Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get a storm beetle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2013
I've look online and tried everything but I can't get a storm beetle. I really want one.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ShadowBlade4158 on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
I've look online and tried everything but I can't get a storm beetle. I really want one.
See the link below...

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Storm_Beetle

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
It was a reward for something and ki gave them out to wizards a year or something ago. They do not give more pet storm beetles, but they might give rain beetles. I have a storm beetle if you want to hatch. However, they do not give the best talents. But you can train them so they have awesome talents!
Madison Winterhorn realm sunbird on a hydra.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
The W101central page doesn't say a couple of things:
First is that although it hints at it, it doesn't say it straight out, you can't buy it, get it as a drop, or as a prize, etc.. right now (as far as I know).
Second is that you can not hatch this pet. So if you find someone with this pet and hatch you will only get your pet back. (If I'm wrong I'm sure many will correct me, but this was true a few years ago when I was trying to get one)
Third, is that you CAN get the rain beetle which looks just like the storm beetle but in blue and yellow instead of purple and yellow and also gives the same storm beetle spell (the babydactyl also give that spell). But you may already know that and really want the purple version like I did.