Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is my deck set up good?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
I got 2 decks, 1 of them is my "main" deck. The one that I use to fight bosses and my 2nd deck is my "small" deck, a deck that I use to fight normal enemies (not bosses) and I often change up my small deck based on what I'm fighting. Since my small deck constantly changes, I don't need to talk about that deck. The deck that I ACTUALLY want to ask about is my main deck set up. (Btw, my character is Death)

The things that I have in my deck is:
2 Stun Shield
3 Colossal
2 Potent Trap
2 Primordial
2 Sharpened Blade
2 Satyr
1 Glacial Shield (Fire)
1 Ether Shield (Myth)
2 Vengeance
2 Virulence (The death Azteca Star Spell)
2 Avenging Fossil
2 Curse
3 Death Prism
2 Death Trap
4 DeathBlade
2 Death Spear
1 Dream Shield (Death)
2 Feints
2 Dr. Von's Monster
3 King Artorius
3 Mass Prism
2 Scarecrow
2 Skeletal Dragon
2 Skeletal Pirate
2 Wraith
2 Reshuffle
4 Spirit Blade
2 Spirit Trap
1 Shadow Shrike
2 Shadow Sentinel
(Altogether, this adds up to the full 64)
Also, I don't shield myself often...or well, let's be honest and say that I don't shield at all. I mainly use my Drain Damage spells to survive and for me, the more traps and blades I use, the better i'll feel...seriously!
As for the spells that I use the absolute most would be all of my blades and traps (except the Spirit Traps. For some reason, I'm not using them as much as I used to) and for attacks, most of the time, you'll see me use Dr. Von's Monster because it's currently the highest rank Drain Damage spell. I'll use Scarecrow when I feel like getting a rid of the minions. As for my other attacks, I use them occasionally when ever I feel like using them and I don't use my Shadow Spells all the time since they hurt when the backlash comes

If the question of "do I solo a lot of bosses or not" have crossed your mind at all, then my answer is yes. I like to solo almost every boss that I have to fight. I can solo a minor cheating boss but I CANNOT solo a major cheating boss (For example, the boss before Sofia DarkSide, Belloq, Hisser, and a Ice Boss in Bastion [the one that would cast Mana Burn on the person with the most pips at about every 4 rounds or so]) Soooo yea, tell me what y'all think about my deck set up and if you have advice on how I can improve my deck, then you're welcome to give me the advice.

Hunter WaterSmith, Level 95

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I got 2 decks, 1 of them is my "main" deck. The one that I use to fight bosses and my 2nd deck is my "small" deck, a deck that I use to fight normal enemies (not bosses) and I often change up my small deck based on what I'm fighting. Since my small deck constantly changes, I don't need to talk about that deck. The deck that I ACTUALLY want to ask about is my main deck set up. (Btw, my character is Death)

The things that I have in my deck is:
2 Stun Shield
3 Colossal
2 Potent Trap
2 Primordial
2 Sharpened Blade
2 Satyr
1 Glacial Shield (Fire)
1 Ether Shield (Myth)
2 Vengeance
2 Virulence (The death Azteca Star Spell)
2 Avenging Fossil
2 Curse
3 Death Prism
2 Death Trap
4 DeathBlade
2 Death Spear
1 Dream Shield (Death)
2 Feints
2 Dr. Von's Monster
3 King Artorius
3 Mass Prism
2 Scarecrow
2 Skeletal Dragon
2 Skeletal Pirate
2 Wraith
2 Reshuffle
4 Spirit Blade
2 Spirit Trap
1 Shadow Shrike
2 Shadow Sentinel
(Altogether, this adds up to the full 64)
Also, I don't shield myself often...or well, let's be honest and say that I don't shield at all. I mainly use my Drain Damage spells to survive and for me, the more traps and blades I use, the better i'll feel...seriously!
As for the spells that I use the absolute most would be all of my blades and traps (except the Spirit Traps. For some reason, I'm not using them as much as I used to) and for attacks, most of the time, you'll see me use Dr. Von's Monster because it's currently the highest rank Drain Damage spell. I'll use Scarecrow when I feel like getting a rid of the minions. As for my other attacks, I use them occasionally when ever I feel like using them and I don't use my Shadow Spells all the time since they hurt when the backlash comes

If the question of "do I solo a lot of bosses or not" have crossed your mind at all, then my answer is yes. I like to solo almost every boss that I have to fight. I can solo a minor cheating boss but I CANNOT solo a major cheating boss (For example, the boss before Sofia DarkSide, Belloq, Hisser, and a Ice Boss in Bastion [the one that would cast Mana Burn on the person with the most pips at about every 4 rounds or so]) Soooo yea, tell me what y'all think about my deck set up and if you have advice on how I can improve my deck, then you're welcome to give me the advice.

Hunter WaterSmith, Level 95
Your deck has way too many cards in it.

I also have an almost-max-level death wizard; I solo all but the most ridiculous cheat bosses, and this is what my deck looks like:

Mobs:

2 deathblade
1 sharpened blade
1 colossal
1 scarecrow
1 pet blade
1 amulet blade
1 reshuffle

Bosses:

All of the above, plus 2 feint, 1 potent trap, 3 extra colossal, 1 each of dr. von's monster, fossil, and an extra scarecrow, 2 spirit blades, 1 extra sharpened, 1 virulence, 1 plague, 1 virulent plague, 3 reshuffle, 3 stun block (if boss is ice or myth), 2 prisms (only if boss is death).

Your drains are your heal spells~ you don't need satyrs or pixies in there, taking up space. The key is, especially if you are soloing, to pack only what is necessary to get the job done as quickly as possible. That way, you can get to the cards you need when you need them.

Hope this helps!

-von/Valerian