle.com
  • Grinding down the grind - Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca & Khrysalis have all had their minimum level entry requirement reduced. See the chart below

WorldQuest Requirement
(this will still be required)
Old Level
Requirement
New Level
Requirement
Celestia The Final Countdown (Dragonspyre) 48 44
Zafaria Through This Door (Celestia) 60 55
Avalon Through Glass Darkly (Zafaria) 70 65
Azteca A Great Storm Coming (Avalon) 80 75
Khrysalis Speaker for the Dead (Azteca) 90 85
but why reduce the level of Cl i am 55 and it is hard

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Canny B Moone on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
So, does this mean a massive flood of under-powered and under-prepared wizards in challenging areas, like Wintertusk, Azteca and Khrysalis? 'Cause babysitting the less-than-motivated wizards for whom this update is targeted is not my idea of fun.

I do hope they will be given some nice, free, high quality gear to help them skip half the game.

Gee, thanks Kings Isle. Glad my time here is nearly over.

Qbb
I think your post pretty much explains how it's going to pan out.

I like the gear idea. I think it will cause many wizards to give up earlier if they don't have more help along the way. Early CL at level 46 more may need constant help.

This is only going to work out for experienced players who have passed though these worlds before and are prepared for them.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
I think your post pretty much explains how it's going to pan out.

I like the gear idea. I think it will cause many wizards to give up earlier if they don't have more help along the way. Early CL at level 46 more may need constant help.

This is only going to work out for experienced players who have passed though these worlds before and are prepared for them.

Mary
It ALLOWS players to enter at lower levels is all. It doesn't FORCE them. I really doubt that inexperienced players will be making through Dragonspyre by 46. This doesn't affect them at all. I don't see how lowering the limits will make people give up earlier. If they finish DS by level 46, making them go back and spend a week or two doing pointless side quests to get to level 48 is more likely to get them quit in my opinion.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Roberto Angleblade on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
I understand lowering the level cap for the other worlds, but for celestia? Nope, you should RAISE it if anything, this is probably the hardest world ever (level-you-are-supposed-to-be-when-you-are-there-wise), and lowering it just makes it worse. Expect a LOT of rage in the Celestia part of the Message Boards.

Robert Angleblade
Promethean Theurgist (L95)
Exactly. CL is already hard enough for people entering it the first time. Lowering the entry point is a bad idea. As if people don't already get overwhelmed by the jump in difficulty -- here, lets just add to the frustration by letting them in even more under-prepared!

Sometimes I wonder if any one has read any of the many, many posts complaining about the shift from first arc to second arc play. I would think you would try to make that transition smoother, rather than speeding it up so it is even more of a shock.

I suppose, as Mary/Northlite said, the experienced players who are running new wizards with hand-me down equipment from old wizards might like this change. But first timers are in for a very rude awakening!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Tiggs78 on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
No, level 55, 44 is to get into DragonSpyre.
No it's not.Read what the professor wrote. It is now level 44 rather than level 48 to gain access to Celestia by doing the Final Countdown.

WorldQuest Requirement
(this will still be required)
Old Level
Requirement
New Level
Requirement
Celestia The Final Countdown (Dragonspyre) 48 44
Zafaria Through This Door (Celestia) 60 55
Avalon Through Glass Darkly (Zafaria) 70 65
Azteca A Great Storm Coming (Avalon) 80 75
Khrysalis Speaker for the Dead (Azteca) 90 85

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
Thanks Kings Isle for making the game more challenging and fun!

Historian
May 06, 2009
I'd like to through my 2 cents on the topic of May Cast Fairy.
For starters, I doubt this change was brought about because of PvP whiners. Honestly, from what I've seen in the PvP section, those days are over and people should stop using those as the scapegoats for their arguments. I doubt KI really acts on those concerns. I think KI is running on it's own agenda as they see fit, which you may or may not agree with.

Going back to something Proffesors Cyrus and Falmea said.

Cyrus said:
"Greetings, students. ...As you know, fairies are capricious and unpredictable creatures. It appears that some of my recent spell research has caused the fairies to behave differently on pets than they have in the past. I did need to make changes to the frequency they were cast, as they were too disruptive to combat. But the amount their behavior has changed was unintended. Now they are not appearing nearly as much as I would like...

Fairies cast from pets should be happening equally as often as Spritely..."

Falmea said:
"...along with some other balance changes, will find the combat pendulum swinging back the other way. We found that battles seemed to be getting longer and longer, and we wanted to take steps to return to more fast-paced, thrilling combat, rather than a competition of who has the most resistance and can last the longest."

It's my understanding that efforts like this that seem to anger the community, are to make battles short and less disruptive, whether they harm you or not. I also think players are relying too much on pets with may cast heals (just my opinion) and their popularity is a little excessive (but there's not much anyone can do there). But it's almost as if we might as well kill the Life school. I believe pet heals should be additional help but not totally powerful that you can sit back and let them do the work. I will agree that it would appreciated if KI released an official announcements over changes like this and maybe even some commpensations.

Historian
May 06, 2009
I will say, however, that I think it's unfortunate to those who do work very hard and spend hard-earned money to acquire these powerful healing pets only to have them "nerfed" and preforming below previous behaviors. If it's enough to make some players quit, well then oh well, because that's their descision.

Looking back on all the changes that really peeved the community, nerfs to Sprite and now Fairy, changes to Reshuffle, increasing and decreasing challenges, it makes me wish that a lot of these changes now, were already in the beginning of the game. Had Reshuffle already had that "x1" effect on it, it wouldn't matter if Jade Gear or other high resistance gear was the problem at all. No one could cast Reshuffle more than once. Or if Sprite, Fairy, and any other healing may casts never exsisted, or at least had low frequencies (like they should have) then no one would care if they got nerfed because they would exsist or be super relevant to game play.

Am I saying have KI remove them? No, because then we can say "Bye, bye Wizard101" and procede like Free Realms. But it would've been nice if these fixes were already forethought so we wouldn't have outrages like these. But we do. And powering Wizards only to nerf really doesn't work for the community, because the chance we get super powerful (and this is just human nature) we don't want to give it up. It's like feeding a kid 15 cookies a day, only to give him 3 one day and expect him not to have a fit.

I don't invest time and energy into hybrid pets. I didn't like how my best friend got obsessed with having that perfect pet and I found the proccess too much of a hassle. I think it's rewarding to those who do it, but I've never seen it as a need. Personally, I think KI should start looking closer into gear power and difficulty of the game, because it was those exact mistakes (Jade PvP; pre-Azteca) that forced us into what we're talking about today.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I've run my Fairy/Sprite/Unicorn pet all weekend in Azteca.

Through about 22 hours of gameplay, I've seen:
2 fairy
21 Sprite
37 Unicorn

Based on the level of the talents Fairy - uncommon, Sprite - Rare, Unicorn - Epic, should the castings not have been the other way around??

Survivor
May 08, 2012
I pvp with my characters from time to time, both death and balance at max level. I have never had a problem with my pets healing until today. None of them are healing. One has spritely the other has fairy. I would rather have my pets overheal than underheal. I also do some dungeons alone and would like my pets to heal as they normally would, but not at all is too much. I especially nearly died on death in mirror lake when I soloed it.

Pets need to heal no matter what rate in the arena and in questing. I suggest king isle reverse this update as it is affecting many players in the game.

Miranda StormTalon

Miranda Willowblossom

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Will this change any of the boss and mob stats?

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
itzz aaron on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
So we would be level 44 to be in celestia now? I don't get this
It means that you had to be AT LEAST level 48 before getting the key to celestia. Now you only have to be at least 44. This works well for me, now I can do wintertusk after celestia, instead of barely making it though after dragonspyre.. Thanks!!

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
I'd like to through my 2 cents on the topic of May Cast Fairy.
For starters, I doubt this change was brought about because of PvP whiners. Honestly, from what I've seen in the PvP section, those days are over and people should stop using those as the scapegoats for their arguments. I doubt KI really acts on those concerns. I think KI is running on it's own agenda as they see fit, which you may or may not agree with.

Going back to something Proffesors Cyrus and Falmea said.

Cyrus said:
"Greetings, students. ...As you know, fairies are capricious and unpredictable creatures. It appears that some of my recent spell research has caused the fairies to behave differently on pets than they have in the past. I did need to make changes to the frequency they were cast, as they were too disruptive to combat. But the amount their behavior has changed was unintended. Now they are not appearing nearly as much as I would like...

Fairies cast from pets should be happening equally as often as Spritely..."

Falmea said:
"...along with some other balance changes, will find the combat pendulum swinging back the other way. We found that battles seemed to be getting longer and longer, and we wanted to take steps to return to more fast-paced, thrilling combat, rather than a competition of who has the most resistance and can last the longest."

It's my understanding that efforts like this that seem to anger the community, are to make battles short and less disruptive, whether they harm you or not. I also think players are relying too much on pets with may cast heals (just my opinion) and their popularity is a little excessive (but there's not much anyone can do there). But it's almost as if we might as well kill the Life school. I believe pet heals should be additional help but not totally powerful that you can sit back and let them do the work. I will agree that it would appreciated if KI released an official announcements over changes like this and maybe even some commpensations.
I love how you laid this out, I agree with your post completely, thanks for your contribution friend!

Survivor
Mar 24, 2011
i noticed that the teleporter to tyrian gorge is labled moon cliff in bastion

Survivor
Dec 28, 2013
azoresgirl on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Hi there!

Will the level requirement for any of the Training Point quests be adjusted also? I imagine the Zeke quests are triggered by entering those worlds but I was thinking more about the ones that are available from other TP quests. Thanks!
yea I agree they should be reduced for higher levels like 60 and above