Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Additional questions on my first death pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2013
Hi guys,

This is my second post in the pet pavilion room, and my personal thanks again to the answers in the first post.

At the moment, I'm still in the process of customizing my lvl 44 necromancer's first pet. The cost in gold and time taken so far is almost distressing, but I'm determined to see it through.

There are two questions I hope you can help me with:

1) Is there any chance a talent like 'plague bringer' could appear twice in the gene pool (or talent table?) of a baby pet if both parents have it? The first parent has it as a first-generation talent while the second parent (being a third generation) has inherited it.

2. Just out of curiosity, when i was in the hatchery the other day, I overheard someone asking people around for a pet with 'double resist'. Could anyone please tell me what that means? I have heard of the talent called 'spell defying' and other school-specific resists, but I'm still not sure what a 'double resist' is.
This is the start of my third month in the game and I'm sure my experience is extremely limited.

My deepest thanks to you for spending time reading my post. So far, I've really enjoyed the game.

Zachary Crow, Master necromancer

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
They probably meant a general resist for all schools and a school specific resist too.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
zksr on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Hi guys,

This is my second post in the pet pavilion room, and my personal thanks again to the answers in the first post.

At the moment, I'm still in the process of customizing my lvl 44 necromancer's first pet. The cost in gold and time taken so far is almost distressing, but I'm determined to see it through.

1) Is there any chance a talent like 'plague bringer' could appear twice in the gene pool (or talent table?) of a baby pet if both parents have it? The first parent has it as a first-generation talent while the second parent (being a third generation) has inherited it.

2. Just out of curiosity, when i was in the hatchery the other day, I overheard someone asking people around for a pet with 'double resist'. Could anyone please tell me what that means? I have heard of the talent called 'spell defying' and other school-specific resists, but I'm still not sure what a 'double resist' is.
This is the start of my third month in the game and I'm sure my experience is extremely limited.

My deepest thanks to you for spending time reading my post. So far, I've really enjoyed the game.

I don't believe the same talent from parents can appear in gene pool of baby pet twice. I think it makes a better chance of it showing up in training if it was in it's gene pool twice. If that is what is being asked?

As for talents and pets here is a link with the list of all talents pets can get. It's extensive now.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Talents

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
zksr on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Hi guys,

1) No pets cannot get the same talent twice. Both parents having the same talent just increase the odds that the baby will have it possible. Pets have 10 possible talents each, hatched pets get 10 of the 20 from the parents but none can double.

2) "Double Resist" refers to having both universal resist talents, Spell Proof and Spell Defy. No first gen pets have both, so it must be hatched into them. With high Strength, Agility and Power (around 240+ each) Defy will give +5 and Proof +10 resist to all schools. School specifics can be added to that also. I have a Sea Dragon for example that gives +5 Defy, +10 Proof and +10 Storm Proof. With that +25 and my gear I can become immune to storm.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2013
Thanks for answering my questions guys

Your answers have helped shed light in important aspects of pet hatching I need to know.

Hmm the entire pet hatching process, including ridding of selfish-talents, has given me some frustration but my heart is still set on a positive outcome.

Thanks again and G' Lucks to you all

Zachary Crow

Survivor
Dec 21, 2012
Ok I have a question I have a franken bunny pet at ancient and I haven't gotten energizing battery (health current) so he can heal me once I'm hit, anyways without it having energizing battery if I hatch it with another pet of mine (lava spider) can it get the energizing battery?

Q2: does it really matter what you feet your pet if he likes it or not?

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
ayooangel95 on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
Ok I have a question I have a franken bunny pet at ancient and I haven't gotten energizing battery (health current) so he can heal me once I'm hit, anyways without it having energizing battery if I hatch it with another pet of mine (lava spider) can it get the energizing battery?

Q2: does it really matter what you feet your pet if he likes it or not?
Q1 - Even talents that do not manifest can transfer at a hatch.
So, yes, Healing Current MAY pass down to a hatch, even though it did not manifest on your Frank...

Q2 - Besides the extra 1 pt exp for a like and 2 for a loved snack, I've found that feedign your pet only likes has absolutely 0 effect on manifesting talents.
As best I've read and tried, those 5 talents will be already marked to manifest when the egg hatches. Nothing you do will change that. Not only feeding it loved snacks, not only training it's int or wis, nothing.