Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are myth minions useful

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2013
I started a myth wizard because I like the idea of soloing and summoning a minion instead of begging for help from other wizards. But I have read that myth minions are useless in higher levels.
I read about talos at 55 and a new level 75 minion. it is said that myth can solo because of there minions but others say that at higher levels that are not helpful and since myth is the school of the minions to me at least it makes it less desirable.
so my question is, are myth minions helpful and useful throughout the entire game?

Explorer
Nov 18, 2011
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I have to say that at higher levels, no. Minions become more of a handicap than a help. The problem with minions is that they steal traps, and mess up strategy. At higher levels, you need to set up your traps and other boosts properly in order to get big enough hits to defeat your foes. Early in my myth wizard's career the minions helped a little bit. But once you get to a point where you need to strategize your attacks, the minion AI is just not smart enough to be much help.

You can still solo with myth, as with any school, but you need to learn how to use your own strengths casting your school spells and your secondary school(s), and not rely on minions.

A while back there was a great thread called "the myth project," that gave a lot of great insight into how to play myth wizards well. You might want to look that up.