Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Permanent mounts for gold?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I know I am not the only one who's parents wont buy them crowns. it should be easier for people like me to get cool mounts. Staffs too. It makes me feel lame, dejected and not special. At least I'm not a noob...

Alia Winterwhisper

Defender
May 11, 2012
You CAN get permanent mounts for gold. Go to the crown shop and pick a mount you are interested in. If it doesn't say "crowns only", click on the gold payment option button, and the amount of gold the mount will cost will come up. I know there are some brooms, horses, and dragons you can get for a permanent mount that you can buy for gold. And, if you want houses, I believe all of the houses in the crown shop are also available for purchase with gold. And don't forget to try out some of the contests on Wizard101 approved websites. They give out cool prizes like packs, mounts, and equipment if you win! Good luck and have a nice holiday!

Autumn FairyDreamer

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
there's 2 brooms, a dragon and I think a horse or a panther type of mount you can buy for gold

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
that is actually not true because i am on it right now and i can't find a single mount with gold. We kids who have parents who can't spend 10$ of crowns are just out of luck. Sad part is that is the majority of the players that play this game. Especially newbies.

Savannah LifeShade

Survivor
Dec 08, 2013
Oh don't be so hard on yourself. You know playing the game vanilla actually gives you more skill and experience so in a way your parents not buying you crowns has benefits to it.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
Actually there are mounts for gold... You must be doing something incorrectly. I have four mounts, and three were for gold.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I am IN the Shop now, and have it listed by gold, and I see the following permanant mounts for gold:

50,000 Enchanted Broom
50,000 Chestnut Pony
70,000 Horned Sweeper
70,000 Black Stallion
85,000 Royal Lioness
85,000 Blue Dragon

That's 6 mounts that can be bought with less than 100k gold that you can keep forever. That's enough

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
WOLF13112 on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
that is actually not true because i am on it right now and i can't find a single mount with gold. We kids who have parents who can't spend 10$ of crowns are just out of luck. Sad part is that is the majority of the players that play this game. Especially newbies.

Savannah LifeShade
Pround Lion (Permanent) - 90,000 gold
Dark Redwing (Permanent) - 90,000 gold
Bengal Tiger (Permanent) - 90,000 gold
Royal Lioness (Permanent) - 85,000 gold
Blue Dragon (Permanent) - 85,000 gold
Horned Sweeper (Permanent) - 70,000 gold
Black Stallion (Permanent) - 70,000 gold
Enchanted Broom (Permanent) - 50,000 gold
Chestnut Pony (Permanent) - 50,000 gold

All those are listed in the crown store right now.
Go to mounts, pick one of the mounts I listed, then choose Gold down above the Buy button.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There's also a Bengal Tiger (Permanent) - 90,000 gold

Defender
May 11, 2012
Savannah Lifeshade ,

It IS true that there are some permanent mounts that you can buy for gold in the crown shop (I have bought them myself, and they are still there). I am sorry you are having trouble finding them, but just because you cannot find them, well, that doesn't make it not true. When you go to the mounts in the crown shop, they automatically show you the amount in crowns that they cost. The gold price will not show up until you press the gold amount button, and, if the mount cannot be bought for gold, nothing will happen, but if the mount can be bought for gold, the gold amount price will show up. I believe that the mounts that can be bought for gold are closer to the bottom of the page. I am not saying there are a lot of them, but there are some brooms, horses, dragons, and felines that can be purchased for gold as well as crowns. I wish you luck in your search and Happy Holidays!

Autumn FairyDreamer

Survivor
Jul 11, 2013
There are permanent mounts you can get for coins, ex. all brooms, both dragons? all cats(except for panther and jaguar) i think all horses, but starlight pony.(think thats what its called)

Kaitlyn Shadow, 53 Necromancer!!!