Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We aren't part of the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I've noticed that the entire game is based around you going back and forth doing quests and lvling up and fighting and your wizard NEVER TALKS. The whole game is like a movie where the only part where you actually participate in the story line is fighting to "strategically" defeat your enemy. I feel like I'm simply being a character who has no voice in what happens and can only do what is asked of me in quests.
While doing quests and fighting is exciting and fun you never make any choices. I can't even count how many times I've wanted to but in and make a choice. A key example of this would be when Morganth asks you to join her and the game just makes the decision of no and you character doesn't even say anything. I understand how incorporating choices and actions that change the story line would change the way the whole game works and it would require a lot of new animations, voice acting, and whole new scenes, but I'm kinda frustrated at how I'm like simply walking around and talking and fighting. I believe this change would take a while and would be very difficult but it would make the game SO MUCH BETTER. Games in which you are part of the story line I find to be very interesting and make me want to play more. If this change is made I'm sure players would be so much happier. There could be infinite(not really) possibilities and i think you would get a lot more players.
If you think this would make the game better please say so if you want this.

-David 84

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
In every MMO I have played this is existant. It's because YOU are the wizard. YOU say what you want to say. I talk for my wizard....

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i'd love this i hate nolan stormgate and cyrus drake

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Keep in mind the game is designed for younger players so have a multiple choice based storylines is not wholly feasible and still keep the same spirit and game arcs appropriate for all of the game audience. While I to enjoy the flexibility and changes allowed with such choice options I get that from other games that cater to older audiences and have multiple types of characters and allegiances. Wizard101 has single character and allegiance, wizard and wizard city on the side of light.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Oh my gosh! :D I always wished my character could make choices in the game! The entire time, they all tell me what to do and I have to walk around doing that. It kinda beats down my sense of freedom. There's always the narrator, saying stuff like "this room is empty, so you decide to check the room to the left" Well, why couldn't we check the room to the right, or simply walk out and tell whoever the room was empty? And yeah, the with the Morganthe thing, that would be cool if we could join her side then. (although we would probably get annoyed and switch back to the good side, or at least I would) I know how that would be hard for KI to do, but it would be really fun.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 92 myth
Believe, and try hard, and success will be yours

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
david da awesome on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:
I've noticed that the entire game is based around you going back and forth doing quests and lvling up and fighting and your wizard NEVER TALKS. The whole game is like a movie where the only part where you actually participate in the story line is fighting to "strategically" defeat your enemy. I feel like I'm simply being a character who has no voice in what happens and can only do what is asked of me in quests.
While doing quests and fighting is exciting and fun you never make any choices. I can't even count how many times I've wanted to but in and make a choice. A key example of this would be when Morganth asks you to join her and the game just makes the decision of no and you character doesn't even say anything. I understand how incorporating choices and actions that change the story line would change the way the whole game works and it would require a lot of new animations, voice acting, and whole new scenes, but I'm kinda frustrated at how I'm like simply walking around and talking and fighting. I believe this change would take a while and would be very difficult but it would make the game SO MUCH BETTER. Games in which you are part of the story line I find to be very interesting and make me want to play more. If this change is made I'm sure players would be so much happier. There could be infinite(not really) possibilities and i think you would get a lot more players.
If you think this would make the game better please say so if you want this.

-David 84
Hate to tell you but your ideal sounds a LOT like AVQ worlds and I am pretty sure KI will never give you a choice like they do

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
I do like this idea... And several such "options" could just cause humorous alternative dialogues of the same sequence with the same end result - like you saying you want to join the bad guy but then another good guy butts in and railroads you back to "goodness" with some cheesy "how could you? You must be joking! Oh wait, I just ruined your chance at going under cover! Sorry" number, or people calling you rude or sweet or somesuch based on which option you say with little or no real impact on your ultimate rewards or quest progression (maybe a choice causing you to get one of two housing items of approximately equal value, or making you fight a couple monsters if you're rude with the XP for the monsters deducted from the quest reward XP so you get the same XP either way for example).

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
kspirtweaver1996 on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
Hate to tell you but your ideal sounds a LOT like AVQ worlds and I am pretty sure KI will never give you a choice like they do
Whats an AVQ world?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This would cause huge nightmares for players and game makers. Once you make a choice you'd be stuck. Loads of "my friend got this... but I didn't get a chance at that quest..." and such would flood them. The only fair way to have storyline quests is the way they do it. I could see doing "choose your own adventure" style side dungeons, that would be fun for everyone and wouldn't affect main storyline. By making it only in certain replayable dungeons, players could try it every possible way imaginable over and over and find the secrets and drops and bosses that are different in each twist and turn. That would be great and keep the dungeon viable AND updatable forever.

Survivor
May 23, 2013
the game makes choies for us so that we dont go off story or off topic but you can decline quests amber blue lvl 33

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
kspirtweaver1996 on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
adventurequestworlds? um yeah we shouldn't be allowed to join the enemy but make some decisions in how to fight the baddies is a need

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I also think there should be a lot more cut scenes. The only one ever put into the game was the one with malistare and that (in my opinion) barely qualified. Unlike my previous suggestion I don't think this is much to ask for.

David 84

Explorer
Apr 02, 2011
Oh my gosh! DO you know how long I have wanted to be like an NPC? Ever seen some weird dude in ice symbol gear standing next to Mindy Pixiecrown in Colossus Boulevard pretending to give out quests to defeat gobblers? If so that weirdo was probably me! XD But seriously I would love to have my Ice Wizard to talk in a Canadian Accent! Or maybe a Russian one! IDK I love countries with lots of snow! (Note I had two cans of soda.)

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Fantastic idea i love it although it may be kinda hard for KI to make multiple parallel story lines which is a give in if you want multi-choice questions