Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Gear | School Quests

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
We all know how chaotic and frustrating it is to get good gear. I was doing some thinking and I would like to see some crafted gear from our teachers! Instead of receiving a spell, our teachers can give us a quest to go get the long lost gear of the school.

For example:

''Wizard, it has been so long, you are the strongest wizard at Ravenwood Academy...''

''It is time for you to find the long lost ice gear that Ymir (Ice titan) once wore.''

''Speak to Kelvin to continue your quest''

Once you finish the quest, you will be rewarded the full gear (Hat, robe, shoes, wand).

Requirements:

Level 98
Complete the level 88 spell quest

Please let me know what you think!

Survivor
May 08, 2009
eSnowFrost on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
We all know how chaotic and frustrating it is to get good gear. I was doing some thinking and I would like to see some crafted gear from our teachers! Instead of receiving a spell, our teachers can give us a quest to go get the long lost gear of the school.

For example:

''Wizard, it has been so long, you are the strongest wizard at Ravenwood Academy...''

''It is time for you to find the long lost ice gear that Ymir (Ice titan) once wore.''

''Speak to Kelvin to continue your quest''

Once you finish the quest, you will be rewarded the full gear (Hat, robe, shoes, wand).

Requirements:

Level 98
Complete the level 88 spell quest

Please let me know what you think!
I like it. I approve.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
ignesDragon on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
I like it. I approve.
Thanks

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I like it! Perhaps a series of quests. Go you, complete quest, talk to teacher, get one piece of gear. (s)he sends you out, finish quest, get second piece of gear, etc.

The only problem I see with it is this: Not everybody plays the same style, so unless we got to CHOOSE what armor we wanted, I fear some people would feel shortchanged and complain that their gear is terrible, or that one school got better gear than everybody else, etc

I am in NO WAY trashing the idea, I really like it, just mentioning some things to take into consideration is all :)

Survivor
Dec 05, 2011
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
I like it! Perhaps a series of quests. Go you, complete quest, talk to teacher, get one piece of gear. (s)he sends you out, finish quest, get second piece of gear, etc.

The only problem I see with it is this: Not everybody plays the same style, so unless we got to CHOOSE what armor we wanted, I fear some people would feel shortchanged and complain that their gear is terrible, or that one school got better gear than everybody else, etc

I am in NO WAY trashing the idea, I really like it, just mentioning some things to take into consideration is all :)
I'd take it a step further. Make the series of quests a series of ingredients needed. Not the same old Do Not Collect quests. I mean you go defeat Boss X and retrieve the Eye of Whatever, then you go Find some Hydra Blood (presumably by killing one)... set a whole series of tasks for each piece of gear. The gear should be good gear, but shouldn't be as good as Hades. Quest rewards are given to everyone, they can't be best gear available.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
I'd take it a step further. Make the series of quests a series of ingredients needed. Not the same old Do Not Collect quests. I mean you go defeat Boss X and retrieve the Eye of Whatever, then you go Find some Hydra Blood (presumably by killing one)... set a whole series of tasks for each piece of gear. The gear should be good gear, but shouldn't be as good as Hades. Quest rewards are given to everyone, they can't be best gear available.
agreed. "DNC" quests are old hate; let's do something new with this idea :)

Survivor
Mar 18, 2013
I really like the idea and would love to see this incorporated but on thing that could be added to this is you would have to do quest dungeons in the library (wizard city) To get the wand and in Marley bone Barkingham palace to get amulet/Ring But I say that your requirements should be get to 110 and to have already defeated Morganthe and possibly another kind of Malistare type boss helping her now that would be a fun quest ( the exp you would get is about 15k to 10k) and you would get a 108 spell like an ice Effreet or an Ice Minotaur (If you are ice that is) If you are myth you get myth effreet or myth Mammoth ,Life you would a 1000 Heal spell or a Life Mammoth ,Fire you would get a Fire mammoth that does 1000 to 1200 and stun for 2 rounds if , death you get a death Effreet that does 1000 damage life swap to half ,and ,and shools would get real spells that do dammage like a sun beetle or Star snake and even Moon Minotaur But over all a great idea .

See ya in the spiral Bye

Andrew SkyCrafter Level 70