Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shocking drop rates

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Waterworks. Thats all I pretty much gotta say lol. I've been doing waterworks ALL day and I am earning nothing valuable, Just pet snacks which are not that great, some clothes and rings, NOTHING TO DO WITH SKYSCREAM GEAR. Now my balance also has trouble getting judgement gear. Please, at least increase the drop rates here. My balance took half a week to get hat and has taken more than a week to try and get boots, Nothing (I gave up) My storm has done waterworks 4 times, Nothing, Luska 6 times, Nothing. Now if the drop rate is like 1/100 chance I would believe it. Please raise the drop rates here also when you patch the Clam room glitch. Thanks.

Angus Ghostriver 61
Wolf 62
Flint ash 11
Blake Wyrmdreamer 40
Alex Ashcrafter 53
Wolf Iceblade 42

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Natsu Dragneel on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Waterworks. Thats all I pretty much gotta say lol. I've been doing waterworks ALL day and I am earning nothing valuable, Just pet snacks which are not that great, some clothes and rings, NOTHING TO DO WITH SKYSCREAM GEAR. Now my balance also has trouble getting judgement gear. Please, at least increase the drop rates here. My balance took half a week to get hat and has taken more than a week to try and get boots, Nothing (I gave up) My storm has done waterworks 4 times, Nothing, Luska 6 times, Nothing. Now if the drop rate is like 1/100 chance I would believe it. Please raise the drop rates here also when you patch the Clam room glitch. Thanks.

Angus Ghostriver 61
Wolf 62
Flint ash 11
Blake Wyrmdreamer 40
Alex Ashcrafter 53
Wolf Iceblade 42
Apparently too many players like the farming aspect of this event they feel the drop rate is just right. I always thought if you completed that quest you should just get the gear, save the farming part for the amulets and such. Maybe because I really don't find the farming aspect of the game fun and avoid it if possible. I don't like chance to get and never warmed up to it as the game introduced more of it.

Since WW came out many have complained about the drop rate and nothing has changed. Those who have already gotten the gear believe it would be unfair to make this gear something you didn't have to sweat for.

In the end those who have the time and proper group to repeat it till they get the gear are fine, those who can't do with out. You would be surprised how many wizards are out there with out this gear trying to just get by. Most just stop playing, least all the ones I have helped along my way have.

I am only glad KI took pity on us that don't have the time and put out the WinterTusk crafted gear so we can "almost" get as good gear. It turned a lot of non crafters into crafters. Figure WW gear is still on lvl 90 wizards, it's old news and clearly makes game play more pleasant but it's not in the cards for it to be made available to everyone - only those who can work for it?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I think the drop rates were probably appropriate when Waterworks was THE dungeon to do. I know I personally did it over 50 times over the course of all my wizards, but eventually I got all the gear for all four of my wizards. But I doubt I would run any new wizards through there, just because even running it twice without getting a piece of gear would be very disheartening.

The problem now is it isn't THE dungeon to do anymore, yet the drop rates remain at the level when people were running it over and over, like Aquila is now.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
LOL, the difference certainly is staggering.

My Balance and Death wizards did WW when it was released, and they got their gear almost right away. My Storm and Life wizards, however, went through the instance after the drop rates were lowered (due to everyone farming for mastery amulets)~ Storm was level 75 by the time she finally got her robe, and Life still hasn't received her hat or boots at level 63.

(on the bright side, my theurgist *did* get one of the fabled mastery amulets as a drop; sorta makes up for the fact that she probably won't see her gear until she's an archmage)

Sigh,
-v.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Interesting replies and I guess I agree with all :) Thanks though, but one more thing thats just completely ridiculous. The quests where you need to get something from enemies like for example 3 power crystals from some guys or something. These quests take FOREVER to finally at least get ONE of them. I'm either unlucky or the quest drop rates are horrible, It would take me around 30 mins at MINIMUM. My longest has been about an hour. Anyone else had this problem? I mean once in Ravenscar collecting feathers. I'm fighting birds with about 1000's of feathers shown on the enemy which are pixelated yet it takes me around 40 mins to finally get all 3 feathers. What the? Maybe change the quest slightly and aim to get talons or something, not feathers which are shown all over them. I had to take a break from wizard101 because of that lol

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
I agree. I think that they should increase the drop rates. Even though i got the full Firestarter's set on the first 3 tries,I think they should get a higher drop chance on Skyscream,Judgement,etc. Also,I found out is when you are in the first circle battle ring,(when you enter the duel be the first one),You get a higher chance of getting the hood and the boots. The cape you get from Sylster Glowstorm,(I think that's his name). Also, when i battled Luska Charmbeak,I got the Myth Mastery Amulet!.So there you have it. I hope this helps! Logan LegendFlame Level 64

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
BlueHybridCat on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
I agree. I think that they should increase the drop rates. Even though i got the full Firestarter's set on the first 3 tries,I think they should get a higher drop chance on Skyscream,Judgement,etc. Also,I found out is when you are in the first circle battle ring,(when you enter the duel be the first one),You get a higher chance of getting the hood and the boots. The cape you get from Sylster Glowstorm,(I think that's his name). Also, when i battled Luska Charmbeak,I got the Myth Mastery Amulet!.So there you have it. I hope this helps! Logan LegendFlame Level 64
Really? Sounds quite fake to be first and you get a higher drop but then again, doesn't hurt to try. Thanks for the idea, I've been lucky enough so far to get the hood and cape now after about 9 tries so the higher rate for boots will be great Thanks for the helpful reply.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not. The position you are in does NOT change the odds. Drops are pure chance, so it doesn't matter what order you enter the ring, or who does what during the fight.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Natsu Dragneel on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Interesting replies and I guess I agree with all :) Thanks though, but one more thing thats just completely ridiculous. The quests where you need to get something from enemies like for example 3 power crystals from some guys or something. These quests take FOREVER to finally at least get ONE of them. I'm either unlucky or the quest drop rates are horrible, It would take me around 30 mins at MINIMUM. My longest has been about an hour. Anyone else had this problem? I mean once in Ravenscar collecting feathers. I'm fighting birds with about 1000's of feathers shown on the enemy which are pixelated yet it takes me around 40 mins to finally get all 3 feathers. What the? Maybe change the quest slightly and aim to get talons or something, not feathers which are shown all over them. I had to take a break from wizard101 because of that lol
You are not alone in feeling this way. I don't believe there is a wizard in the spiral who enjoys the "collecting" quests from monsters.

Regarding going first in Waterworks having better drop rates for school gear, I'd like to know the reference for such a claim. Sounds like an Urban myth to me. I highly doubt this to be true. Then again, The Devs do all kinds of strange things that don't make sense, and they have no interest in clarifying such things.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
Shocking?.... umm yea.... I'm still trying to get the Divine Amulet from Hades....I run the dungeon on average 2-3 runs per day, for almost 3 months now. That's right do the math... I have recently requested KI to share alittle more information about the drop rate% and calculations,.. They were reluctant to provide me with any clarity - I got a very cookie-cutter response and a suggestion to visit a fansite!?? wow... this is coming from KI.

I'm a hardcore gamer and willing to put in time to obtain rare items... but as I show above, its ridiculous.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
Dantethedarkknight on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
Shocking?.... umm yea.... I'm still trying to get the Divine Amulet from Hades....I run the dungeon on average 2-3 runs per day, for almost 3 months now. That's right do the math... I have recently requested KI to share alittle more information about the drop rate% and calculations,.. They were reluctant to provide me with any clarity - I got a very cookie-cutter response and a suggestion to visit a fansite!?? wow... this is coming from KI.

I'm a hardcore gamer and willing to put in time to obtain rare items... but as I show above, its ridiculous.
Don't be astonished, ki has their reasons to keep their calculations a secret, but I have given up on Tartarus, for the simple fact of this: thousands of senators gear,
One piece of hades gear. Really? Wand. Took me like a month to get .-.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Dr Von on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
LOL, the difference certainly is staggering.

My Balance and Death wizards did WW when it was released, and they got their gear almost right away. My Storm and Life wizards, however, went through the instance after the drop rates were lowered (due to everyone farming for mastery amulets)~ Storm was level 75 by the time she finally got her robe, and Life still hasn't received her hat or boots at level 63.

(on the bright side, my theurgist *did* get one of the fabled mastery amulets as a drop; sorta makes up for the fact that she probably won't see her gear until she's an archmage)

Sigh,
-v.
lol just get hades gear

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dantethedarkknight on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:

Ok, let's look at the math. Let's call it 2.5 times a day for 90 days (benefit of the doubt that you never skipped any). That's 225 runs, which is possible but highly doubtful. Now let's just say that you really did that many. The rarest Item in the entire hasn't dropped for you yet. Even if there was a 1/100 chance, and I personally think that would be a ridiculously high drop rate. It's 1% chance of getting it on your first run and still 1% chance of getting it on your 10,000th run. The number of times you do something with independant chances has NO effect on the odds. An example would be a deck of cards. I shuffle them and tell you to draw the Ace of Spades without looking. Every time you draw, I reshuffle the deck and you get to draw again. Your chances of drawing it ALWAYS remain exactly the same 1/52, no matter how many times you've tried it before. You might get it first try, you might get it on the 1000th. With millions of people trying the same thing, some get it right away, others seemingly never.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wizard508million on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
lol just get hades gear
LOL, you obviously don't understand how chance works.

My balance wizard has run Tartarus over 40 times and I have only ever gotten her boots. My death wizard has not tried yet, as I haven't played him in about 6months, and the others are not level 90 (meaning that they can't even attempt to get to Hades yet if I wanted them to).

I am an adult, ergo I do not have time to spend hours upon hours farming for gear. Not that I need it, since my wizards are all machines, elite gear or not... but it would be nice to know that I *can* get it if I want it, without having to waste a bunch of time I don't have to get gear I'll probably never see.

-von