Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forbiden PvP spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2012
Has anyone noticed the spells that are Prohibit in Player VS Player matches? i mean our own minions spells are prohibit!! (75+ ones) i feel it really heavy for the school many of this school spells are limited to minions only (even one that we get around the same level), also our best shield, blade and our only healing spell! is limited to minions only i see it pretty unfair this minions are great and every school gets one!, Also something i don't understand how This spells are prohibit in PvP? while some FORBIDEN schools of magic, (Shadow Magic) are allowed? we might need it to defeat the shadow queen and need it to stand a chance against her but how Diego allows such spells into his arena, i would really like a re-think in the forbidden spells for PvP matches.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Well, I don't play as Myth and I don't have much experience in the Myth school but I do know they have other minions besides the Level 75 ones. Why not use one of those? The reason the Level 75 minions are forbidden is because they can cast higher ranked spells than most school's normal minions and their targeting system is a little sharper than the normal minions too. My Malduit loves to spam Deer Knight and Lord of Night (if that's the spell's correct name, I don't use it so I'm not entirely sure), and I know Freddo the Fish loves to spam Handsome Fomori, shields, and blizzard (well, at least I know mine does).

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 80

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Nightblood1995 on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Well, I don't play as Myth and I don't have much experience in the Myth school but I do know they have other minions besides the Level 75 ones. Why not use one of those? The reason the Level 75 minions are forbidden is because they can cast higher ranked spells than most school's normal minions and their targeting system is a little sharper than the normal minions too. My Malduit loves to spam Deer Knight and Lord of Night (if that's the spell's correct name, I don't use it so I'm not entirely sure), and I know Freddo the Fish loves to spam Handsome Fomori, shields, and blizzard (well, at least I know mine does).

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 80
itsstill not overpowered when every school has it!!! thevonly reason theyvmade it no pvp is because people complain!!!!!!

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Ok, where to start, where to start. I know!

The lvl 75 minions are banned from PvP for a good reason, if you face someone below you and you use your minion. Then that person is facing a High ranked minion and not to mention your opponent. Shadow Magic is easy to deal with, all you have to do is make there black lash hit hard. but a minion with 1800 health is going to be a little bit more trouble.

Now for people who say myth suffers, no they don't sure we have spells that focus around minions but its not the end of the world. You have Talos, and only a MYTH in PvP can use it, the Treasure card is banned. I love myth because it a heavy hitter, it easy to beat your opponent just use strategy. You have medusa, it stuns them for 2 turns, you have Basilisk which does damage over time. Myth doesn't really have to worry about shields. You can send your ticks to your minion with Dimension shift.

If your a myth and someone uses shadow shrike, use medusa right there and then, even if they have a myth shield, the backlash will do a ton of damage.

but I agree lvl 75 minions shouldn't be in PvP

"Ice is delicate and beautiful, but can be tough and deadly "

Angel lvl 85

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Emperor of Life on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
itsstill not overpowered when every school has it!!! thevonly reason theyvmade it no pvp is because people complain!!!!!!
Well I wasn't talking about the level 75 minions being under/overpowered, I was saying they can use spells all other schools minions can't. Now on a personal note I'd love to use Malduit in my PvP matches, but if they made it legal there are a list of things that would have to happen (and that PvPers would have to deal with):

Level 75 minions spamming a higher ranked spell with no mana reduction, delivering heavy yet consistent damage to the opposing team.

Level 75 minions have decent health, so one shot kill tactics would either waste valuable pips or valuable spells since the death of a minion is nothing.

The Life 75 minion can cast Rebirth and spam heals up to Rebirth. If they make level 75 minions legal, this alone would pose a huge problem.

As for the TC versions that can either be changed to where anyone can use any minion or remain as a no-pvp in TC form only.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Honestly, Myth school has minions as part of its school, so banning myths own minion use in PVP is not fair! I don't even have a myth that high and I think it's unfair. They don't ban/or limit the other schools abilities which make them unique, so why ban myths? Storm still has the highest hit power, critical rate etc...If you look on leader boards Life has high health & tons of heal cards, do they limit life's ability to heal? Or Fire's great over-time spells. That is what gives those schools their power, so again why limit myths?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Scarlette753 on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Honestly, Myth school has minions as part of its school, so banning myths own minion use in PVP is not fair! I don't even have a myth that high and I think it's unfair. They don't ban/or limit the other schools abilities which make them unique, so why ban myths? Storm still has the highest hit power, critical rate etc...If you look on leader boards Life has high health & tons of heal cards, do they limit life's ability to heal? Or Fire's great over-time spells. That is what gives those schools their power, so again why limit myths?
The lvl 75 minions were meant to be no pvp. KI could have not given the schools a lvl 75 minion but decided to in order to give players an edge in questing.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Sarah Jadehsard on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Has anyone noticed the spells that are Prohibit in Player VS Player matches? i mean our own minions spells are prohibit!! (75+ ones) i feel it really heavy for the school many of this school spells are limited to minions only (even one that we get around the same level), also our best shield, blade and our only healing spell! is limited to minions only i see it pretty unfair this minions are great and every school gets one!, Also something i don't understand how This spells are prohibit in PvP? while some FORBIDEN schools of magic, (Shadow Magic) are allowed? we might need it to defeat the shadow queen and need it to stand a chance against her but how Diego allows such spells into his arena, i would really like a re-think in the forbidden spells for PvP matches.
Valid point.

I agree. No minions but this ridiculous Shadow Magic is allowed?

Really?

The reason can't be the minions are too over powered for the arena and Shadow Magic isn't. Not buying that one.

This needs addressed.