Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Repeated hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
So I am hatching an Adult Yuletide spirit with a Mega Phoenix. I am getting a radiant egg back which is a fire pet named sir Smokey. Ok cool. However I was checking out its possible talents it will manifest and I already know it will not get unicorn (which the Yuletide spirit has). All of its possible talents are either uncommon or rare.

So my question is, will I always get the same pet back? Or can I try to hatch them again to try and manifest a different set of talents.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You might get either pet type, and any mix of talents from both parents (both hidden and unlocked talents). So your results will be different every hatch. Some talents will come up more often than others.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
I have been working on a project with 2 pets. I have hatched about a hundred eggs from the same 2 pets. each time is different, with a small variance. This is because from the 2 parent pets, I have only 5 talents manifested. So then my egg will have those 5 manifested and the other 5 will be randomly chosen from the other 15 non manifested from the original parents.
This all depends on how many different talents each parent pet has. for instance, if you hatch an egg from 2 mega pets, each with 2 sets of totally different talents (for a total of 10 different talents), then you will probably receive very similar results, if not the same.
If you hatch 2 pets with only a few talents between them, then the variable will increase.
example: you hatch an egg from 2 adult pets with a total of 4 manifested talents. Then you have 6 more talents that the computer will have to randomly choose from the other 16 non manifested parent talents left. So then this hatch, if repeated, will vary greatly.
I have learned that If you like a pets talents, and you like to hatch, then sometimes it is better to keep certain pets at certain levels.
Example: if you do not like the "selfish" talents, and you have a pet with a few talents that you do like, then just keep that pet at that level for hatching purposes. because if you decide to bring the pet up one level, and then you manifest a selfish talent, then that talent will always carry over to the next hatch. However, if you kept your pet at the level with just the talents that you like, then when you hatch, there is only a chance that your pet will receive the unwanted selfish talent.
I hope this helped
Mark Dragonleaf L66 Storm

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
You may find this link helpful. It explains about everything you need to know about hatching and how it works.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Hatching_Pets

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
stormkraker on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
I have been working on a project with 2 pets. I have hatched about a hundred eggs from the same 2 pets. each time is different, with a small variance. This is because from the 2 parent pets, I have only 5 talents manifested. So then my egg will have those 5 manifested and the other 5 will be randomly chosen from the other 15 non manifested from the original parents.
This all depends on how many different talents each parent pet has. for instance, if you hatch an egg from 2 mega pets, each with 2 sets of totally different talents (for a total of 10 different talents), then you will probably receive very similar results, if not the same.
If you hatch 2 pets with only a few talents between them, then the variable will increase.
example: you hatch an egg from 2 adult pets with a total of 4 manifested talents. Then you have 6 more talents that the computer will have to randomly choose from the other 16 non manifested parent talents left. So then this hatch, if repeated, will vary greatly.
I have learned that If you like a pets talents, and you like to hatch, then sometimes it is better to keep certain pets at certain levels.
Example: if you do not like the "selfish" talents, and you have a pet with a few talents that you do like, then just keep that pet at that level for hatching purposes. because if you decide to bring the pet up one level, and then you manifest a selfish talent, then that talent will always carry over to the next hatch. However, if you kept your pet at the level with just the talents that you like, then when you hatch, there is only a chance that your pet will receive the unwanted selfish talent.
I hope this helped
Mark Dragonleaf L66 Storm
Your theory isn't correct. Manifested talents are no more likely or guaranteed than unknown ones. Manifested talents do not always carry over. If that were true, no one would ever get decent pets because all school and dropped pets carry them. It would be impossible to get rid of them, and it clearly isn't because I have rid all my pets of all selfish talents. All 5 talents are set at hatching, that is why KI removed mega-snack packs from the test realm. People were hatching, then waiting for test realm, then using the free crowns to test train pets. If a bad pet came up, don't train in real game... a good one comes up, then you know to train it for real.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Further to Seethe42's post, you also have the chance of getting a dormant talent, from a number of hatches back, that did not even exist in the current pool of the immediate parents.

I've been hatching and training Armaments for months now, and I've manifested every single one of my ten slots over the past number of hatches.

I can "Guarentee" what talent is in what slot... each time.... every time... as the last 10 have had the exact same 10 slots, over, and over, and over.

3 back, I got May Cast locust Swarm, which hadn't been in the talent pool for over 10 generations...
Not just unmanifested, just not there....

Recessive talents from generations back have the ability to show eventually

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
seethe42 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Your theory isn't correct. Manifested talents are no more likely or guaranteed than unknown ones. Manifested talents do not always carry over. If that were true, no one would ever get decent pets because all school and dropped pets carry them. It would be impossible to get rid of them, and it clearly isn't because I have rid all my pets of all selfish talents. All 5 talents are set at hatching, that is why KI removed mega-snack packs from the test realm. People were hatching, then waiting for test realm, then using the free crowns to test train pets. If a bad pet came up, don't train in real game... a good one comes up, then you know to train it for real.
Seth,
Thank You for you reply. However,
It is not a theory. Why do you think everyone wants to hatch with a pet with good talents?
I speak from a lot of experience. I have 27 pets at mega, and I have only been playing this game for 8 months.
Using my theory, 3 of those pets have all 5 healing talents.(betta fish, babydactyl, enchanted armor) And It was a lot easier then I thought.
healing current, unicorn, fairy friend, batusi, and spritely. Last night was my 3rd extreme healing pet the babydactyl.

The reason why I have these pets, and it took me about a month to get 3 of them, is using my system.

when I hatched a pet from 2 parent pets, each with 1 healing talent, and another talent since the pet has to be an adult to hatch. 90%, of the time, I raised the pet it would only have the abilities that the parent pets had. I did this at least a hundred times.

example: this is exactly the pets I used to get the extreme healing pets: step 1:
I called these 2 pets "A" series
Betta Fish: healing current & critical striker
Giraffe: spritely & heart o pixie
This was my first step, when I hatched from these 2 pets, 90 % of the time, I would get one of those four talents ONLY. it was not long till I got a pet with healing current and spritely ( called "B" series )

my next step:
using 2 different healing pets. I still considered these pets "A" series
Rescue Rover: unicorn & sprite time
Lady Bug: Batusi & medic
again, the only talents that I ever saw manifest was one of the four talents.
before long, I got a pet with Unicorn and Batusi ( another "B" series pet)

Final step:
Nutcracker: fairy friend & ice eye ("A" series)
I hatched that pet with a "B" series.(the one with Unicorn and batusi) So at this point,
The pet that I hatched, would only manifest Unicorn, Batusi, Fairy, Ice eye.
Again, the only talents that would ever manifest from these 2 pets were only the 4 talents listed.
The only reason why I would hatch again is when that ice eye would show up.
Then finally I got a pet with all three healing talents: Unicorn, Batusi, Fairy. (called "C" series)
Now I have a pet with Unicorn, Batusi, Fairy
And a pet with healing current and spritely

when I hatched a pet from these parent pets, I can guarantee a pet with 3 of the talents,
in just a few hatches I got many with 4 of the healing talents.
Now I have 3 pets with all 5 healing talents.

Either I am the luckiest wizard in the game, or what I have experienced to be true. I find that I am much more likely to hatch a pet with a talent that the parent pet has already manifested.

As far as any test realm, I never bothered with it.

I wish I could show you the pets I have. My next project is critical pets.

Look for me in the pet pavilion. I usually have the babydactyl or the betta fish with all 5 heals.

Mark Dragonleaf L70 Storm

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Sarg042 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Further to Seethe42's post, you also have the chance of getting a dormant talent, from a number of hatches back, that did not even exist in the current pool of the immediate parents.

I've been hatching and training Armaments for months now, and I've manifested every single one of my ten slots over the past number of hatches.

I can "Guarentee" what talent is in what slot... each time.... every time... as the last 10 have had the exact same 10 slots, over, and over, and over.

3 back, I got May Cast locust Swarm, which hadn't been in the talent pool for over 10 generations...
Not just unmanifested, just not there....

Recessive talents from generations back have the ability to show eventually
Yes,

I understand that. But the debate was about the fact that, with a hatched pet, you will more likely see one of the parents manifested talents.

the manifested talents in the parent pets always carry over to the hatched pets for me.

If what I said where not to be true, then why when I hatch a pet from 2 pets with certain talents, do I always see those talents manifest?

I also see these talents manifest as the first talents 90% of the time.

read my reply to Seth. I posted my system. I used a system to get extreme healing pets. Now I have 3 pets with all 5 may cast healing. This only took me about a month, using my system.

Mark Dragonleaf L70 Storm.

P.S. I also have 4 red barns with 4 wizards. all are full of evil magma peas. I harvest a few hundred mega pet snacks a week. I go through them very quick on my experimenting. Trust me, I do see results as I have stated.